What's new

Arundhati says Cong is double-faced on Maoists

If that is provided then i see no harm in taking the mineral rich lands for the good of the nation after giving a equal compensation to them(Tribals).

Of course what you are proposing is absolutely true, the mineral wealth should be used for the progress of our nation, but that fruits of that progress should be reached to tribal people and forest dwellers of those regions. Government should not employ similar economic policies all over India, capitalism is good only in urban places where people are trained to be competent and know how to live and cherish the fruits of it. But in tribal areas capitalism only helps in filling the pockets of greedy business people and till now development hasn't reached to grass roots levels.

What a pathetic level of intellect exhibited by the Indian members here, thats why Arundhati Roy is listened to the world over and not idiots like you all.

All she has said is that the demands of freedom are genuine and not adhering to them are giving way to violence.

What a pathetic level of intellect exhibited by the Indian members here, thats why Arundhati Roy is listened to the world over and not idiots like you all.

All she has said is that the demands of freedom are genuine and not adhering to them are giving way to violence.

Maybe Indian members are over reacting( emotional ) owing to death of Paramilitary forces and train accident. But I would rather you not resort to name calling! Being an admin and all these..

I didn expect this from an Admin..:tdown:

Y dont u show ur intellect to those killed by those terrorists by derailing trains,blowing up schools,civilan buses.

How wuld u feel wen a fool supports TTP in a public forum in Pakistan..?

What the fudge!!!

If miss roy is so well heard she should stand for election in any of the moaist hit state and then talk.

All the maoist hit states voted more than 60 to 70 percent in recent elections.

Miss roy does not represent the electoral but she only represents maoist scums.

I never thought i would be agreeing with you.

think you are a moron.

You don't fight with the state with the gun even though the state is wrong.

You fight with the state on principles and through protests, boycotts, debates, legislation, elections etc.

:lol: I suppose you think that the Tribals protesting against Government acquisition of land is something new. It has been going on for many years and because of the refusal of the Government to listen, having exhausted all avenues of protest, it has grown violent.

Lets not mince words here, the only reasons why the Naxals have support is because of people like you and me and the government. We live a bubble, only care about what happens in cities, and not about the systematic corruption and exploitation in the countryside. We as a society have failed them. So if you want to blame someone for the naxal problem, don't blame leftist intellectuals, look into the mirror and blame yourself.

Post reported....

Just joking.:D

Asim I agree with they protesting against giving their lands to corporate houses..but taking up arms is not the way..while AR luads maoists why she is mum against them killing innocent by them..do you think its hypocracy from her part?..what did that innocents who travelled in that train ever done to maoists??Remember GOI only actively thinking about deploying of Army only after the death of those innocents in the train..In India we have seen many corporate houses withdraw from the projects because of the protests from farmers and landowners..they never took any arms or blown any train..still they achive what they wanted..there are lots of innocent tribalmen killed and women raped by this maoists..she didnt even said anything about it..why is that??I genuinely doubt her intention is for a public stunt rather than sympathy for traibals..

Lets not mince words here, the only reasons why the Naxals have support is because of people like you and me and the government. We live a bubble, only care about what happens in cities, and not about the systematic corruption and exploitation in the countryside. We as a society have failed them. So if you want to blame someone for the naxal problem, don't blame leftist intellectuals, look into the mirror and blame yourself.

:agree: Yep! I can readily imagine how one becomes a Naxal. fOr the Triblals, its the only home and its the only thing on Earth which they can relate to . But Violence is horrendously escalating and am not able to agree to do that..

You my friend is the one having a pathetic level of intellect..so no need to go personal.. If she supports terrorism she deserves all the Abuse..

If TTP attacks your family and then someone start supporting TTP what would you do ?
So..Mind your language when your opening your big mouth :hitwall:

What moronic comments some of you make. You can't seem to counter her points and hence engage in attacking her. Sad really. Are you people 10? Or did you learn your debating skills in the BJP school of stupidity?

About what she said, one may not agree with her, but one supports her right to say it. It is important in a democracy.

PS - The article by humblehobbes was enlightening, far better than that hackjob by IBN.

I was expecting u sooner or later to come and support ur fellow jhola-walla.

BTW wer were u wen 35 civilians were blown to bits by the "protectors of the common man" or 150 ppl were snuffed out like candles by these liberators..? :angry::angry:

Everything has a limit and this hippie is crossing her limits of free speech.

As Bang galore pointed out did not she renounce her Indian citizenship after the nuclear tests....so wats itching her now..?

I happen to agree with this. Anyone who doesn't want to sell their land to corporate houses is being termed a Naxal. If they protest, they are shot. What is going on in the countryside is quite despicable. People like those protesting Operation Greenhunt are required in these times.

The forests are not the tribals private properties...they r national resources and as such should be exploited for the good of the nation
after providing an adequate compensation for the land lost and jobs in the industries that are created..

As i said if everybody had thought "my land..i ll not give" hw come the National highways,power projects,Dams etc could have come up..?

The rest about State capitalism of the Maoists as opposed to Corporate capitalism of the government is ludicrous. Yes Bauxite is there and yes it needs to be mined, (Unlike what Arundhati Roy seems to be saying) but only for the benefit of the people of this country, especially the Tribals, and not some foreign corporation like the government seems to be planning.

Do u have inside information abt the deal b/n the govt and the entity.?Hw come u passed a judgement on it..?
Do u see how TATA have developed Jamshedpur as an oasis in the middle of poverty,violence.
U dont give a chance to the govt/corporates to undertake any projects by unleashing terrorism and then justify it by using the tribals.
Pathetic.:tdown::tdown:

And i the Maoists are so pro-poor why dont they stand in election ,win (as everybody supports them) and them make a difference instead of running like mad dogs biting all people..?

I never thought i would be agreeing with you.

:lol: I suppose you think that the Tribals protesting against Government acquisition of land is something new. It has been going on for many years and because of the refusal of the Government to listen, having exhausted all avenues of protest, it has grown violent.

Why should blame myself ....

If the government has failed then change the government.... I do that when I vote.

By the way I do not live in any city. Broadband has reached in rural parts of many states in India.

You do not take gun and start killing people because of corruption and injustice .

There are no intellectuals on left they are plain emotional exploiters for the benefit of their own political ambitions. Take any country cuba, china, north korea, erstwhile ussr

When people get too caught up in a line of thought some amount of rationality is lost. This has happened to Mrs Arundhati Roy. She has made some untenable comments in support of Naxalism. But we need people like her. It is always necessary to be cognizant of a different viewpoint.

One cannot support killing of innocents and there is no need to romanticise revolutions of the Naxalite kind. I had attended a lecture by noted contemporary historian Ramachangra Guha. He had specifically said that these Naxalites are not people to be sympathised with. 'They are thugs' he said. At the same time he criticised the governments.

Can we deny the systematic abuses the tribals endured? It can happen that one gets convinced that armed revolution is the only way to make his/her voice heard. Of course most of such revolutions degenerate and Naxalism is no exception.

Through Naxalism we people --- the better off in cities --- are made more aware of this systematic exploitation of the tribals, and proper direction will ensure that such is not allowed to continue.

Naxalism must be crushed and the causes of this armed uprising must be made a distant and bad dream.

Last edited:
Asim I agree with they protesting against giving their lands to corporate houses..but taking up arms is not the way..while AR luads maoists why she is mum against them killing innocent by them..

She is not exactly mum sieko.
“I don't defend the killing of innocent people by anybody.
I think the quote is self explanatory. Even her article, "walking with the comrades" was critical of Naxal execution squads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom