What's new

ASK UR QUESTION ABOUT TUNISIAN ARMY ( these time )

Mootaz-khelifi

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
these topic is semple as u know just ask any question about the armed forces of Tunisia

I'll ask about Air Force if you don't mind regarding Army almost everything is US in origin.

What is the rational behind buying 12 Mirage-2000-5 each at $35M+...

I'll ask about Air Force if you don't mind regarding Army almost everything is US in origin.

What is the rational behind buying 12 Mirage-2000-5 each at $35M+...

there rumors that the TAF will by F16 Block 40 but not confirmed and some say Saab JAS 39 Gripen

my question is that after getting independence has tunisian army fought any war?

my question is that after getting independence has tunisian army fought any war?
yes one war or battle
in 1961
Tunisian forces surrounded and blockaded the naval base in hopes of forcing France to abandon its last holdings in the country. After Tunisia warned France against any violations of Tunisian airspace, the French defiantly sent a helicopter. Tunisian troops responded by firing warning shots. In response to the blockade, 800 French paratroopers were sent in. As the paratroopers landed on the airfield, Tunisian troops sprayed them with machine gun fire. In response, French jets armed with rockets, and 105mm howitzers blasted the Tunisian roadblocks, destroying them. French tanks and armored cars then rolled into Tunisian territory, and fired into the town of Menzel-Bourguiba, killing 27 soldiers and civilians.
The following day, the French launched a full-scale invasion of the town of Bizerte. The Tunisians' few artillery posts were destroyed by rockets fired by French planes. Tanks and paratroopers penetrated into the city from the south, while marines stormed the harbor from landing craft. Three French cruisers were positioned offshore. Tunisian soldiers, paramilitaries[1], and hastily organised civilian volunteers engaged the French in heavy street fighting, but were forced back by vastly superior French forces. The French overran the town on July 23, 1961.
The French military finally abandoned Bizerte on 15 October 1963, after the conclusion of the Algerian War.

would be nice if u could provide us with some basic details about Tunisian Army like which tanks, howitzers, SAMs, Attack heli, Missiles, transport vehicles, army strength, etc. Along with some pics, would be appreciated....:D

Where is Tunasia ?? I mean geographically
tnafrica.gif

How does Tunisians view the Indian people or India as a whole ??
BTW sorry for being offtopic broda.......

how is Tunisia's situation in respect of Libiya conflict?

I mean do u guys face any refugee problem or Tunisia army is helping Libiya in restructuring as a Muslim brotherly nation???:what:

Back
Top Bottom