What's new

Army Chief Bipin Rawat to receive Param Vishisht Seva Medal

@Windjammer @Oscar @Areesh @Mrc @BHarwana

He was awarded because of loud f@rt that he delivered when PAF struck near to brigade H.Q.:lol:
The truly dangerous picture is that the Indian armed forces are being turned into political puppets for show.

This goes against everything they used to be and were respected for.

769564-army-chief.jpg

NEW DELHI: Army Chief General Bipin Rawat will receive the Param Vishisht Seva Medal – the military medal awarded in recognition of peace-time services not relating to gallantry – from President Ram Nath Kovind on Thursday, March 14.
https://zeenews.india.com/india/arm...eceive-param-vishisht-seva-medal-2187406.html
seriously

The truly dangerous picture is that the Indian armed forces are being turned into political puppets for show.

This goes against everything they used to be and were respected for.

I agree wholeheartedly.

That still does not justify the gutter language of the other posts by Pakistani members.

I agree wholeheartedly.

That still does not justify the gutter language of the other posts by Pakistani members.
Members do not represent the final decision makers.
This is a greater issue that pertains to the general sanity of the subcontinent versus what are 300 odd members of an online forum.

When polarization and mob mentality starts taking hold of bureaucracy and statesmen; then its truly a dangerous precedent.

Us expressing anger or plain having fun trolling sadistically while we sip lemonade is incomparable to contrived medals for political ends.

Members do not represent the final decision makers.
This is a greater issue that pertains to the general sanity of the subcontinent versus what are 300 odd members of an online forum.

When polarization and mob mentality starts taking hold of bureaucracy and statesmen; then its truly a dangerous precedent.

Us expressing anger or plain having fun trolling sadistically while we sip lemonade is incomparable to contrived medals for political ends.

Let me start from the end. The PVSM is customary at 3 star level, and I cannot remember a single Army chief who did not have one before his elevation. Bipin Rawat was selected although he was third in line; he also has the reputation of being blunt and outspoken, and in earlier years, this has gone against him.

This is no contrived medal for political ends. Most three star officers, Army, Navy and Air Force, get it;some early, some late. This award is very late, and that is all.

Second, what I have drawn your attention to is not expressions of anger; they are coarse, gutter expressions. These are not sadistic trolls; they are, I repeat, gutter language. I addressed you because a word from you can quell these terrible posts.

Third, I agree that polarisation and mob mentality taking hold of bureaucracy and statesmen is a dangerous situation; it is not clear in what way it is a precedent. Such polarisation and mob mentality, again, has nothing to do with the language we have seen in use here. That the Sangh Parivar is polarising India and is encouraging mobs, and asking individual Indians, including those on foreign fora, to prove their nationalism is again nothing to do with Pakistani members behaving in a worse than vulgar manner.

Finally, as you yourself have pointed out, these members are not the decision makers. Why, then, need they be left unrebuked and unquestioned? Their bad behaviour cannot mend matters, as is clear to all.

Leaders lead; I am disappointed at being deflected by a leader of the forum.

edit: I say this out of a sense of respect for the position of Chief of Staff of my country's army, not due to any personal liking for Bipin Rawat.

Last edited:
Let me start from the end. The PVSM is customary at 3 star level, and I cannot remember a single Army chief who did not have one before his elevation. Bipin Rawat was selected although he was third in line; he also has the reputation of being blunt and outspoken, and in earlier years, this has gone against him.

This is no contrived medal for political ends. Most three star officers, Army, Navy and Air Force, get it;some early, some late. This award is very late, and that is all.

Second, what I have drawn your attention to is not expressions of anger; they are coarse, gutter expressions. These are not sadistic trolls; they are, I repeat, gutter language. I addressed you because a word from you can quell these terrible posts.

Third, I agree that polarisation and mob mentality taking hold of bureaucracy and statesmen is a dangerous situation; it is not clear in what way it is a precedent. Such polarisation and mob mentality, again, has nothing to do with the language we have seen in use here. That the Sangh Parivar is polarising India and is encouraging mobs, and asking individual Indians, including those on foreign fora, to prove their nationalism is again nothing to do with Pakistani members behaving in a worse than vulgar manner.

Finally, as you yourself have pointed out, these members are not the decision makers. Why, then, need they be left unrebuked and unquestioned? Their bad behaviour cannot mend matters, as is clear to all.

Leaders lead; I am disappointed at being deflected by a leader of the forum.

edit: I say this out of a sense of respect for the position of Chief of Staff of my country's army, not due to any personal liking for Bipin Rawat.
Janab e ala.

1. Does that junior selection merit the PVSM or is it due to actual reforms? It does derive some curiosity considering the events unfolding since the hyper nationalism overtaking the world and with recent events and usage of the Indian military in political imagery puts even routine events in the spotlight.

2. I do not follow any threads or members hence have no idea of the context of posts or languages or so on. Even when I reply it’s usually to the post or the opening remark to comment. The forum’s moderation system is the way to go. I no longer participate that actively in the process. However, if you report it and if anyone sees it; Im sure it will be dealt with severly. That being said, just due to the current events the reports are running in the hundreds per day and moderation is a volunteer task for people with real world routines and lives.

3. I really do not lead this forum nor are part of that process nor have I ever aspired to be, the administration does; and I just offer advice based on observations to see if it can be improved.

Nowadays I use the forum to express opinions or plainly screw with people whom I consider to be idiots; usually the fanboys and bhakt types from your side.

These Indians are jokers...they had their *** handed to them and they’re celebrating!?!

Back
Top Bottom