What's new

Astra BVR to be Integrated with Tejas aircraft by year end

I have a feeling that Tejas is going to be a kick a$$ aircraft. So many goodies waiting for this baby. Spoiled brat !! :P

Sorry to shatter sweet dreams, but It is stupid to integrate a costly weapon, with a failed aircraft project.

+1 for your post count "Elite member" !! :no:

Some what delusional post.

WHy? You can hardly find any aircraft which play classical roles like interceptors, except 5th gen fighters like the F22 or FGFA/T-50.

Besides Tejas is also meant to be multirole.

DRDO should also integrate Astra Bvraam into MMRCA winner....This will reduce our weapon procurment cost for Rafale....

Doesn't make sense, since Meteor is far superior to Astra because of the Ramjet propulsion and the French fighters will use MICA IR and EM in BVR as well (that's why the integration to Mirage 2000 is just BS as explained in the LCA thread). Wasting money for the integration of Astra, without offering an operational advantage, is useless. The main aim of Astra is, to replace Russian R27 and R77 in IAF and IN, just like to replace Derby from LCA and N-LCA in the long run. The missile will still need a lot of tests and time to mature till it will be inducted in our forces.

^^^
I dont think that IAF will use meteor in near future. They gave large order of mica missile.

BTW I think Astra will work like a low end missile just like LCA will do its job.

WHy? You can hardly find any aircraft which play classical roles like interceptors, except 5th gen fighters like the F22 or FGFA/T-50.

Besides Tejas is also meant to be multirole.

How many F22's are there mere 185, why do USA modernizing F16's and F18's, The reason is money, you cannot deploy 300 odd su 30 mki's against 1000 or 2000 odd J10's,f-7's or other aircraft for defense, You need a home grown fighter which can be built at a quicker pace in times of war.

You cannot import 1000's of aircraft in times of war.

Tejas is a omni role aircraft to some extent but it is mainly for Indian air space defense (interceptor).

^^^
I dont think that IAF will use meteor in near future. They gave large order of mica missile.

BTW I think Astra will work like a low end missile just like LCA will do its job.

The Mica order is for Mirage 2000 and include IR and EM versions, but Meteor will be added only with Rafale anyway, so that will take time for sure and depends when Meteor will finally integrated into Rafale.

How come Indian news are allowed to disclose military secrets.... that too... before they even materialize?

Sorry to shatter sweet dreams, but It is stupid to integrate a costly weapon, with a failed aircraft project.

Thank you for telling us, it might be failed for you but not for us..... so now keep dreaming that is failed while we keep improving it.....

India is democracy , it cannot hide like and hype things which cant be in actual.

How come Indian news are allowed to disclose military secrets.... that too... before they even materialize?

We dnt need other countries permission for testing any weapon on aircraft's neither our weapons tested in China

Your aircraft made in China, tested in China, weapons from China but still its Pakistani (even all prototype in China) still they dnt induct it because not able to fulfill their requirement and Pakistan choose it as their prime fighter.

Back
Top Bottom