What's new

Assessment | JF-17 Thunder, a 21st century F-20 Tigershark ?

Is F-16 actually considered a light fighter at 18,900 pounds empty? :coffee: Mirage 2000 I think BARELY qualifies as a light fighter.

F-20, Mirage 2000, JF-17 all have relaxed stability design and fly by wire, which are improvements compared to their predecessors F-5, Mirage III, F-7.

Last edited:
Is F-16 actually considered a light fighter at 18,900 pounds empty? :coffee: Mirage 2000 I think BARELY qualifies as a light fighter.

F-20, Mirage 2000, JF-17 all have relaxed stability design and fly by wire, which are improvements compared to their predecessors F-5, Mirage III, F-7.
Does JF-17 have fly-by-wire controls? If yes, how many channel FBW system is it?

I have said it before, but it bears repeating that the real value of the JF-17 program is the expertise it will generate within Pakistan, if we play our cards right.
Look at this thread > JF-17's various initial design phases
Seems majority of the design, development and testing of FC-1 was done by the Chinese way before Pakistan joined the program.

Last edited:

Look at this thread > JF-17's various initial design phases
Seems majority of the design, development and testing of FC-1 was done by the Chinese way before Pakistan joined the program.

Yes, I have seen that thread. This model of technical co-operation between China and Pakistan is not new. Several teams work in parallel and this gives Pakistanis the opportunity to independently arrive at result which can then be checked against those obtained by Chinese teams. The transfer of know-how is pretty effective.

Yes, I have seen that thread. This model of technical co-operation between China and Pakistan is not new. Several teams work in parallel and this gives Pakistanis the opportunity to independently arrive at result which can then be checked against those obtained by Chinese teams. The transfer of know-how is pretty effective.
What was Pakistan's contribution to the project?

One very interesting thing I observed in the various photographs showing the various development stages of FC-1 was that among the people in the pictures, the Pakistani's were invariably the senior military types and the Chinese were the civilian scientist/engineer/technician type of people. Who are the Pakistani scientist/engineer/technician who worked on the project?

What was Pakistan's contribution to the project?

One very interesting thing I observed in the various photographs showing the various development stages of FC-1 was that among the people in the pictures, the Pakistani's were invariably the senior military types and the Chinese were the civilian scientist/engineer/technician type of people. Who are the Pakistani scientist/engineer/technician who worked on the project?

No specific names have been provided but clear indications of assistance and involvement in the development process are all there in the interviews of concerned personnel. Please look up interview and not repeat the arguments you repeat everywhere three thousand times if you cannot agree to it. Your disagreement will be noted and put on a post it note...but repetitive derailment or parroting will not be tolerated and action will be taken.

Interviews Thread | Page 5

No specific names have been provided but clear indications of assistance and involvement in the development process are all there in the interviews of concerned personnel. Please look up interview and not repeat the arguments you repeat everywhere three thousand times if you cannot agree to it. Your disagreement will be noted and put on a post it note...but repetitive derailment or parroting will not be tolerated and action will be taken.

Interviews Thread | Page 5
I went to the page you indicated, but couldn't find much information on JF-17 development process. Which interview I should be looking at?

I went to the page you indicated, but couldn't find much information on JF-17 development process. Which interview I should be looking at?

There should be an interview of JF-17 team.. youtube does not open here so link is not visible.

There should be an interview of JF-17 team.. youtube does not open here so link is not visible.
There is only one video on the page. Its an interview with a PAF officer. The officer just made one statement that Pakistan joined China to develop and manufacture the plane. This is more like a PR exercise for PAF than provide any specific information regarding the JF-17..

There is no point in comparing it with F-20. It flies and bombs terrorists, its good.
do you know what?
this is what a close associate of mine just told me while he was out in the filed banging the taliban. he said PAF F-16s and JF-17s were teaching the TTP a lesson.
I wasnt sure if JF-17 had entered the WoT and maybe he just used the name because its common in the discussion but he is veteran army major and I am sure he can make out the differences and specially when he has the PAF FOP guy with him who coordinates the air strikes.

Back
Top Bottom