What's new

Arundhati Roy blasts anti-corruption 'saint' Anna Hazare

I am not really liking the attitude of many Indians here, we live in a democracy where we have the right to free speech, Just because she disagrees with us does not mean we tell her to leave the country. We are beginning to sound over nationalistic, a mistake that has already ruined many countries around us. Please look at matters in a sane and non-emotional manner, comment on the issue and what she is saying and not focus on bashing her and telling her to leave, you have no right to do that

Regards'

DM

OK Let me put the words in rightly way. We were not over nationalistic but simultaneously we are not emotional fools as well to u'stand one simple thing that current political system has a mistake and this is due to "Corruption". Jan LokPal or any other Bill may or may not rectify everything in a day. But then what are the options we have??? Say we topple this govt then what next Lalu/Amar or BJP to make govt, who are again corrupt.

Now on main topic, Arundhati Roy carries a big banner of being a "Negation" of everything. Freedom of speech is there and disagreement is agreement but is she always have to negate what 95% ppl of this country think and believe?

[/COLOR]This woman supports only Anti India movements, not pro India movements. She feels left out , now that Anna has stolen all the limelight. A true goddess of bigots !

You must be a very famous Indian Comedian !!!

She is not against him speaking but what he is proposing, Anna needs to come out more clear about his proposed solution, Indians have a tendency to blindly support anyone without actually researching on what the man stands for. I appreciate his work but the way he is handling it is very immature.

DM, Did you even try to read Janlokpal Bill draft? Your first qn was to give too much of power to Lokpal. Yes the draft gives that. You can write a complain in single piece of paper and send it to Supreme court and SC has to finish the complain against lokpal with in 3 months. Isn't this power to people?

Do you know any process where I can complain against PM, Chief justice, MPs etc? I will complain to CBI/CVC and they have to give them show cause notice to the culprit. Am I kidding? No this is current process.

You probably haven't read her books on politics or her musings in magazines in their entirety.She is no ideologue,That's for certain.Mrs Roy attributes Maoists as "Gandhians with guns" and in the same breath concedes that writers and intellectuals like herself would be the first ones to be hanged if they ever succeed in their creation of dystopia.Her first and only work of fiction is a scathing critique of left groups in Kerala.Were she an ardent follower of any particular ideology,she wouldn't have boxed herself in with countless self-contradictions rather than sticking within ideological lines.She's more of a "lost it" than a Leftist.

I have read her & it probably depends on the definition of an idealogue but I would probably go with your definition of her as a "lost it" person.:)

By supporting the Lokpal bill, the Indians are acting the Indian government & system as a whole (Judiciary, Legislation). The Lokpal bill will render the Indian government & system powerless, void. The corruption & the power will become more concentrated, & will go to the Lokpal.

Absolutely Power will go to Lokpal and Lokpal is responsible for Indian public as I can make a complaint against him as well.

DM, Did you even try to read Janlokpal Bill draft? Your first qn was to give too much of power to Lokpal. Yes the draft gives that. You can write a complain in single piece of paper and send it to Supreme court and SC has to finish the complain against lokpal with in 3 months. Isn't this power to people?

That actually sounds more like a recipe for madness. The Supreme court has a zillion things to do without being burdened by frivolous petitions.

Absolutely Power will go to Lokpal and Lokpal is responsible for Indian public as I can make a complaint against him as well.

No, the Lokpal is not accountable to the Indian public. It is not accountable to anyone. Therein lies the problem. Where there is no accountability lies excessive corruption.

arundhoti is feeling left out . who listens to her anyways ? Except pakistanis , bagladeshis , maoists and kashmiri separatists ?All inconsequential to India .

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

No, the Lokpal is not accountable to the Indian public. It is not accountable to anyone. Therein lies the problem. Where there is no accountability lies excessive corruption.

You have no idea about the lokpal bill do you ?

Lokpal corruption cases will go to lokpal body and other members will conduct a transparent investigation which will have to finish within a few months stipulated time .

Even if there is a problem with jan lokpal it can be corrected but it is a thousand times better than the governments' jokepal bill. Till the time ou don't read both the drafts please don't make your ignorant comments .

Read post#63, for the same.

HAHA! She is right. Chances are with Lokpal in place there will be more corruption in India. What I mean is more people will just want a piece of the pie. Jeez self-less leaders are almost extinct in this day and age.

Lokpal will be an indipendent body like supreme court and election commission in india and both the SC and EC have done a fantastic job in India till now for the most part . There is no reason why the Lokpal would not .

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

HAHA! She is right. Chances are with Lokpal in place there will be more corruption in India. What I mean is more people will just want a piece of the pie. Jeez self-less leaders are almost extinct in this day and age.

HaHa . you are wrong. Please tell me how lokpal will increase corruption in India ? Explain .

Lokpal corruption cases will go to lokpal body

Problem #1. That is the job of the Judiciary.

and other members will conduct a transparent investigation which will have to finish within a few months stipulated time.

What guarantee is there that the other members aren't corrupt? What's the guarantee that there will be timely justice? What if it does not eradicate corruption, what will India do then?

Lokpal will be an indipendent body like supreme court and election commission in india and both the SC and EC have done a fantastic job in India till now for the most part . There is no reason why the Lokpal would not .

You don't even know the extent of the workings of the Lokpal. It is much much more than what you think it is. The Lokpal would oversee the PM, Judiciary, members of Parliament, everyone. Besides its own prisons, it would have the power of investigation, surveillance & prosecution. It is not simply a panel that oversees the current system, it is much more.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

HaHa . you are wrong. Please tell me how lokpal will increase corruption in India ? Explain .

When the people themselves elect corrupted officials into power how can you expect them to elect non-corrupt officials within the ranks of Lokpal? Like I said more people will just want a piece of the pie.

It will concentrate the corruption into the hands of the Lakpal, who will have 0 accountability to anyone. Even with the current regime's corruption, it is accountable to the Judiciary. Hence, with 0 accountability, corruption is likely to increase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom