What's new

Arundhati Roy blasts anti-corruption 'saint' Anna Hazare

What's happening in India isn't really different to what happened in Tunisia or Egypt.

Yes i got shot dead today in the ramlila maidan when the army opened fire and i was bombed by Sukhoi 30s
Uncle Sam has said he is coming to restore democracy here....

I am writing this from my grave which has high speed internet connectivity for india is a IT nation.

Yes i got shot dead today in the ramlila maidan when the army opened fire and i was bombed by Sukhoi 30s
Uncle Sam has said he is coming to restore democracy here....

I am writing this from my grave which has high speed internet connectivity for india is a IT nation.

That was a good one...lol

What's happening in India isn't really different to what happened in Tunisia or Egypt.

It is very different infact there are no similarities, Indians are against corruption as a whole not against the government or a dictator.

^^ Lol @ Divya

I remember Arundhati Roy defending the Narmada protests by saying :

"I believe that the people of the Narmada valley have the constitutional right to protest peacefully against what they consider an unjust and unfair judgement."

Same goes for Anna and the people of India who are protesting now.

So why is she barking ? Total hypocrisy !

^^ Lol @ Divya

"I believe that the people of the Narmada valley have the constitutional right to protest peacefully against what they consider an unjust and unfair judgement."

She is not against him speaking but what he is proposing, Anna needs to come out more clear about his proposed solution, Indians have a tendency to blindly support anyone without actually researching on what the man stands for. I appreciate his work but the way he is handling it is very immature.

What happening in Pakistan is worse than in Iraq or Somalia. Be happy. :lol:

No, you didn't understand what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to be condescending. The Tunisia uprisings triggered the whole "Arab Springs/revolution". The Tunisia uprisings were a result of the high unemployment, food inflation, corruption & poor living conditions for most Tunisians. While India has done well overall, certain rich people have benefited far more than than the regular citizens of India, & Indians are tired of the high corruption, inflation, unemployment rates & poor living conditions (for most Indians) as well. What Hazare is suggesting is coming up with the Lokpal, that will be "stronger" (have the powers of investigation, surveillance & prosecution) than the government, the judiciary, the members of parliament; each & everything. It shall be accountable to no one. Meaning that corruption will only 'change hands' (not be eliminated), & will essentially go into the hands of the Lokpal. Essentially, the Lokpal will make the current Indian system & the regime impotent.

^^ Lol @ Divya

she is just a attention w.... who would have cared if she would have said that she supports it. no one even would be discussing it. hardly a news. in desperate attempt to be popular she is just out that one day she will be chased out of India.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

No, you didn't understand what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to be condescending. The Tunisia uprisings triggered the whole ""Arab Springs/revolution". The Tunisia uprisings were a result of the high unemployment, food inflation, corruption & poor living conditions for most Tunisians. While India has done well overall, certain rich people have benefited far more than than the regular citizens of India, & Indians are tired of the high corruption, inflation, unemployment rates & poor living conditions (for most Indians) as well. What Hazare is suggesting is coming up with the Lokpal, that will be "stronger" (have the powers of investigation, surveillance & prosecution) than the government, the judiciary, the members of parliament; each & everything. It shall be accountable to no one. Meaning that corruption will only 'change hands' (not be eliminated), & will essentially go into the hands of the Lokpal.

not exactly there will be checks on lokpal from the side of judiciary and government if i am not wroing. its just he will not be accountable for its actions to the government and judiciary. the power status would be as of the CJ of India.

It is very different infact there are no similarities, Indians are against corruption as a whole not against the government or a dictator.

By supporting the Lokpal bill, the Indians are acting the Indian government & system as a whole (Judiciary, Legislation). The Lokpal bill will render the Indian government & system powerless, void. The corruption & the power will become more concentrated, & will go to the Lokpal.

Tunisia death toll : 300

Egypt death toll: 846

India : zero

no you have no idea there are mass graves inside ramlila maidan. i am also there. indian media is not reporting these human rights violations. congress is threatning indian massess that they have a nuclear bomb

any thing good happening in india is sure to make this galai ki kutiya angry :P

By supporting the Lokpal bill, the Indians are acting the Indian government & system as a whole (Judiciary, Legislation). The Lokpal bill will render the Indian government & system powerless, void. The corruption & the power will become more concentrated, & will go to the Lokpal.

Did you even cared to read what i just said. the lokpal is not an entity which is not at all accountable for its actions. but it will provide the powers where the cases against the government can be investigated.

No power police had to bow down to these ministers and follow their orders they will be independent of the politicians.

She is neither naive or misguided, she is from the loony left brigade who are worried silly that this middle class movement would only press for less governmental role in the lives of people and more liberalisation & reforms. The loony left (or the Jholawallah's of JNU & company) like to believe that only they can protest & that only their causes are just. they just can't stand the idea that so many people came out by themselves for a cause that they didn't think up first.

You probably haven't read her books on politics or her musings in magazines in their entirety.She is no ideologue,That's for certain.Mrs Roy attributes Maoists as "Gandhians with guns" and in the same breath concedes that writers and intellectuals like herself would be the first ones to be hanged if they ever succeed in their creation of dystopia.Her first and only work of fiction is a scathing critique of left groups in Kerala.Were she an ardent follower of any particular ideology,she wouldn't have boxed herself in with countless self-contradictions rather than sticking within ideological lines.She's more of a "lost it" than a Leftist.

Did you even cared to read what i just said. the lokpal is not an entity which is not at all accountable for its actions. but it will provide the powers where the cases against the government can be investigated.

No power police had to bow down to these ministers and follow their orders they will be independent of the politicians.

Some people here think corruption is a money related thing. More than the money, it is the excessive & 'unaccounted' power that leads to corruption. It was because of the lack of accountability & excessive authority that the current regime delving into excessive corruption. Right now in India, the current government is accountable, but the accountability has been marred by the corruption of the Judiciary, Legislature, PM: everyone. The current Indian system needs to be strengthened, so that the current government is accountable for every action.

With the actions of Hazare, even though the Judiciary, Legislature, PM; everyone will accountable to the Lokpal, they will get undue, excessive power with no accountability, & will indulge into more corruption than the current regime. There will be no accountability for the Lokpal. Where there is no accountability, there is excessive corruption.

any thing good happening in india is sure to make this galai ki kutiya angry :P

Yeah , true.

This has been her mantra :-

Narmada Dam project : I will protest. Motive :No development needed

Maoists attacks : I will protest. Motive: Let Naxals carry on their slaughter

Kashmir : I will poke my nose. Motive: Kashmir was never integral part of India.

Anna fast : I will protest. Motive : Anna's methods are unconstitutional.

Few questions to her :

How to effectively tackle scamsters like Raja , Maran , Chavan , Kalmadi etc. when -

- Govt passes on files from one dept to another and defers decision for arrest till the accused get ample time to tamper / destroy evidence. And that too the pressure for arrest comes from media / civil society ?

- Rubbish CVC & CAG reports and accuse it of over-reach everytime it accuses the govt of irregularities ?

- Keep CBI under its thumb and use to its advantage ?

- Keep CVC and CAG are toothless entities with no power to prosecute , lodge FIR / carry out actions based on its reports / investigations

- Pass the govt Lokpal bill which has powers to appoint the very persons who would be investigating against it ? Going by any common sense , would it remain impartial and non-corrupt ?

Tell me , Ms. Roy , how to tackle it ? If you dont have the answers , just STFU and stick to writing books - God of Small Brains ! :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom