What's new

Astra’ carriage trials with Su-30 begins

Isn't spyder a SRSAM?
Actually we need something sort of Trishul or Maitri badly. We have Akash in that category.

I know,but as it takes time,we can surely change Astra as SRSAM role.

Isn't spyder a SRSAM?

Actually we need something sort of Trishul or Maitri badly. We have Akash in that category.

All bvr converted SAMs r short range, not bcoz they r minaturized but bcoz it represents their true range i.e. tail ranges of these missiles as head on launch is not possible here for obvious reasons.:)

80-100km range is for Astra MK2.

While Asrta Mk1 has a head on range of 44km.:)

Mark-II is stated to have 110 km head on range.

Does anybody have info on its initial navigation system and Data-Link ?

I know,but as it takes time,we can surely change Astra as SRSAM role.

It's initial tests were Ground to Air tests which was very successful. Extending its range should be relatively easy should we so desire.

I suspect that is the future.

Mark-II is stated to have 110 km head on range.

Does anybody have info on its initial navigation system and Data-Link ?

It's initial tests were Ground to Air tests which was very successful. Extending its range should be relatively easy should we so desire.

I suspect that is the future.

That 110 or 80km depends on the altitude at which it is launched, higher the altitude better the range.

110 km is its max range in head on mode at higher altitude.

Its definitely not some futuristic missile but will surely save us billions by fulfilling our present n near future requirements.:)

Its definitely not some futuristic missile but will surely save us billions by fulfilling our present n near future requirements.:)

I meant its roadmap for the future, not that the missile is futuristic.

any idea about the seeker?? i dont see much info anywhere...hope its not a rip off from the r-27s :)

Does anybody know if Astra Mark-I range of 44 km is in Head on mode or Tail chase Mode ?
Actually they are developing 3 versions.
1.version 90-110KM range(flight altitude upto 65000+ ft).
2.version with 44 km range(flight altitude 30000 ft).
3. Version with upto 30 km range(for sea level).
PS: I can't confirm whether they are developing all these vesions at the same time or not but most probably first 2 versions would be ready at a time.

All bvr converted SAMs r short range, not bcoz they r minaturized but bcoz it represents their true range i.e. tail ranges of these missiles as head on launch is not possible here for obvious reasons.:)

Gravity Climbing higher Drag is other obvious reason.

Actually they are developing 3 versions.
1.version 90-110KM range(flight altitude upto 65000+ ft).
2.version with 44 km range(flight altitude 30000 ft).
3. Version with upto 30 km range(for sea level).
PS: I can't confirm whether they are developing all these vesions at the same time or not but most probably first 2 versions would be ready at a time.

It may not be the version but performance at different level.

Self Deleted.
You should have read whole article. It says....
“One of its versions having 90 to 110 km range can cruise at an altitude of 15 km, another having a range of 44 km can destroy a target at an altitude up to 30,000 ft while the third one with a range of 30 km is capable of hitting the target at sea level altitude,” said a defence scientist."

Back
Top Bottom