What's new

At least 149 dead, dozens injured in Halloween stampede in Seoul, South Korea

At least 149 people were killed and between 65 to 150 more hurt in a stampede during Halloween festivities in the Itaewon district of Seoul, South Korea — the first outdoor, mask-free celebration of the holiday since the 2020 COVID pandemic, local media reported.

There were about 100,000 revelers out celebrating in the popular nightlife area, according to Yonhap News.

Officials warned the death toll could rise further, with 19 of the injured in serious condition.

Videos posted online showed people in fancy costumes being pushed through the narrow streets. Some appeared to climb walls on either side in an attempt to escape.

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/at-le...d-in-halloween-stampede-in-seoul-south-korea/
OMG, this is why I stick to small town and never follow the crowd, this is the worst kind of death!

RIP to all victims.

I have been very often to Singapore it is very westernized. The west is sexy. China will become soon westernized too. Chinese will run around like westernized zombies.

That is your wish, right?

Exactly it's such a dumb argument. It's a tragedy that could've occur anywhere with a large crowd. Eg; a concert, football tournament, festivals, or even a crowded shopping mall. Yet tryhard posters can somehow find a link and blame it on western culture. Surprise surprise, there are many other posters who liked and agree with such arguments.

The tragedy in PDF is that it's getting more and more stupid.

I wonder if those 150 killed would be acceptable if they were stampede in a Lunar New Year festival for those posters?

Stampede happened anytime, anywhere for anything, whether it was because some people toy craze or football fans goes wrong, this is poor management and poor crowd control.

This proved what beast said "poor mindset", which you later linked the Shanghai incident and implying the Chinese were the same, obviously we never have done such stupid things after the incident.

He was referring to the occurrence of the stampede when he was preaching about developing poor mindset, not the dancing when the ambulance was there.

Do u know what is called mass stampede?

Less than 100 death can't be called mass stampede. What a poor argument u have. Even in Europe and highly develop countries have stampede but never cross the 100 marks.

Plus in 2014, China still is a developing status of less than USD 12000 per Capita.

Try harder...

The education level of the citizens are important. East Asia usually are organized and spare more thought for others. When they know u can't cross the front anymore, they wouldn't keep pushing ahead and cause more damage.

Like u see the Indonesia soccer stampede recently, the people do not care, citizens not organized. Everybody just care for their own lives rush ahead at all cost. That is when tragedy started.

I wonder if those 150 killed would be acceptable if they were stampede in a Lunar New Year festival for those posters?

Stampede happened anytime, anywhere for anything, whether it was because some people toy craze or football fans goes wrong, this is poor management and poor crowd control.

Not our fault that the stampede occured. The fault lies with the authorities who should have managed the gathering. Your anger should be channeled towards South Korean authorities.

I have been very often to Singapore it is very westernized. The west is sexy. China will become soon westernized too. Chinese will run around like westernized zombies.

Less traditional East Asian does not necessarily mean "westernized". Some countries may try to ditch their traditions to create new ones (as Mao Zetung's China), but the new ones do not always mean "Western".

Not our fault that the stampede occured. The fault lies with the authorities who should have managed the gathering. Your anger should be channeled towards South Korean authorities.
I am not the one that said this happened because South Korea worship western culture.

As my third post said, this is about poor planning and poor crowd control. This event happened EVERY YEAR, this is the first time it happened. Which mean someone in the management slack off, this is not the first time they are on the block, they had walked this road before, didn't do things that should have done and did previously.

I am not the one that said this happened because South Korea worship western culture.

As my third post said, this is about poor planning and poor crowd control. This event happened EVERY YEAR, this is the first time it happened. Which mean someone in the management slack off, this is not the first time they are on the block, they had walked this road before, didn't do things that should have done and did previously.

You guys shouldn't feel offended and angry when people don't sympathize with a bunch of fools who broke the rules and became a victim of their own falacy.

You guys shouldn't feel offended and angry when people don't sympathize with a bunch of fools who broke the rules and became a victim of their own falacy.
Sure, then you guys shouldn't feel offended when there are literally no one care about brown death in similar sitaution.

Two can play this game you know.

What a stupid a$$ argument.

Sure, then you guys shouldn't feel offended when there are literally no one care about brown death in similar sitaution.

Two can play this game you know.
The brown are developing nation so you cannot compare to south Korea which such mass stampede and high casualty should not happen in first place.

The recent Indonesia soccer stampede can be understand. Biut I am really dumfounded how such thing can happened to SK who cliam to be a developed nation.

The brown are developing nation so you cannot compare to south Korea which such mass stampede and high casualty should not happen in first place.

The recent Indonesia soccer stampede can be understand. Biut I am really dumfounded how such thing can happened to SK who cliam to be a developed nation.
This happens because of negligent, either the party organiser neglect to inform the severity of the event, or neglect as a way to maintain security of the event, are you saying a developed country should not have negligent? my mistake, then the entire local court system should also be abolished too, because most of local and civil court case is about negligent.

This happens because of negligent, either the party organiser neglect to inform the severity of the event, or neglect as a way to maintain security of the event, are you saying a developed country should not have negligent? my mistake, then the entire local court system should also be abolished too, because most of local and civil court case is about negligent.
Developed nations supposed to be more efficient in everything. If not, how to be developed in the first place?

That include crowd management

Developed nations supposed to be more efficient in everything. If not, how to be developed in the first place?

That include crowd management
You are talking about crime, either the negligent level risen up to criminal level or not, it's still a crime, you WILL have crime whether or not your country is developed or not. Again, this is led from negligent. It could happen anytime, anywhere. Because somebody drop the ball when he shouldn't

Dude, you are talking like since a country is developed, they should have way to prevent negligent. Let me know when you can crack this code, if you had not been killed by ambulance chaser worldwide first....

You are talking about crime, either the negligent level risen up to criminal level or not, it's still a crime, you WILL have crime whether or not your country is developed or not. Again, this is led from negligent. It could happen anytime, anywhere. Because somebody drop the ball when he shouldn't

Dude, you are talking like since a country is developed, they should have way to prevent negligent. Let me know when you can crack this code, if you had not been killed by ambulance chaser worldwide first....
Crime happened, stampede happened. Rape also happen to every countries but it's the frequency and severity that differential a developed countries and developing nations.

I never say it cannot be occured in developed nation. As what u say , slacking and third world countries mentality of the management for SK to cause such mass death.

How do people not see the harm they are doing and stop causing the crush that has led to the loss of life??? It's not as if it was a panic crush, no this was an attempt to see a 'celebrity' for Christ sake. Utter madness. Complete and utter madness.

Back
Top Bottom