What's new

Army To Test Improved Nag Missile Carrier In July

^^^
The NAMICA shown in the video is not of LnT, its the same NAMICA that is shown in the first pic (drdo one) but LnT is involved in that project too just like in Pinaka. This video shows the test being conducted in 2009. After the 2009 test IA asked for more changes and LnT was asked to build the whole carrier except that the platform will be the same and Nag is from DRDO.

In short the NAMICA in the video is not the second prototype which will be entirely build by LnT.

I think when IA has waited for so long,they should wait 2 more years and induct the 8 km range HELINA ATGM as standard fit for both NAMICA and ALH Dhruv.Because frankly,Nag's 4 km range is not at all enough for a vehicle launched ATGM.Modern MBTs can engage targets upto 4 km with FSAPDS rounds and upto 6 km when using CLGMs like Ukrainian Kombat or Russian AT 11 Sniper (or 8 km using LAHAT).So a vehicle launched ATGM should have a range of atleast 7-8 km to effectively engage modern tanks from stand off distances and keep the launch vehicle out of harm's way for as long as possible to ensure maximum crew safety because it's crews' lives which matter the most.
Besides,IA recently has ordered 16k rounds of Konkurs M ATGMs with range of 4 km.May be that's why IA is reluctant to induct the Nag ATGMs in their present form.Because as per common sence,no army would want to induct two different types of weapons for doing the same job.
Just my thoughts,might very well be wrong.

NAG and helina are world class ATGMs.

The armor penetration capability and its seeker heads are indeed world class and is never in question.It's the range of present Nag ATGM which is inadequate for a vehicle launched ATGM.

I had this idea for the PA, but I think the IA is usually the one paving the new frontier..

Include a UAV with target tracking, designation and/or hand-off capability to the NAMICA.
The result will be stand off Nag battery that can attack enemy armour without ever exposing itself.

I had this idea for the PA, but I think the IA is usually the one paving the new frontier..

Include a UAV with target tracking, designation and/or hand-off capability to the NAMICA.
The result will be stand off Nag battery that can attack enemy armour without ever exposing itself.

Oscar, thats cooking in the pot too.

But before that get operationalised, range augmentation is on the cards. Eventually a battery of NAMICA and HELINA platforms will synch with each other via links while the 'spotters' cue them in.

This is what is being explored at present by DRDO with both the payloads being developed in-house and the platform ie UAVs such as RUSTOM-H.

The BMP 2 is a soft skinned death trap that has no business being on the modern battlefield.

Its time the BMP's were replaced with a vehicle that can take machine gun and RPG fire without turning into a massive fireball.

The BMP skin is thick enough to handle all small arms fire. They are still very relevant on the battlefield to protect the really soft skinned infantry as it moves into the breach.

as far as protection against proper anti armor weapons are concerned, no vehicle short of tanks can handle those.

there is probably nothing else present in the world today that can provide the kind of firepower mobility and protection that the BMP provides

I hope the actual NAMICA is able to carry more missile because there is no point in having a separate vehicle just to carry 2 missiles....all BMP2 after their upgrade will carry 2 ATGMs.

The BMP carries one missile ready for launch on top of the turret. an unknown number is kept inside. the nag will probably not replace the Fagot missiles used with the BMP. (There were others my father told me about but this is the only one i could remember)

the namica will be another vehicle tasked exclusively for AT tasks and will probably carry 4 missiles at ready to launch status and upto 4 reloads inside the vehicle

Nag Missile Carrier (NAMICA) :woot: What a bl00dy effeminate name! Reminds me of one of my long lost girlfriends! Jeeez!

This acronym needs to change, pronto! Why not just call it NMC?
thinking-002.gif

Back
Top Bottom