What's new

Asian Champions Trophy 2021: India beat Pakistan in 7-goal thriller to clinch bronze medal in Dhaka

Apart from cricket, almost alll sports in India is dominated by Punjabis and semi-punjabis (haryanis)
They won't like this discription
Although I agree with it
But will need to research Thier clan names to understand thier punjabiyat

I feel they're more Punjabi then Hindustani because in Multan there is a big population of Haryanvis (inzamam was Haryanvi for ex)

Last edited:
Was India playing for bronze? Really? Quite low standards considering the performance in Olympics and just found out we lost to Japan. I understand Indian team is now radically different from one in Tokyo, but still even India A team is supposed to be better than Japan.

Well played to Pakistan.
Vegitarians beat meat eaters is not sufticient for you abdul bhai
I checked out the Indian roster, how come the Indian hockey team is absolutely dominated by Punjabis?
Administrators are mostly punjabis . Punjab have hockey clubs they encourage girls and boys both to play hockey .

Apart from cricket, almost alll sports in India is dominated by Punjabis and semi-punjabis (haryanis)

Incorrect statement for football, Archery, long distance running, badminton, tennis (both ypes), weight lifting, gymnastics, chess, race car driving, squash, Swiming, Billiards, Mountaneering, Judo etc.!!

Incorrect. Football is dominated by NE, Bengalis, Goans, Keralites, Archery from Eastern region, Badminton from Andhra, Motor sports and Tennis from TN (mostly) or Chennai connections, athletics from Odisha, TN and RoI.
Only Wrestling and Hockey have more Punjabi and haryanvi sportsperson. Even in weight lifting it's the Malleswari, Chanu or Satish etc have been RoI.

As our cricket team is completely dominanted by Punjabis and Pushtoons.
Except Dhani, every player is either Punjabi or Pushtoon.

I wonder why Sindhis and Balochs are not interested in Cricket?
In our context it makes sense considering that Punjabi and Pashtuns comprise nearly 70% of our population. Punjabis in India however only comprise a meagre 2% yet dominate India's military, sports, entertainment and various other sections of society.

Excellent performance from our team really good to see them progressing.We are just steps away from getting there ..
🇵🇰🏑:yahoo:

In our context it makes sense considering that Punjabi and Pashtuns comprise nearly 70% of our population. Punjabis in India however only comprise a meagre 2% yet dominate India's military, sports, entertainment and various other sections of society.
They dominate in some sections, not everywhere. They do not dominate in the education sector and in the top government jobs.

Back
Top Bottom