What's new

Army withdrawal from Malakand approved by KP govt

This people (TTP) are armed with Machine Guns, heavy and light anti Air craft Guns from 12,7mm to 14,5mm, RPG-7 Rocket lauchers, Grenades etc. if they give up their arms than they can get a chance !

Peace deals are made with hafiz gul bahadur of north waziristan and they were not asked to lay down their arms, they have same heavy weapons. So why TTP would lay down their arms when every militant group and tribal lashkar is armed with such weapons. First you have to de-weaponize FATA, then your demand from TTP of laying down arms would make sense.

Peace deals are made with hafiz gul bahadur of north waziristan and they were not asked to lay down their arms, they have same heavy weapons. So why TTP would lay down their arms when every militant group and tribal lashkar is armed with such weapons. First you have to de-weaponize FATA, then your demand from TTP of laying down arms would make sense.

Hafiz Gul Bahadur is not anti-Pakistan and was/is in alliance with the group of Mullah Nazir, the same man who the Baitullah Mehsud so wanted to kill. Hafiz Gul Bahadur agreed to expel Uzbeks from his land, and he did so, his intentions are clear, never have been proven to be fighting against the Army. Never had a problem with deployment of Troops in North Waziristan. Very much opposite to what TTP is.

TTP is a high-level threat. If they keep their arms, they will attack Pakistan one day or another.

dont we know?

this is sure short formula to failure, untill and unless the civilian setup along with law enforcing agencies are not capable enough, the army should not be moved to barracks..

the population should not be left at the mercy of taliban threat. unless ofcourse mukami lashkar take responsibility to protect the borders of insurgents !

There is no concept of tribal lashkars and jirga in swat, it is quite non-traditional area when it comes to these things. Thats why you saw easy take over of swat by taliban while at the same time they failed to do so in case of dir and buner due to traditional set up of defence through lashkars. Due to same nature of swat, you didnt see any turbulence after military operation.

There is no concept of tribal lashkars and jirga in swat, it is quite non-traditional area when it comes to these things. Thats why you saw easy take over of swat by taliban while at the same time they failed to do so in case of dir and buner due to traditional set up of defence through lashkars. Due to same nature of swat, you didnt see any turbulence after military operation.

yeah I have been to swat, they are the best bunch of people in Pakistan, no doubt...very peaceful...

I am full supporters of army going back to barracks and this beautiful land of ours not be a military zone forever, but the police must be capable enough to pose a threat to taliban elements, all the time... else the media would do propaganda not only against Peace being a failure but also against PTI and Imran Khan being a failure.... so better caution and strengthen civilian institutions first and ofcourse the law enforcing dept.

p.s

Imran did promise sheriff system in LG, this is quite close to lashkar system. lets see..

Hafiz Gul Bahadur is not anti-Pakistan and was/is in alliance with the group of Mullah Nazir, the same man who the Baitullah Mehsud so wanted to kill. Hafiz Gul Bahadur agreed to expel Uzbeks from his land, and he did so, his intentions are clear, never have been proven to be fighting against the Army. Never had a problem with deployment of Troops in North Waziristan. Very much opposite to what TTP is.

TTP is a high-level threat. If they keep their arms, they will attack Pakistan one day or another.

Hafiz gul bahadur was attacking pak army before peace deal.
My point is that TTP would never agree on laying down weapons when every other tribal is keeping weapons. Laying down arms simply mean surrender while they have killed a major general to emphasize that they wont talk from position of weakness.

My point is that TTP would never agree on laying down weapons when every other tribal is keeping weapons. Laying down arms simply mean surrender while they have killed a major general to emphasize that they wont talk from position of weakness.

so where do you think it will go ?

You're partially right. But the fighting between Hafiz Gul Bahadur and Pakistan Military was result of a misunderstanding. That's a part of the history. The point was, Hafiz Gul Bahadur's activities till date, has not hurt Pakistani interests in the region, but TTP on the other hand are pure traitors. That's the difference I was pointing out.

tehrik-e-taliban pakhtunkwa stands defeated in swat but the like the oppertunists that they are they now see an oppertunity in KP government's ambivalent stance towards their activities and want to sneak in their 'victory' making the army withdraw through political means .. we will have to kill them where ever we find them .. nothing less

You're partially right. But the fighting between Hafiz Gul Bahadur and Pakistan Military was result of a misunderstanding. That's a part of the history. The point was, Hafiz Gul Bahadur's activities till date, has not hurt Pakistani interests in the region, but TTP on the other hand are pure traitors. That's the difference I was pointing out.

I get your point. Though TTP has done irrepairable damage to pakistan ,i wish some solid peace deal is made with TTP and they can be convinced to shift their focus towards afghanistan.

Anybody that thinks that Pakistan or anyone else for that matter can take away weapons from Tribals is out of their mind.

It's a part of their culture. I mean that part of their culture has spread to every corner of Pakistan.

We should deal with these tribals the way Timur dealt with these guys.. They only understand language of violence...
If you think a peace talk will work. u r a fool.

so where do you think it will go ?

Depend upon reaction of pak army on death of their major general.
If this peace talks fail, we would see yet another large operation in FATA , which would be fruitless like previous operations.

We should deal with these tribals the way Timur dealt with these guys.. They only understand language of violence...
If you think a peace talk will work. u r a fool.

Its 21st century. Tribals are your people. You dont need timur, you can easily wipe out tribals with nukes and chemical weapons. But unlike timur times, there is united nations and security council, NATO which not only will put sanctions on you but would push pakistan into stone age with their air strikes and what not.

Its 21st century. Tribals are your people. You dont need timur, you can easily wipe out tribals with nukes and chemical weapons. But unlike timur times, there is united nations and security council, NATO which not only will put sanctions on you but would push pakistan into stone age with their air strikes and what not.

PA needs drones like Predators. They can easily wipe out TTP, no need of nuking or firing chemicals on tribals

Back
Top Bottom