What's new

Article: "Buddhist tourism in Pakistan: The Buddha’s gift to the world"

Sarmad Ishfaq

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AOA brothers and sisters. ALHUMDULILAH I have just published an article about Pakistan's rich Buddhist history in one of the top Buddhist magazines in the world.

This piece is quite close to my heart as it shares how much Buddhist history and heritage there is in Pakistan. I wanted it to be featured by a Buddhist magazine so people of the faith and others worldwide would understand the significance of Pakistan vis-a-vis Buddhism. The article has beautiful images of Pakistan as well as details about Buddhist artifacts and sights in the country. I hope someone abroad gets motivated and travels to Pakistan because of all this rich heritage. And I hope you share this article as much as it helps the nation's narrative. I also want to thank Buddha Weekly for publishing this. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

Here is the link. Hope you like it and share.

https://buddhaweekly.com/buddhist-t...-20-picture-tour-of-important-buddhist-sites/

AOA brothers and sisters. ALHUMDULILAH I have just published an article about Pakistan's rich Buddhist history in one of the top Buddhist magazines in the world.

This piece is quite close to my heart as it shares how much Buddhist history and heritage there is in Pakistan. I wanted it to be featured by a Buddhist magazine so people of the faith and others worldwide would understand the significance of Pakistan vis-a-vis Buddhism. The article has beautiful images of Pakistan as well as details about Buddhist artifacts and sights in the country. I hope someone abroad gets motivated and travels to Pakistan because of all this rich heritage. And I hope you share this article as much as it helps the nation's narrative. I also want to thank Buddha Weekly for publishing this. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

https://buddhaweekly.com/buddhist-t...-20-picture-tour-of-important-buddhist-sites/

Hi,

Thank you very much for the article---.

Please post some pictures here as well---.

Pictures get a better response---.

Bodidharma, the man responsible for spread of Buddhism in China, was a Northern Pakistani:

bodhidharma3.gif

Bodidharma, the man responsible for spread of Buddhism in China, was a Northern Pakistani:

bodhidharma3.gif
interesting!

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Buddhism footprints in our areas of western Punjab are still quite visible, for example we have "malangs" who do crazy kind of "dhamals" at sufi shrines wearing very sophisticated attires. My theory is that this is left over of our ancient "Buddhist" ancestors "meditation dances" that got integrated with Sufi shrine dhamals in Punjab, have a look at it, it screams ancient local Buddhist meditation routines

Last edited:
Buddha-Weekly-Mathal-Buddha-Rock-Buddhism.jpg
Buddha-Weekly-Amluk-Dara-Stupa-Buddhism.jpg
Buddha-Weekly-1024px-Meditating_Budha_at_Taxila_Museum_Pakistan-Buddhism.jpg
Buddha-Weekly-Dharmarajika_stupaTaxila-Buddhism.jpg
Buddha-Weekly-Buddha-Taxila-Museum-Pakistan-Buddhism.jpg
Hi,

Thank you very much for the article---.

Please post some pictures here as well---.

Pictures get a better response---.
These are only a few of the pictures. The rest can be found on the article itself. I would also suggest to you to search "Jehanabad Buddha" in Swat, KPK. Beautiful places and amazing heritage.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are only a few of the pictures. The rest can be found on the article itself. I would also suggest to you to search "Jehanabad Buddha" in Swat, KPK. Beautiful places and amazing heritage.

Please delete the, and then post full image

I totally support the restoration and maintenance of the Buddhist historical sites in Pakistan and development of the related infrastructure (roads, hotels etc) to promote the Buddhist tourism

Last edited:
I didnt know there is such a thing!

But that is awesome!
haha neither did I. The top two magazines are Tricycle and Lions Roar but they never replied to me when I submitted the article. The editor of this magazine did very quickly however! I am grateful!

Good stuff for original work I give you positive rating

haha neither did I. The top two magazines are Tricycle and Lions Roar but they never replied to me when I submitted the article. The editor of this magazine did very quickly however! I am grateful!

Brother You Should Have This Translated In Japanese Korean Thai and Sinhalese.They Will Be Quite Happy To Pay Top Dollar To Come Here

Back
Top Bottom