What's new

Aselsan Leopard-II Upgrade

Thanks for sharing it Bro.

Leopard 2A4 upgrade is a program that Domestic Altay MBT's FCS and armour technologies would be tested so Similar Electronics, FCS and armours would be used on Altay MBT program as well...

Besides, The upgraded tanks are called like Leopard 2NG (Next Generation) in this video...

Thanks for sharing it Bro.

Leopard 2A4 upgrade is a program that Domestic Altay MBT's FCS and armour technologies would be tested so Similar Electronics, FCS and armours would be used on Altay MBT program as well...

Besides, The upgraded tanks are called like Leopard 2NG (Next Generation) in this video...

The Add - on Armour we can see in the Video, is it developed by Tubitak - Roketsan ?

The Add - on Armour we can see in the Video, is it developed by Tubitak - Roketsan ?

Most probably, The Armours would be the same that Tubitak-Roketsan are developing for Altay MBT's at present...

Last edited:
"Far beyond the Leopard 2A6 level" they got carried away a bit.

Is the L/55 gun installed on this build or do we still keep the L/44 ?

"Far beyond the Leopard 2A6 level" they got carried away a bit.

Well seeing as the main difference between a Leopard2A4 and a A6 is the the add on wedge armor,composition improvement of armor and the L/55 gun. (With some independent sight channels) It is quite possible this would be a upgrade to the build. The Germans are already getting ready to roll out their A7 model.

Many nations operate upgraded and optimized versions of the A6. So it is well possible this could be the same. As far as it being far beyond maybe not but it certainly could be ahead of a stock A6 build if they installed the L/55 gun.

Last edited:
Well seeing as the main difference between a Leopard2A4 and a A6 is the the add on wedge armor,composition improvement of armor and the L/55 gun.
+ electric turret drive, new commander's sight with integrated thermal, GPS based navigation system, rear camera for driver. Basically Aseslan's modernization brings A4 to A6 level. I guess main purpose is to use it as test bed for Altay FCS.

+ electric turret drive, new commander's sight with integrated thermal, GPS based navigation system, rear camera for driver. Basically Aseslan's modernization brings A4 to A6 level. I guess main purpose is to use it as test bed for Altay FCS.

Pretty much. A improved version of this FCS will most likely be integrated into the Altay along with all the tech transfer of the black panther.

Roketsan, Huseyin Baysak stated that;

The Conceptual Design of Altay Moduler Armors have been finished and "First Development Trials" have been performed in BKM test area (Turkey Ballistic Protection Center).

After development of Altay Armors finished, Roketsan will deliver all rights of those armors to SSM(Undersecretarat of Defence Industry). The countries that wants to purchase those armours would have to take permission from SSM.

I guess its similar system:

5155198253_492f6d118c_z.jpg

Is the L/55 gun installed on this build or do we still keep the L/44 ?

I think still it has L/44 gun !! But if we change the gun with L/55 it will be 2A6 ...

Back
Top Bottom