What's new

Army to get BrahMos on June 21

Dude you have forgotten few other drawbacks. The missile will not be on a LO-LO profile. The moment it pops up it will be spotted by Awacs or even ground based radars. Also the heat sigs are greater. Then there is the landscape which is not the same as out at sea.

As someone in the know once said,It is not a theater changing weapon, no one is wetting themselves about dealing with it.

Then I guess we could call the russian/indian designer's fool's
The zig-zig motion ensures that it cannot be easily locked on, when nearing the target, its hugs the terrain. Let it be spotted, how do you intend to stop it. Fire how many missile's and what kind of missile's

Fire missiles at it..........:rolleyes: It's is still another air to air target. It would have a great heat signature for ground and air based IR missiles.

By the way it is like 'trying to kill a bullet travelling at a speed more than 3300 km per hour with another bullet' :cheesy:
Do you really mean it.
Even Americans and Israelis do not have a good case to show for thier missile defense. How would pakistan would do it?
Kashif

Fire missiles at it..........:rolleyes: It's is still another air to air target. It would have a great heat signature for ground and air based IR missiles.

You dont have a missile that can shoot down a missile flying at Mach 2.5.

Dude you have forgotten few other drawbacks. The missile will not be on a LO-LO profile. The moment it pops up it will be spotted by Awacs or even ground based radars. Also the heat sigs are greater. Then there is the landscape which is not the same as out at sea.
The entire purpose of BrahMos is, that EVEN If you spot it, how would you stop it in the very small window you get. The speed of BrahMos makes it invulnerable to most countermeasures, and i dont say all for the heck of it.

Next of all, its terrain hugging.

Lastly and most importantly, BrahMos has demonstrated end phase manouvering, it demonstrated an "S" shaped manouver in its final stages. And those were just initial testing, you can expect far more complex manouvers.

The missile itself starts its own radar in the final few seconds to spot the target and home in.

So the only way to spot it before would be via IR,

As someone in the know once said,It is not a theater changing weapon, no one is wetting themselves about dealing with it.
Its the first in its class as an anti ship weapon.

For LACM,Its certainly powerful enough to cause heavy damage to bases, silos, etc, where the speed of the missile imparts a FAR greater destructive ability than just with the warhead.

And another thing, it would also be used as a standoff weapon on the Su-30MKI. The air launched version is under development.

Yheah, Excatly they will stop Brahmos threat by firing missiles on it.

They have Anza Missiles to Shot brahmos:cheesy: :yahoo: :rofl:

Dear oh dear.......comprehension seems to be amiss here. What do ships use against missiles? OTHER MISSILES!!! If you can track it you can shoot it down.
You can use A)Sidewinders --B)R550 magic---- c)PL5/9 --d)Mistral --d)RBS-70's --e)Stingers AND Anza's to shoot it down at short range.

The various platforms for longer range interceptions are already on the record.

It is not like intercepting a bullet because take another look at the size of the missile. It is the size of a aircraft. If it is traveling at speed then the closing time will be faster.

The designers of the missile are not fools, but they have not invented a new superweapon. Just re-worked an older design a bit.

The only problem the Americans would have had would have been in the Gulf where the short range would have caused them problems, But with Aegis cruisers and the new rolling RAM they would easily solve the problem. Don't confuse Ballistic missile defence with anti missile defence.

Zig Zag motion? It can zig zag as much as it likes. It won't be performing like a jet fighter so can still be intercepted.

I think a few people are suffering from shiny kit syndrome.

The entire purpose of BrahMos is, that EVEN If you spot it, how would you stop it in the very small window you get. The speed of BrahMos makes it invulnerable to most countermeasures, and i dont say all for the heck of it.

Next of all, its terrain hugging.

Lastly and most importantly, BrahMos has demonstrated end phase manouvering, it demonstrated an "S" shaped manouver in its final stages. And those were just initial testing, you can expect far more complex manouvers.

The missile itself starts its own radar in the final few seconds to spot the target and home in.

So the only way to spot it before would be via IR,

Its the first in its class as an anti ship weapon.

For LACM,Its certainly powerful enough to cause heavy damage to bases, silos, etc, where the speed of the missile imparts a FAR greater destructive ability than just with the warhead.

And another thing, it would also be used as a standoff weapon on the Su-30MKI. The air launched version is under development.

Yes I remember hearing about the "s" that it made during testing not tell me what height and what area this "s" covered. I asked at the time and no-one answered.

The advantage to the Brahmos is it's speed and it's speed and thats it. It can be tracked by Awacs and thus it would capable of being shot down at longer range as well.

I am sure it would have impressive destructive abilities by it's size alone.

It flys at Mach 2.8

And can easily do a Lo-Lo profile if needed.

Very good now tell me about the relative speeds of other missiles, and the disadvantages of a LO-LO profile.....here's one of them FRICTION!!!

the disadvantages of a LO-LO profile.....here's one of them FRICTION!!!

Except a fall in range, which in the context of India-Pakistan conflict is not really that significant considering many targets would fall in 150 KM zone and that there is going to be an air launched baby I do not see any other disadvantages.

There are a variety of flight profiles to choose from. It doesn't have to go LO or High all the way.

Very good now tell me about the relative speeds of other missile

You wont be able to launch any at the Brahmos. You need to detect, track, lock on and then fire. The Brahmos would have gone past the range of your missile by then.

Very good now tell me about the relative speeds of other missiles, and the disadvantages of a LO-LO profile.....here's one of them FRICTION!!!

Oh well I've got some figures for you my friend.

The Brahmos with can do a Mach 2.8 dash to 145 km 10-15 feet ASL.

Dont complain about RCS. It aint bigger than an aircraft. Infact it's got pretty low RCS.

Back
Top Bottom