What's new

Army Small Vehicles Very Important In War time Situation

AoA,
Two days back i watched a video of Israeli new army vehicles one of which was very much similar to that HIT produced little while ago when CJCSC visits HIT...... But im very much curious about one thing that why PA is not using Muahfiz and if this doesnt meet their requirment then why HIT is not developing anything special (Small army vehicle) like Humvee...

Question for Senior Members
What is cost of Chinese made Humvee....???
Why HIT is not making any thing like that..???

Regards,

Sunny

agreed with you our army still using hilux which is not good in war time we need some thing which can protect our soldiers not only from fire but also from land mines

Now one thing that is quite interesting as well as creating worries for me is that...
PA purchased hundreds of small vehicles (Mitsubishi, Land rover, Toyota, etc) specially in the recent past... but why a handy and bullet proof vehicle (excluding Mohafiz) not manufactured by HIT...
Beacause we are doing with tanks, aircrats, APCs (i mean manufacturing at home)... why not small vehicles like... Humvees, or MRPs.
May some of the senior member elaborate.???

Regards,

Sunny

Otokar produces Cobra 4x4, 9kg TNT needed to pierce its armor. And it uses humvee's engine and suspension.

Original humvee was not an option for Turkish army as terrorists were using land mines against us.

cobra_photo_007.jpg

I almost forgot to tell this thing has proved itself in ossetian war, I have a video from battlefield but i dont know how to add youtube videos.

Cobra did well untill now but now there is another fashion in world named MRAP. Both Otokar and BMC are developing their own MRAPs to offer Turkish Army.

Last edited:
sir we already have cobra in small numbers we need something which can move fast carry lots of weight and soldiers and provide intensive protection to our soldier which cobra cannnot do

sir we already have cobra in small numbers we need something which can move fast carry lots of weight and soldiers and provide intensive protection to our soldier which cobra cannnot do

When did Otokar export Cobra vehicles to Pakistan ? I did not know this...

The costumers can choose the different kind of vehicles in accordance with their requirements. Otokar has developed various type armoured vehicles provide different protection levels...

Otokar Cobra (Light Armoured)
nbet.jpg

Otokar Kaya (Medium )
liveimages5cfoto20haberd.jpg

Otokar Kale (Heavy)
resizeof1002630.jpg

Otokar Arma
arma6x6apc.jpg

The Cobra family of light armoured vehicles is manufactured by Otokar Otobus Karoseri Sanayi in Turkey. The Cobra designs incorporate the mechanical components of the HMMWV vehicle from AM General of the USA.

Five Cobra vehicles were delivered to the Turkish Army in 1997. Cobra vehicles are in production and in service with the Turkish Army and three have been delivered to the Maldives. There are reports that it has also been exported to Algeria, Bahrain, Nigeria, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates.

Cobra Wheeled Light Armoured Vehicle, Turkey - Army Technology

Cobra also has combat experience with the Georgian army. During their conflict with Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Russian's captured one for their own testing. Number 307 that took some damage but overall was intact. A large caliber round did penetrate the backside though. Not sure what caliber it was.

The Russian's captured one for their own testing. Number 307 that took some damage but overall was intact. A large caliber round did penetrate the backside though. Not sure what caliber it was.

Georgian Number 307 Cobra hitted by a bullet between 23-30mm and captured by Russian forces...

img9619jj7.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg

Georgian Number 307 Cobra hitted by a bullet between 23-30mm and captured by Russian forces...

img9619jj7.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg

Ah thanks for the info. BTW what is the protection level of the cobra is it STANAG4569 level 2a/b or 3a/b ?

"The Cobra armoured personnel carrier has an all-welded monocoque steel hull for improved protection against both 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm small arms fire as well as mines. If required, the Cobra can be delivered with modular bolt-on type add-on passive armour providing a higher level of protection. According to Otokar, the hull provides protection against anti-tank and anti-personnel mines"

Otokar Cobra armoured personnel carrier (Turkey) - Jane's Armour and Artillery

Slovakian Cobra's have more protected than standart Cobra's thanks to their extra armours.

Back
Top Bottom