What's new

Assad regime buys oil from Daesh: Germany

Assad allowed IS to take land from FSA in the beginning, thinking they all will keep fighting each other, turned out IS was much stronger. Even now Russia bombs FSA and other rebels, no one is really targeting IS expect from French air strikes. Hopefully UK would officially join today.

Assad allowed IS to take land from FSA in the beginning, thinking they all will keep fighting each other, turned out IS was much stronger. Even now Russia bombs FSA and other rebels, no one is really targeting IS expect from French air strikes. Hopefully UK would officially join today.

Yep..Isis is being ignored too much and the American moderate rebels have been questionable. The Syrian army is engaging the rebels FSA while the Russian are only there to protect Assad and that means dealing with his imminent threat which is FSA that has him on the corner. I was hopeful that russia would provide the much needed hammer against Isis in Syria but they have been disappointing so far. Very intact.

While Isis have made sirte in Libya their stronghold and are slowly entering Yemen. That four countries where their presence is rising. They are being ignored a lot and the last hope is that France with EU will bomb these rats. I will cheer for all those that target Isis.

US and Uk employing secret commando forces was also very good news.

Yep..Isis is being ignored too much and the American moderate rebels have been questionable. The Syrian army is engaging the rebels FSA while the Russian are only there to protect Assad and that means dealing with his imminent threat which is FSA that has him on the corner. I was hopeful that russia would provide the much needed hammer against Isis in Syria but they have been disappointing so far. Very intact.

While Isis have made sirte in Libya their stronghold and are slowly entering Yemen. That four countries where their presence is rising. They are being ignored a lot and the last hope is that France with EU will bomb these rats. I will cheer for all those that target Isis.

US and Uk employing secret commando forces was also very good news.

IS has grown stronger, they lose one town, they gain two more. They are not rag tag group like Taliban, IS in Iraq is made up of Saddam's Army, His Generals are running IS. They have huge experience in battles, from fighting Iran to USA, they are the ones that need to be tracked and taken down. Baghdadi is nothing but a low life criminal and a figure head. Take this scum bag out.

al-Douri_2566657b.jpg

Last edited:
IS has grown stronger, they lose one town, they gain two more. They are not rag tag group like Taliban, IS in Iraq is amde up of Saddam's Army, His Generals are running IS. They have huge experience in battles, from fighting Iran to USA, they are the ones that need to be tracked and taken down. Baghdadi is nothing but a low life criminal and a figure head. Take this scum bag out.

al-Douri_2566657b.jpg

That fact that they have been able to scare trained forces of Iraq and have been able to create influence in four countries as well as Afghanistan is proof that they are not a group to be underestimated..m their magazine dabiq is professional which shows that their ad campaign is being run by experienced men as well as their social strength. They are experienced and strong and have been able to create strength in a short amount of time that shows how dangerous they are...

Killing Baghdad I won't end this ofcourse. His various generals and commanders and the entire ideology needs to be wiped out and for that the world needs to unite against them.

If ISIS didnt eneter to Syria and not attacked opposition from back most likely Assad regime would had been toplled by at the end of 2013 or early moths of 2014.....
fghtings between Assad regime and ISIS was a collusion war...also fighting between iraq and ISIS is a collusion war as well....IMaliki had ordered governors and generals to abonden and hand over ISIS Sunni cities..

.Last year an investigation committee of iraqi national assembly had openned a file about negligences of government on invation of ISIS..The committee revealed that it was prime minister Nouri Maliki ordered secretly army and governors to abandon the Sunni cities for ISIS without any fighting and resistance.......

indeed, ISIS stabbed and broke the back of Sunni Arabs in both Syria and iraq...The most benefit from ISIS are Assad regime, Iraq and Iran...all Sunni groups fighting againist Assad regime have been reflected as terrorists to world due to ISIS and they have been turned to legitimate targets to be destroyed for every power involved in Syria civil war.....

Like I said before, its easy to point fingers to someone and to accuse one of buying oil from Daesh. But in reallity almost everyone buys oil from these guys. Even the Belgian Import of oil from Iraq and Syria has rissen with 22% since Daesh took control of those oil fields. If this "dirty" oil can get to Belgium, why wouldnt it get to The Netherlands etc ?

U.S. Says Syria Is Buying Oil From Islamic State
U.S. Treasury Department blacklists Syrian businessman for facilitating transactions

Updated Nov. 25, 2015 2:47 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration accused Syria’s government of purchasing oil from Islamic State and blacklisted a Syrian-Russian businessman suspected of facilitating those transactions.

The U.S. Treasury Department also penalized Russian and Cypriot businessmen and companies suspected of helping the Syrian central bank evade international sanctions through a web of companies based in Russia, Cyprus and Belize.

Among those blacklisted is Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, a former president of the autonomous Russian Republic of Kalmykia. Mr. Ilyumzhinov is a long-serving president of the World Chess Federation, according to the Treasury Department.

The Treasury’s actions bar U.S. nationals from doing business with the designated entities and freeze any assets they hold in the U.S. financial system.

U.S. officials have long voiced concerns that the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was strengthening Islamic State’s finances by purchasing oil produced by the militant group on territory that used to be controlled by Damascus. However, Wednesday’s charges are the most explicit and direct accusations by the U.S., and the first time sanctions have been imposed over the regime’s oil trade.

The Treasury Department’s sanctions procedures resemble law-enforcement investigations, in that officials release findings as they compile evidence.

However, the timing of the charges against the Assad regime of buying oil from Islamic State extremists gives U.S. policy makers and allied diplomats new leverage to use against Russia as the West pressures Moscow to distance itself from Damascus. French President François Hollande was due to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Thursday to discuss recent terror attacks targeting both countries.

On Wednesday, the Treasury accused a Syrian-born businessman, George Haswani, who his a dual Syrian-Russian citizen, of using his firm, HESCO Engineering and Construction Co., for facilitating oil trades between the Assad regime and Islamic State.

The European Union blacklisted Mr. Haswani in March. Mr. Haswani has appealed the EU move. He couldn’t be reached to comment, and his lawyer didn’t return a request to comment.

The U.S. imposed sanctions on Syria’s central bank over a decade ago for its alleged involvement in money laundering. Adib Mayaleh, the governor of Syria’s central bank, was sanctioned in 2012 for allegedly using his job to move funds out of the country.

The Treasury on Wednesday accused Mr. Ilyumzhinov of working closely with the Assad regime’s business associates in Syria and Russia to help the Syrian central bank avoid sanctions. This included the use of Moscow’s Russian Financial Alliance Bank, of which he is a major shareholder.

“Kirsan Ilyumzhinov was designated today for materially assisting and acting for or on behalf of the Government of Syria, Central Bank of Syria” and two central bank officials, the Treasury statement said.

Mr. Ilyumzhinov couldn’t be reached through the Russian Financial Alliance Bank on Wednesday.

An aide to Mr. Ilyumzhinov at the World Chess Federation, reached in Rome, declined to comment.

The Treasury also imposed sanctions on three Cyprus-based companies and a Belizean firm for allegedly assisting the Syrian government in money laundering activities.

“The United States will continue targeting the finances of those enabling Assad to continue inflicting violence on the Syrian people,” the Treasury Department’s acting undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, Adam Szubin, said Wednesday.

U.S. Says Syria Is Buying Oil From Islamic State - WSJ

Im sure this is just western propaganda against AA(Angel Assad).

@Joe Shearer

What you say Joe,could this be true,and if so,who would be supporting ISIS,be it indirectly?

Makes perfect sense.

I buy oil from the same goons who commit mass murders of my soldiers, burn my allies' pilots alive, shell my positions, raise up people in revolt against me.....how else does one reward friends and well-wishers?

Does the US think we are all totally dumb? Also deaf and blind?

Maybe Assad is buying oil from whoever is willing to supply. But this puts him in a seriously awkward position of financing the very organization he is supposed to be fighting.

Don't you see? This is very subtle agitprop. The Americans are making our thoughts go in the direction of multiple strands of opposition to the Assad regime, and some of it being double-agent opposition; opposition that pretends to be opposition, but actually undermines those who are really trying to bring down the regime.

U don't think too much. With the speed woth which u are going I am sure ur brain is already half dead. Putting extra pressure on it is just going to make it worse.

That's unnecessarily rude and uncivil.

Makes perfect sense.

I buy oil from the same goons who commit mass murders of my soldiers, burn my allies' pilots alive, shell my positions, raise up people in revolt against me.....how else does one reward friends and well-wishers?

I think you are confusing some statements here,Joe.
The revolts were started by others,the rise of ISIS is caused by Assads and Maliki's doings,dont you think?
You sacrifise some for the cause(whatever that might be).
Who knows what makes sense in the ME?
We have many threads on Syria,how many of the statements do actually make any sense?
Lets say the US is biased,what about Germany,until now,it didnt bother getting in the game of making statements about Assad?
You could say that Germany is a pawn of the US but we both know that those days are over.
At least we have something to think about.

Makes perfect sense.

Don't you see? This is very subtle agitprop. The Americans are making our thoughts go in the direction of multiple strands of opposition to the Assad regime, and some of it being double-agent opposition; opposition that pretends to be opposition, but actually undermines those who are really trying to bring down the regime.

That's unnecessarily rude and uncivil.
Says someone who sits here and defends a mass murder and his click

Says someone who sits here and defends a mass murder and his click

You poor fool.

I'm on the other side, and have had to pay for it. On PDF. Do your homework next time.

It's clique, btw, not click. Don't use complicated words.

I think you are confusing some statements here,Joe.
The revolts were started by others,the rise of ISIS is caused by Assads and Maliki's doings,dont you think?
You sacrifise some for the cause(whatever that might be).
Who knows what makes sense in the ME?
We have many threads on Syria,how many of the statements do actually make any sense?
Lets say the US is biased,what about Germany,until now,it didnt bother getting in the game of making statements about Assad?
You could say that Germany is a pawn of the US but we both know that those days are over.
At least we have something to think about.

OK, the revolts were started by others. That does seem to reflect reality, from all published accounts.

ISIS' rise was originally nothing to do with Syria. This was the discontented Sunni majority rising against the Shia minority in power in Iraq. Their areas occupied match the Sunni areas pretty well. There are numerous accounts of senior military personnel misguiding or betraying the Iraqi government forces to the ISIS, an act leading directly to the loss of territory to ISIS.

Please also take the Syrian uprising into account as a rising against the Alawi. There was something in common on both sides of the conflict.

I am reminded of T. E. Lawrence (one of the original villains, however much I loved him as a military analyst) making a deft but comprehensive analysis of the land in those precise areas.

You poor fool.

I'm on the other side, and have had to pay for it. On PDF. Do your homework next time.

It's clique, btw, not click. Don't use complicated words.
Poor fool for what.

And why are u getting so worked up over what I call that troll.

Have u seen him spamming threat after threat with his garbage posts.

And do my homework for what.
And pardon me for screwing up on clique and click. U got the point right. Fair enough.

OK calm down.

I am not, and have never been, a Modi supporter. I have always opposed the Sangh Parivar.

Consider the rest unsaid.

Not sure....i think people see the incident as Government had done what it have to do...not some bravery.

If he is so brave, why didn't he engage Israel when they murdered 9 of our citizens in Mavi Marmara incident ?

OMG, you are the typical albanian moron. Maybe Erdogan did knew that it was a trap/scheme of Iranian hizbollah to Lure Turkey into WAR with Israel? Thanks god he has some brain instead of brain dead alevis like yourself.

Only a dumb albo like you constantly emberassing himself on the net. Please stop it! LOL

Please do not disturb the azzpain of chinese, Indian, russian trolls/fanboys anymore. I like them so much, so hilarious when they drawn in their own HATRED. LOLZ

hey chinese, Indian and russian fanboyz/gurlz..

@ptldM3 @senheiser @Beast @TaiShang @jamahir @ultron @Hypersonicmissiles @Politico @GURU DUTT

48548412.jpg

:lol::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom