What's new

Arshad Mehmood: Hanged, then buried by crowds of well-wishers

Are you aware that "funeral prayer" is actually a call for God to forgive him and admit him in the paradise? What exactly is so normal here, as most of you are portraying then?

And I am quite sure that most of the villagers, hooked up on "opiate of the masses" as they are know what I just wrote, so they are asking for his pardon from God.

People don't really think that deeply about these things; the way I see it the crowd is probably divided into three:

(i) people who just go with the herd and do things mechanically

(ii) people who genuinely think that the accursed terrorist was innocent or worse was in the right

(iii) people who think that whatever his crime even asking for his forgiveness is the right thing to do

I'd be hard pressed to deny that there aren't all 3 types of people within the crowd and the society at large.

Denying that there is a deep rooted issue of different "extremism" within Pakistani society is only burying our heads within the ground. There are people with "good" extremism and bad extremism, some are closet extremists. So when I say again and again that essentially a majority of Pakistanis have the potential to turn against each other due to extremists religious/race/political ideals.. I shat not.

Oscar jee most likely these people are either his extended family or from his own village. Its a cultural thing to attend the funeral in villages it is treated as an insult to a baradari/ family if someone misses it. Plus in any case who cares about funeral if proper punishment is awarded after a fair trial?

no strings attached to dead corp , we cant undone the thing he have done , nor we are animals like Taliban that we chop off his head and play football , an proper burial according to his faith is right of every human ...

Oscar jee most likely these people are either his extended family or from his own village. Its a cultural thing to attend the funeral in villages it is treated as an insult to a baradari/ family if someone misses it. Plus in any case who cares about funeral if proper punishment is awarded after a fair trial?
Not exactly, whilst there is a culture to do so. There is also a good deal of anti-musharraf sentiment within the population, hence even if it was an al-qaeda militant who would normally execute these people if they were of a different sect, they would still support him because the anti-Musharraf stance exists.

Its traditional for Muslims especially those who live in tight knit rural communities to attend namaz e janazas. The man committed a crime, he has been punished for it. If anything, everyone who attended the funeral today will know that if you commit the same criminal actions that this man did, then you will end up hanging off a rope like him as well.
You're absolutely right. He belongs to their village and people attend funerals. Who knows his family had good relations and attended other people's funerals so they are repaying it. Calling them his well wishers and supporters is a very poor attempt at trying to portray people of Pakistan support these people's sick ideologies.

People don't really think that deeply about these things; the way I see it the crowd is probably divided into three:

(i) people who just go with the herd and do things mechanically

(ii) people who genuinely think that the accursed terrorist was innocent or worse was in the right

(iii) people who think that whatever his crime even asking for his forgiveness is the right thing to do

I'd be hard pressed to deny that there aren't all 3 types of people within the crowd and the society at large.

What you'd be hard pressed to deny or confirm Bhatta; are the relative percentages of i,ii and iii .

What you'd be hard pressed to deny or confirm Bhatta; are the relative percentages of i,ii and iii .

I'd reckon the first would form the bulk, the third would be the next big chunk while (ii) would be a sizeable minority !

Oh bhai as I mentioned in another thread. Majority of funeral attendants do not look like Kahuta locals, who can be easily distinguished from central Punjabis. Most of these attendants look like Punjabis from Lahore etc rather than the natives, who look a lot like hindkowans. I bet most of these attendants came from rawalpindi city, where a lot of Punjabis have settled. The SSP in Rawalpindi is central Punjabi dominated and have been involved in writing graffiti over local barelvi and shiite mosques.

A lot of these SSP people were imported by Taji Khokhar(a Punjabi) to do his gangster work. And since we Potohari people are subject to our central Punjabi overlords(PML-N), we can't do anything at all. And since I belong to Potohar, I know for a fact that most people literally hate Taliban and sectarianism. We are predominantly Barelvi, deep into Pir/Gaddi culture. In a village in Chakwal(Dhurnal), there is a 50% Ahmadi population yet not a single hate attack on them. Although central Punjabi hate organizations have made recent expansion in Chakwal with support from PML-N. A native, Ayaz Amir, talked about it in his column.

Oh bhai as I mentioned in another thread. Majority of funeral attendants do not look like Kahuta locals, who can be easily distinguished from central Punjabis. Most of these attendants look like Punjabis from Lahore etc rather than the natives, who look a lot like hindkowans. I bet most of these attendants came from rawalpindi city, where a lot of Punjabis have settled. The SSP in Rawalpindi is central Punjabi dominated and have been involved in writing graffiti over local barelvi and shiite mosques.

A lot of these SSP people were imported by Taji Khokhar(a Punjabi) to do his gangster work. And since we Potohari people are subject to our central Punjabi overlords(PML-N), we can't do anything at all. And since I belong to Potohar, I know for a fact that most people literally hate Taliban and sectarianism. We are predominantly Barelvi, deep into Pir/Gaddi culture. In a village in Chakwal(Dhurnal), there is a 50% Ahmadi population yet not a single hate attack on them. Although central Punjabi hate organizations have made recent expansion in Chakwal with support from PML-N. A native, Ayaz Amir, talked about it in his column.
@ghoul sorry for being off topic but can you tell me who is person at your display picture.

Are you aware that "funeral prayer" is actually a call for God to forgive him and admit him in the paradise? What exactly is so normal here, as most of you are portraying then?

And I am quite sure that most of the villagers, hooked up on "opiate of the masses" they know what I just wrote, so they are asking for his pardon from God of a terrorists involved in killing innocents. Why exactly are my countrymen, hell bent on shutting their eyes and pretending everything's alright when its clearly not?

Again its culture in our part of the world to attend funeral. Plus the more famous someone is (for what ever reason) more people will turn out for him. There is no other reason.

Who was posting about people attending some kashmiri militant's funeral?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom