What's new

Army plans disciplinary action against soldier at farmers’ protest, troops being sensitised

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Army is also in the process of identifying another soldier who had posted a video on social media in support of the farm protests.

The Indian Army will initiate disciplinary proceedings against a serving soldier who had participated in a farmers’ protest in Bathinda last month, a development which has led to local commanders sensitising the troops on the dos and don’ts.

The Army is also in the process of identifying another soldier who had posted a video on social media in support of the farm protests.

Sources in the defence and security establishment said soldiers are already aware of what they should and should not do. However, the local commanders are sensitising their men, they added.

The sources also said that in the case of the protests at Bhatinda, the soldier, who carried a placard in support of the farmers while wearing uniform and face shield, was identified after a probe was initiated when his pictures came out on social media.

Section 21 in The Army Act
The act by the soldier, who was on leave at that time, was in violation of the Army Act, 1950, which lays down clear rules against participation in protests, the sources added.

Section 21 in The Army Act, 1950 forbids a soldier from being a member of, or to be associated in any way with, any trade union or labour union, or any class of trade or labour unions or any society, institution or association, or any class of societies, institutions or associations

It also forbids soldiers from attending or addressing any meeting or to taking part in any demonstration organised by any body of persons for any political or other purposes.

Sources said that discipline is a big priority in the armed forces. “It was the farmers protest today, tomorrow, it might be something else. The armed forces are the last bastion for the nation and hence discipline is very important,” a source said.

Sources said that discipline is a big priority in the armed forces. “It was the farmers protest today, tomorrow, it might be something else. The armed forces are the last bastion for the nation and hence discipline is very important,” a source said.

"Something else" ? It isn't like the farmer protests are preaching religious discord.

But what about Lt. Col. Shrikant Purohit who while serving in the army became involved in the 2008 Malegaon bombing that was conducted by Hindutvadis and this soldier was jailed for nine years but strangely taken back into the Army in 2017 I think ?

"Something else" ? It isn't like the farmer protests are preaching religious discord.

But what about Lt. Col. Shrikant Purohit who became involved in the 2008 Malegaon bombing that was conducted by Hindutvadis and this soldier was jailed for nine years but strangely taken back into the Army in 2017 I think ?
I think the army should relieve him of his duties
Politics and army don't go together or else you will become Thier poster boy
You can't do things with uniform
But the police should not arrest him
If he wants to protest he should use his own identity

It's a hindutva extremist state now in India, the poison is everywhere in India

Maybe but then what about the army's taking back of Shrikant Purohit who was involved in terrorist bombing ? To me it smacks of hypocrisy.

Maybe but then what about the army's taking back of Shrikant Purohit who was involved in terrorist bombing ? To me it smacks of hypocrisy.
2 wrongs don't make a right purohit should be killed.
But this guy should also be relieved of his duties

But this guy should also be relieved of his duties

Well, since he feels for the farmers I will say he should volunteer out from the army and join a progressive political movement while simultaneously joining the farmer protest.

purohit should be killed.

Killing, well, a better approach is to jail him for life along with his other accomplices. The case must be reopened highly visibly by the Supreme Court.

Perhaps this will serve as lesson for existing and potential religious extremists, whatever their color.

Well, since he feels for the farmers I will say he should volunteer out from the army and join a progressive political movement while simultaneously joining the farmer protest.

Killing, well, a better approach is to jail him for life along with his other accomplices. The case must be reopened highly visibly by the Supreme Court.

Perhaps this will serve as lesson for existing and potential religious extremists, whatever their color.

It is against the law you can't protest while wearing the uniform

Section 21 in The Army Act, 1950 forbids a soldier from being a member of, or to be associated in any way with, any trade union or labour union, or any class of trade or labour unions or any society, institution or association, or any class of societies, institutions or associations

If he wants to protest he can leave the uniform out of it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom