What's new

At the moment China is constructing 145 new silos for ICBMs

Reaction score
Country
China
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – China has begun constructing over 100 new ballistic missile silos near the city of Yumen in the province of Gansu, US media reported.
A total of 119 almost identical construction sites in Gansu show elements featured by existing Chinese launch facilities, the Washington Post newspaper reported, citing commercial satellite images obtained by researchers at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies in Monterey, California. According to experts, the number of new missiles for these silos could be much smaller.
“If the silos under construction at other sites across China are added to the count, the total comes to about 145 silos under construction,” Jeffrey Lewis, director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at the Center for Nonproliferation Studies, a part of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies, told the Washington Post.

Other than ICBMs, all ballistic missiles in China has mobile launcher and don't need silos.

These newly constructed silos could either host silo-based DF-41 or the upcoming new heavy ICBMs.

Like I have repeatedly called, China is now expanding our strategic nuclear arsenals very rapidly.

Preparation for Armageddon War.

It's even mentioned in Chinese prophecy as well.

China is the new Soviet Union. Specially after today’s Xi ji ping blunt speech (towards US) on 100th the anniversary.

Can you share

It said China will be nuked.

Chinese cities will be destroyed.

All the tall buildings made of metal and crystal (glass) will be scattered in a big powerful blow and then get burned.

But the bigger danger is the cloud (aka radiation from the nuclear explosion).

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – China has begun constructing over 100 new ballistic missile silos near the city of Yumen in the province of Gansu, US media reported.
A total of 119 almost identical construction sites in Gansu show elements featured by existing Chinese launch facilities, the Washington Post newspaper reported, citing commercial satellite images obtained by researchers at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies in Monterey, California. According to experts, the number of new missiles for these silos could be much smaller.

Other than ICBMs, all ballistic missiles in China has mobile launcher and don't need silos.

These newly constructed silos could either host silo-based DF-41 or the upcoming new heavy ICBMs.

Like I have repeatedly called, China is now expanding our strategic nuclear arsenals very rapidly.
I am a bit disappointed. I thought Xi would build 8,888 silos. Because 8 is a lucky number.

I am a bit disappointed. I thought Xi would build 8,888 silos. Because 8 is a lucky number.
Don't listen to western media perhaps just a propaganda from the US military for their own justification to get more budget. Big part of US economy is based on military complex. That is why they need to bomb Middle Eastern countries to use up the old inventory. Warehouse congested.

waste of resources

better to build SSBN

its been 50 years and Chinese SSBN cannot even leave Souch China Sea

waste of resources

better to build SSBN

its been 50 years and Chinese SSBN cannot even leave Souch China Sea

For China, SSBN is a low priority if you know how to measure distance and read a world map.

When US State Department said it is very concerned of China nuclear warheads buildup, did they bother to look into the mirror and wonder why the oppoenent is doing it or what is their concern?

Such arrogance and lack of empathy is the reason why USA will only continue to decline.
USA cannot accepts the fact that it is no longer the sole superpower in the world today.

Today USA Administration talks about problem of human trafficking on the air and they only point their fingers at 3 countries: Russia, China and Myanmar.
We can only look at these bozos at the White House and wondered which planet they came from.
Much like the trolls in here. :coffee:

That is why a very confident President Xi in his 100 CPC centennial speech simply ignore USA and speaks of a very bright future ahead for the Chinese nation.

The energy, high spirit and patriotism shown at the rally impressed me.

The road to unification with Taiwan is inevitable and just a matter of time.
China seeks peaceful reunification but don't push it, that is what President Xi is saying.
There is no if or what?

Back
Top Bottom