What's new

Assembly Election Results 2013

Kejriwal and AAP should realise how BJP got 90% of Muslims votes in Rajasthan without
calling BatlaHouse encounter a Fake
Aap is different becoz of its clean n popularist approach but if they start doing like Diggy people of delhi wud throw them out in no time.... Bjp needs to expose Aap as well if they also indulge in appeasement. .....

Food Security bill , You was boasting about it few months back (the so called game changer for congress) ...

You think 'passing' the bill is enough? Let money hit the accounts of direct transfers and let fod reach thepeople. they've got six months.

While now Dr.Harshvardhan said that BJP dont have the number so he will not make a claim rather sit in opposition ...

There is a competition between BJP and AAP to sit in opposition...

BJP knows that if re-election happen which would be likely on May 2014 along with Parliament elections ... then BJP would gain a higher number of seat...

Another advantage is that in may 2014 elections AAP would be busy with election campaigning in Delhi for Assembly election ... so they would not have the time to concentrate on other potential seats across India...

Which would mean BJP would win against Congress without any other opposition in rest of India...

This is Clever tactics used by BJP... at the same time AAP would be seen as a Spoiler party and would be dismissed by the people of Delhi in both Assembly and Parliament ...

It can not get better than this for AAP. Re-election will definitely work in favor of BJP & Congress!

Has anyone seen this man speaking to any tv channel today ? :D

amo1.jpg

Last edited:
Clever strategy by BJP to sit in opposition. They must not be tempted to form a government by breaking either Congress or, AAP. They should make sure that AAP does not form a govt. also. Just by keeping the elected MLAs from AAP out of job for a prolonged time and added rhetoric of the less numbers BJP won in election will ensure their victory in next assembly election. The momentum which AAP has got this time is sure to subside over a period of time if they are portrayed as spoilers who are always opposing.

I had predicted the very same thing a couple of months back when BJP was delaying the CM candidate and the idiot Vijay Goel was portraying himself as CM candidate that BJP may fall short of majority. Having seen firsthand the disarray in the ranks and file of BJP cadets over the leader was very unfortunate. BJP in a way has done better than I and many local BJP leaders had imagined. I had given them 28-30 setas and they have surpassed that. Modi seems to be giving them the extra 2-3 seats ( 10% more seats .. something Modi-fans can be proud of :) )

Lets hope sense prevails and Nitin Gadkari for once gets rid of his "baniya" mentality and sees the bigger picture. They have been out of power for 15 years. Why not make it 15 years 6 months and come back with majority. AAP has taken 2-3% of core BJP vote base. BJP should let AAP take centrestage for next 6 months and enjoy the limelight and quietly work on the streets to regain that 2% of own vote and if possible 1-2 % of AAP's vote ( ex. Congress-BSP vote ). Even if they get another 1% , they will cross 36 easily.

Its 49 seats -1 from 2008

We must understand the psyche of tribal voters. BJP started doubting its chances when the whole Congress leadership was wiped out by maoists ( Some allege Jogi is behind that attack ). The lower strata of society and particularly people from tribal belt are more prone to vote for sympathy. And Congress has done remarkably in those areas this time. But They did not win enough in non-tribal areas and thats why even though they are behind BJP in Chattisgarh by less than 1-2% of absolute votes, they fell behind BJP by almost 10 seats. Next few months must be used by RSS and BJP to gain those lost areas and am sure BJP will do much better in Chattisgarh in General elections...

Last edited:
Well, any analysis is subjective. Why do u say its not Modi wave? You talking only for Delhi. What bout Chhatisgarh where BJP was sure to loose until Modi arrived on that land and exit polls turned around. One example that was.

Regarding MP and Raj, i wont take credit from Shivraj and Vasundhara but there too Modi effect was seen. Even congress is shocked with the amount of seats they lost in MP and Raj has only coz of Modi and exit polls post Modi rallys show that. I hope u followed Exit polls every time it was out.

Regarding Delhi, it was completely AAP effect. And i believe that now since people has got a third stable option they will again vote for AAP in loksabha too. But not this time as Modi is the most favorite and tried and tested. Do remember this time election is for governance and at national level it wont be like a state election and even AAP knows this.

Do follow Delhi trend. There are some seats which BJP won being the minority dominated ones. How will you explain this? They cud have voted for AAP but they voted for BJP only coz of Modi. Today, minorities care bout governance more than secularism and its what we saw in Modi rallys where a good amount of faction was muslims.

Let me put it in terminology we can both agree upon.

Final 'purchase' happens after- Awareness, Interest, Considertaion, Desire & Action

A and I happens through mass media. All the high decibel campaign and PR work of BJP atomatically leads to A & I.

C- for BJP and Congress is automatic in delhi- in mot cases people will consider Congress or BJP being the two biggest rivals with history of ruling. In addition to that AAP enterted consideration because of the extensive protests they led on Lokpal.

So 'Modi wave' is ultimately an exceptional factor that delivers Desire and Action beyond 'consideration' level. In Delhi, close to 30 seats, people who reached 'consideration' for the three top players- desire and action actually went to AAP. So where is the modi effect? The rest of the t constituency, there was clear anti-incumbency and anti congress sentiment. Arguably that itself was enough to get he BJP the 30 they got- with or without modi. So where is the wave? BJP didn't need him to get those, they'd have come to BJP anyway.

The analogy you gave also illustrates this. If AAP doesn't stand for elections, arguably BJP will get those votes -that's your point right? Means in the absence of the top choice, they go for second choice, ie Modi has not made BJP the top choice at all. And then there is a question- if AAP don't stand for elections, what's the chance of congress not getting those shares? The CHOSE AAP. Didn't say who is their second choice.

You think about it what's happened in chattisgarh, the brand remains no. but with lower markershare . That's why that 5 seat loss is important. And modi wave has not been able to stop that erosion. Looks like the organic erosion of the CM in his third term (which is also good for him)

Let me put it in terminology we can both agree upon.

Final 'purchase' happens after- Awareness, Interest, Considertaion, Desire & Action

A and I happens through mass media. All the high decibel campaign and PR work of BJP atomatically leads to A & I.

Why exclude Congress with 'Nahi rukegi dilli' by Shiela, 'Bharat Nirman' in Chhatisgarh, MP and Rajasthan. :)
C- for BJP and Congress is automatic in delhi- in mot cases people will consider Congress or BJP being the two biggest rivals with history of ruling. In addition to that AAP enterted consideration because of the extensive protests they led on Lokpal.
Yes they did, which makes them a tough competitor for both Congress and BJP. Rite?
So 'Modi wave' is ultimately an exceptional factor that delivers Desire and Action beyond 'consideration' level. In Delhi, close to 30 seats, people who reached 'consideration' for the three top players- desire and action actually went to AAP. So where is the modi effect? The rest of the t constituency, there was clear anti-incumbency and anti congress sentiment. Arguably that itself was enough to get he BJP the 30 they got- with or without modi. So where is the wave? BJP didn't need him to get those, they'd have come to BJP anyway.
You very simply talked bout all the factors and ignored Modi effect. Lemme illustrate the fact that even tough AAP was a good option as an alternative for both BJP and Congress, then why only congress suffered? Only anti incumbancy factor wont be enough to explain things. BJP was never powerful in Delhi recently and if AAP was to impress voters to this extent, it shud have been a complete victor defeating both Cong and BJP. Also when AAP went on sweeping the delhi seats, it not only ate up the Cong voter's lead but also BJP's. In other words BJP won 30 seats and in those seats there were voters who went to AAP too. Hence, BJP won even against the force of 2 strong parties. So, you see these 30 seats are not obvious and natural coz even after having AAP, BJP improved its tally as compared to last election. Now to prove that AAP ate more BJP votes than Congress as compared to 2008, see at 3.28 min.

Said that, Delhi public has this attitude of never taking BJP seriously in Delhi due to not so good leadership comparatively. You can confirm this with Delhittes. Still if BJP wins it has to be the Modi factor and definitely not Harshwardhan factor.
The analogy you gave also illustrates this. If AAP doesn't stand for elections, arguably BJP will get those votes -that's your point right? Means in the absence of the top choice, they go for second choice, ie Modi has not made BJP the top choice at all. And then there is a question- if AAP don't stand for elections, what's the chance of congress not getting those shares? The CHOSE AAP. Didn't say who is their second choice.

Well, as you said i repeated it in above section too. I repeat, BJP is never the natural chice for Delhi people. Thats been the trend for some good years. Congress lost not because it was obvious. They lost coz AAP was an equal alternative for Congress. Trust me, if AAP wasnt there, Delhi people wud have voted Congress again against BJP (considering no Modi).

Means, Their option today is AAP(for anticorruption which is the biggest factor), Congress(For development and governance of Shiela), BJP(No good reason). But if BJP ends up the largest party in Delhi its only coz of Modi factor.

Can you give me a good reason on ground why a Delhi voter shud go for BJP if without Modi?
You think about it what's happened in chattisgarh, the brand remains no. but with lower markershare . That's why that 5 seat loss is important. And modi wave has not been able to stop that erosion. Looks like the organic erosion of the CM in his third term (which is also good for him)
By the way its only loss of 1 seat and if that really makes a difference, then i wont argue on that. :)
I only want to bring ur focus to exit polls pre and post modi rallys. This shud be obvious for any person to see if a transitional difference occur due to an event, it shud mean that the event has some weightage. :)

| Video | Narendra Modi's rallies have helped us in polls, says Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh | Assembly Elections 2013 Videos | - India Today

Bottomline is, In all the 4 states, BJP as per its credability cud have earned particular number of seats irrespective of winning or losing but with the NaMo wave push, BJP swept MP, Raj much more to the expectations of both BJP and Congress. Ever thought Why? Congress was winning Chhatisgarh but post Modi rally it became 50-50 and today BJP ended in same seat count as that of 2008. Ever thought Why?

No one is saying Modi wave won the elections. Its just Modi wave confirmed the umpteen nails in coffin of Congress. Modi wave gave BJP the necessary push needed for becoming the largest party in their respective states.

Do watch this and comment.

Last edited:
Clever strategy by BJP to sit in opposition. They must not be tempted to form a government by breaking either Congress or, AAP. They should make sure that AAP does not form a govt. also. Just by keeping the elected MLAs from AAP out of job for a prolonged time and added rhetoric of the less numbers BJP won in election will ensure their victory in next assembly election. The momentum which AAP has got this time is sure to subside over a period of time if they are portrayed as spoilers who are always opposing.

I had predicted the very same thing a couple of months back when BJP was delaying the CM candidate and the idiot Vijay Goel was portraying himself as CM candidate that BJP may fall short of majority. Having seen firsthand the disarray in the ranks and file of BJP cadets over the leader was very unfortunate. BJP in a way has done better than I and many local BJP leaders had imagined. I had given them 28-30 setas and they have surpassed that. Modi seems to be giving them the extra 2-3 seats ( 10% more seats .. something Modi-fans can be proud of :) )

Lets hope sense prevails and Nitin Gadkari for once gets rid of his "baniya" mentality and sees the bigger picture. They have been out of power for 15 years. Why not make it 15 years 6 months and come back with majority. AAP has taken 2-3% of core BJP vote base. BJP should let AAP take centrestage for next 6 months and enjoy the limelight and quietly work on the streets to regain that 2% of own vote and if possible 1-2 % of AAP's vote ( ex. Congress-BSP vote ). Even if they get another 1% , they will cross 36 easily.

Look at post#315 I predicted the same strategy of BJP

BJP wants to tie up AAP in and around Delhi , for which what better then not allowing them to be the main opposition of BJP in the state and Keep them busy in Delhi...

AAP know that its main opponent is BJP not Congress... They want BJP to break into some AAP MLA's and later accuse the BJP of being similar to Congress...

AAP is good opponent but no match for BJP... If they cant expand out of Delhi with in next 5 years then they would continue to be the regional party of Delhi for ever...

Lets see which side Blinks first... My money on BJP...

We must understand the psyche of tribal voters. BJP started doubting its chances when the whole Congress leadership was wiped out by maoists ( Some allege Jogi is behind that attack ). The lower strata of society and particularly people from tribal belt are more prone to vote for sympathy. And Congress has done remarkably in those areas this time. But They did not win enough in non-tribal areas and thats why even though they are behind BJP in Chattisgarh by less than 1-2% of absolute votes, they fell behind BJP by almost 10 seats. Next few months must be used by RSS and BJP to gain those lost areas and am sure BJP will do much better in Chattisgarh in General elections...

Precisely... Its also a Worrying part that Tribals and Poor are unpredictable ... they Select Caste, Free-Bee and sympathy type politics above Development ...

Last time around BJP won allmost all of Bastar seats infact Bastar region was the main reason why BJP came to power... But this time around BJP lost all of it to Congress ... while regained the lost ground from Congress...

So both BJP and Congress Dented each others Bastions...

You very simply talked bout all the factors and ignored Modi effect. Lemme illustrate the fact that even tough AAP was a good option as an alternative for both BJP and Congress, then why only congress suffered? Only anti incumbancy factor wont be enough to explain things. BJP was never powerful in Delhi recently and if AAP was to impress voters to this extent, it shud have been a complete victor defeating both Cong and BJP. Also when AAP went on sweeping the delhi seats, it not only ate up the Cong voter's lead but also BJP's. In other words BJP won 30 seats and in those seats there were voters who went to AAP too. Hence, BJP won even against the force of 2 strong parties. So, you see these 30 seats are not obvious and natural coz even after having AAP, BJP improved its tally as compared to last election.
Said that, Delhi public has this attitude of never taking BJP seriously in Delhi due to not so good leadership comparatively. You can confirm this with Delhittes. Still if BJP wins it has to be the Modi factor and definitely not Harshwardhan factor.

Correct I have to add something more... BJP is a Carder based Party , Congress has Hired Guns But AAP doent have any full time carders ... BJP and Congress both has a Strong Students Union while AAP doenst...

Another thing is that in most AAP won seats people have not even heard about who is the candidate ... People just Voted Blindly that They are against Old type Politics so vote for them...

A Party without Good Carder base would turn out to be one time or two time blossom which would soon wither away...

The Main reason for Shiela winning the election for 3 time is her Give away's like by regularizing Illegal Colony etc ... but for AAP once Joke Pal is passed they cant perform any other wonder ...

So if they have to remain in Power they would have to use the regular tactics of give away's to people which is illegal and minority appeasement ... if that happens whats the difference between other parties and them...

and another thing Last time BJP's voting % was 35% this time around its 33% ... so actually BJP % didnt increase it won because of Old carders and party Loyalist which remained with the party ...

which AAP or Congress can never dent those votes... even if another party lead himself by Anna Hazare is formed...

So my conclusion is that AAP has done Maximum damage that could have done if any... they cant erode BJP any further... But BJP can erode AAP...

6d8g.jpg

Unprecedented hammering. Wonder what caused it?:undecided:
You seriously wonder? Dont tell us that you dint see this coming? If its so then you need to understand Indian politics well before simply supporting some random party. Not getting personal but I have seen All Congress supporters are people with least knowledge of politics. All BJP supporters are staunch. Extrimist word will be a little overboard.

Infact, I am shocked how did Congress get 8 seats when they were to get only 6, 7 as per pre poll analysis.

It can not get better than this for AAP. Re-election will definitely work in favor of BJP & Congress!

Has anyone seen this man speaking to any tv channel today ? :D

amo1.jpg
Re election will infact get better for AAP coz lot of voters who didnt vote AAP, just coz of its disambiguity to lead in its debut, will gain confidence now. There were 5 seats which were won with a difference of 300-800 votes. We will see AAP winning these taking their tally to possible 33-34 seats or more enabling them for a clear majority.

On the other side, Re-election will let voters go more against congress in order to make their vote count seeing the situation of congress, which mite leave congress to 1-2 seats. These seats will definitely go to BJP as congress voters will not vote for AAP.

Last edited:
You seriously wonder? Dont tell us that you dint see this coming? If its so then you need to understand Indian politics well before simply supporting some random party. Not getting personal but I have seen All Congress supporters are people with least knowledge of politics. All BJP supporters are staunch. Extrimist word will be a little overboard.

Infact, I am shocked how did Congress get 8 seats when they were to get only 6, 7 as per pre poll analysis.

My friend.. there are more than 50 posts of mine in this thread. It should give you an idea about how conversant I'm with what's happening in India, politics wise. Quoted post of mine should be taken with a pinch of sarcasm... reason being, I have heard quite a few analysts claiming there is no Modi wave... & I think Modi is a major factor in this drubbing of Congress.

Re election will infact get better for AAP coz lot of voters who didnt vote AAP, just coz of its disambiguity to lead in its debut, will gain confidence now. There were 5 seats which were won with a difference of 300-800 votes. We will see AAP winning these taking their tally to possible 33-34 seats or more enabling them for a clear majority.

On the other side, Re-election will let voters go more against congress in order to make their vote count seeing the situation of congress, which mite leave congress to 1-2 seats. These seats will definitely go to BJP as congress voters will not vote for AAP.

I'm not really sure about that. AAP is on a honeymoon period... & reality will strike once the dust settles. Now that congress was made to realize where they stand in Delhi... this will give them enough time & resource to make difference in coming elections, should there be any. As far as BJP is concerned, they never expected AAP to make such inroads. Re-election will give them an opportunity to undo the wrongs happened today. Afterall BJP & Congress are the seasoned political parties & they will not repeat the same mistake again...

Last edited:
My friend.. there are more than 50 posts of mine in this thread. It should give you an idea about how conversant I'm with what's happening in India, politics wise. Quoted post of mine should be taken with a pinch of sarcasm... reason being, I have heard quite a few analysts claiming there is no Modi wave... & I think Modi is a major factor in this drubbing of Congress.
Sorry for ignoring the sarcasm. i never followed u much so maybe my bad.
:)

I'm not really sure about that. AAP is on a honeymoon period... & reality will strike once the dust settles. Now that congress was made to realize where they stand in Delhi... this will give them enough time & resource to make different in coming elections, should there be any. As far as BJP is concerned, they never expected AAP is to make such inroads. Re-election will give them an opportunity to undo the wrongs happened today. Afterall BJP & Congress are the seasoned political parties & they will not repeat the same mistake again...

But how will u explain AAP will do some goofup and Congress and BJP will do wonders turnaround in just 5,6 months? Before deciding on that lets get to the facts of why AAP came into where it is today. Its not a random honeymoon. is it? We need to understand what happened in this Delhi election has never happened before. This shud be a hint enough to understand the dawn of revolution in Indian polity has arrived. ie. we cant take things for granted as per old style of politics. AAP is brought powerful by people for some mandate and they will be in hearts of the people till they dont get a chance to execute their manifesto. Suppose, they fail in that, then may u say that its tym for BJP or Congress to come back after retrospection.

Bottomline is, no matter what Cong or BJP do in next 6 months, AAP will be in heart of Delhittes till they are tried and tested. And the way AAP defeated big shots of Congress and BJP which seemed impossible, its time we acknowledge them and their leader.

BJP must not form the govt in Delhi for sure, else these AAP will dont allow us to work as a govt and try to dissolve it when ever the opportunity arises...

yes ur correct, i dont know the ground reality of there, i just correct the wrong fig on that post thats all

Sorry for ignoring the sarcasm. i never followed u much so maybe my bad.
:)

But how will u explain AAP will do some goofup and Congress and BJP will do wonders turnaround in just 5,6 months? Before deciding on that lets get to the facts of why AAP came into where it is today. Its not a random honeymoon. is it? We need to understand what happened in this Delhi election has never happened before. This shud be a hint enough to understand the dawn of revolution in Indian polity has arrived. ie. we cant take things for granted as per old style of politics. AAP is brought powerful by people for some mandate and they will be in hearts of the people till they dont get a chance to execute their manifesto. Suppose, they fail in that, then may u say that its tym for BJP or Congress to come back after retrospection.

Bottomline is, no matter what Cong or BJP do in next 6 months, AAP will be in heart of Delhittes till they are tried and tested. And the way AAP defeated big shots of Congress and BJP which seemed impossible, its time we acknowledge them and their leader.

Agreed 100%..... Aap will be giving tough fight in any case to bjp in delhi reelection. ..... These results wud boost Aap chances in relection too...... secondlt people are tired of seeing high profile netas of both parties so Aap win is significant in sense to make pepople realize a common man can also have participation in politics.......
Plz dont underestimate Aap as both parties did.......... it wid b a suicidal for aap if dey deviate from clean n common man politics......

Back
Top Bottom