What's new

Army to get BrahMos on June 21

Yes I remember hearing about the "s" that it made during testing not tell me what height and what area this "s" covered. I asked at the time and no-one answered.
That is because the details were not released in public. If it was, i certainly missed it. In anycase, the manouver was indeed performed, so that clears things up for you. End Phase manouvers are performed by the missile, evasive actions are initiated. Then there has been further information, that they want more manouvers, the S shaped manouver was one of the tests.

The advantage to the Brahmos is it's speed and it's speed and thats it.
Yes its speed, and its guidance controller. This missile is the direct successor of Yakhont. The guidance system, makes this missile highly prescise at these speeds. That was one of the main problems, how to have a guidance system that is capable enough at such extreme speeds. Its kinetic speed gives it a hell of a punch, let alone the warhead, whose blast would be increased automatically by a drastic amount because of the speed, E=M*c*c.

It can be tracked by Awacs and thus it would capable of being shot down at longer range as well.
Now here's the catch. Even if you DO manage to detect it, its range as of now is 300km, and you wont be detecting it as soon as it is launched. The speed of the missile assures that there is no countaction avialable.

I dont think your quite getting it key, there is NO system that would be able to hit the BrahMos missile once launched. Not even quick reaction missile systems would be able to engage BrahMos because they would get an EXTREMELY small window to react. On top of that, you add the end phase manouvering, and you will realise what BrahMos means in this equation.

I am sure it would have impressive destructive abilities by it's size alone.
Correct. It seems you are aware. Its fuking friggin HUGE. I dunno how they plan to put 3 of these on a Su-30. I dont think it can carry more than one. That is my personal opinion.

We also need a subsonic LACM to subidise the costs. Using BrahMos everywhere is not practical, its very expensive. A subsonic LACM is far cheaer than a BrahMos, unless we develop a reusable missile.

Dear Malay,

Please throw more light on what you mean by a re-useable missile ?

Regards

That is because the details were not released in public. If it was, i certainly missed it. In anycase, the manouver was indeed performed, so that clears things up for you. End Phase manouvers are performed by the missile, evasive actions are initiated. Then there has been further information, that they want more manouvers, the S shaped manouver was one of the tests.

Yes its speed, and its guidance controller. This missile is the direct successor of Yakhont. The guidance system, makes this missile highly prescise at these speeds. That was one of the main problems, how to have a guidance system that is capable enough at such extreme speeds. Its kinetic speed gives it a hell of a punch, let alone the warhead, whose blast would be increased automatically by a drastic amount because of the speed, E=M*c*c.

Now here's the catch. Even if you DO manage to detect it, its range as of now is 300km, and you wont be detecting it as soon as it is launched. The speed of the missile assures that there is no countaction avialable.

I dont think your quite getting it key, there is NO system that would be able to hit the BrahMos missile once launched. Not even quick reaction missile systems would be able to engage BrahMos because they would get an EXTREMELY small window to react. On top of that, you add the end phase manouvering, and you will realise what BrahMos means in this equation.

Correct. It seems you are aware. Its fuking friggin HUGE. I dunno how they plan to put 3 of these on a Su-30. I dont think it can carry more than one. That is my personal opinion.

Ok lets break this down.
The man oeuvre's that you talk about were mentioned was simply a S shape curve (it was posted somewhere on this site last year). It did not state the parameters of the curve (It could be over miles for all you know) Doing a lazy "s" is not the same as high speed evasions. Somehow the fact that it did a "s" has translated into "high speed evasions" which to be frank is utter horse crap.

You mention that the advantages are speed and it's guidance package. Well the guidance package will get it to it's target, but it does not make it invulnerable which your post claims. I would love to see what constitutes "highly precise"

Ok now onto range. In order for the missile to use it's full range it would not be traveling in its LO-LO profile hence it will be detected at long range by radar and then the high speed will mean that any missile will have a easier time of closing with it. (on a closing engagement) the high friction created by the missile through the air tends to negate RAM coatings and the resultant IR signature would make it a sitting duck for IR guided missiles. HUGE means big RCS.

Frankly this weapon is a bludgeon rather than a stiletto. In order for it to be a success it would need to swamp the defence with multiple launches (10+ per target) to even have a chance at success.

Oh I forgot being fast doesn't mean it can't be intercepted. Most A2A missiles are supersonic and are more man overable. look up closing engagements........

Oh I forgot being fast doesn't mean it can't be intercepted. Most A2A missiles are supersonic and are more man overable. look up closing engagements........

I've told you before. Forget about having missiles to be able a missile such as Brahmos. You dont have reaction time.

How many missiles in your inventory have intercepted targets flying at Mach 2.8 before ?

LO-LO profile

Who told you we can't do a HIGH-LO profile if we wanted when the target is within range ?

Stop trying to make a big deal out of this LO-LO profile. The Brahmos can do a variety of profiles. Programmable flight profiles.

I've told you before. Forget about having missiles to be able a missile such as Brahmos. You dont have reaction time.

How many missiles in your inventory have intercepted targets flying at Mach 2.8 before ?

Sheesh bring back malay someone!

Most missile are designed to target fast moving objects like jet planes. The Aim-120 travels at mach 4+ for example......

Several missile were designed to hit aircraft such as the MIG-25 Foxbat which could travel at mach 2.8.

Speed issue if you are in a chase profile. HOWEVER in a head on engagement (which it would be ) then the issue is not as much of a worry.

Who told you we can't do a HIGH-LO profile if we wanted when the target is within range ?

Stop trying to make a big deal out of this LO-LO profile. The Brahmos can do a variety of profiles. Programmable flight profiles.

Go back and read what I wrote. it will be in a HI-LO profile to get the range. otherwise the LO-LO greatly reduces the range. (it's called aerodynamics!)

Most missile are designed to target fast moving objects like jet planes. The Aim-120 travels at mach 4+ for example.....

Lets keep this pretty simple.

How long does it take for you to detect, identify, lock on and fire a missile ? Coming from a hundred of KM away and varying its trajectory from HI-LO or the other way around.

BTW 290 KMs is range attained in LO-HI-LO profile. Time to target is less than five minutes for Brahmos.

Dear Keyser

On a lighter note I must admit all your responses are supersonic and very agile to all posts on Brahmos.

Regards

Lets keep this pretty simple.

How long does it take for you to detect, identify, lock on and fire a missile ? Coming from a hundred of KM away and varying its trajectory from HI-LO or the other way around.

Give me more specific data and I will give you an answer. bear in mind that relative air density will affect things. Mach 2.8 at altitude is not the same as mach 2.8 at lower levels. It's almost 3 am here so your answer will have to wait till tommorow.

The guidance system of a Cruise missile is the most important bit, it is mostly GPS based therefore the Brahmos relays heavily on GPS, however, if the GPS satellites are switched off the Brahmos guidance system then is controlled by line of sight, hence its capability is worthless, the Brahmos is supersonic it also has very high signatures of audio and radar easy picking, Pakistan has a similar problem that it also has a cruise missile that depends on GPS, however, China will allow Pakistan to have uninterrupted GPS link from there upcoming GPS satellites the Babur uses a alloy made from aluminum which can also be replaced with a different material as the Babur is subsonic, and has low in audioble and radar signature, because it is subsonic it can use low profile metal for flight and be very flexible in fact it can have carbon fibre body and be completely undetected by a radar, the Brahmos is supersonic it requires high profile metal like a composite of titanium alloy this makes it have high signatures on the radar.

However, the equation you use is interesting I believe you were trying to say the law of conservation of energy, therefore I believe you meant 1/2MV^2=Ke kinetic enegy is due to motion of mass. The MC^2=Ke is more to do with atoms colliding and mass being transfered as energy and therefore this to do with the theory of relativity. Come on you mean that Brahmos can travel square of speed of light and transfer its mass into energy in that speed please...

Did you know that there is equipment so sensitive that it can detect light of different wave length in the air I mean if that is moving at quite a speed and still can be detected how is Brahmos any different, yes its speed is incredible but this does not mean that it is undetectable it has high audio able and has high radar signatures it does not have terrain hugging capability or is stealth capable.

That is a good point the Brahmos has incredible speed it can attack the object easily, however, an AWACS will significantly stop that threat and heat seekers are the best choice for Brahmos or any other anti aircraft or missile system available as I understand that Brahmos will not be able to maneuver out as it will cost speed and it is not able to doge missiles.

Give me more specific data and I will give you an answer

Find out how much time it takes for an F-16, or the AWACS you're getting to detect, classify, lock on and fire a missile flying on a LO-HI-LO profile(max range 290 in this profile).

Figure out how many missiles in Pakistani inventory have been tested against a M2.8 target.

has high radar signature

You're so wrong. The Brahmos was designed with low RCS on the mind.

Brahmos relays heavily on GPS,

You're wrong.

The advantage to the Brahmos is it's speed and it's speed and thats it. It can be tracked by Awacs and thus it would capable of being shot down at longer range as well.

AWACS...and who would track the MKIs and other fighter jets....what if its fired by a ship to a land target....???

As per your reasoning you are makign the idioti c assumption that all resources would be deducated into tracking and interecpting the brahmos.

Back
Top Bottom