What's new

Army be deployed in Karachi: Altaf Hussain

Respect4Respect01

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
He alleged that the Muhajirs were targetted in the previous tenure of the PPP as well. He asked the President, the PM and the Sindh CM to “stop patronising the terror elements”.

In his telephonic address in various cities, Altaf said that he was ready to resign as party leader if it caused betterment in the country.

Altaf Hussain also said the government should take indiscriminate action against all those involved in acts of terrorism. He said action should be taken against MQM if found involved in any wrongdoing.

He also dilated on history and said that freedom in the area owes it to the sacrifices of the Muhajirs. He said the people who claim to be owners of Pakistan were slaves of Hindus until Muhajirs striggled to get the region freed.

Altaf said the immigrants at the time of the partition didn’t come empty handed. He called upon the world community to accept the presence of the immigrants now as proper citizens as it’s the fifth generation of the immigrants living in the areas now Karachi and elsewhere.

Referring to Sindhi population, Altaf said if they are 200-year-old Sindhis, “we are 70-year-old Sindhis”.

Dunya TV Print: Army be deployed in Karachi: Altaf Hussain

on one hand he is asking asylum if Army operation is done, on the other hand he is asking for Army deployment,

and guess what in the same noisy speech !!

the people of Karachi seem quite confused........

my best wishes to you all out, over there...

i think he needs asylum, not others lol.

yar this is absolute nonsense, he is asking for international recognition, asylum in enemy country, military operation, mental and physical preparation, stocking 30 days food, wanting to step aside from mqm, and what not in the same speech !!

yar this is absolute nonsense, he is asking for international recognition, asylum in enemy country, military operation, mental and physical preparation, stocking 30 days food, wanting to step aside from mqm, and what not in the same speech !!

i always find hard to understand everything altaf hussain says, hes not really helping to stop the violence in Karachi either, all he is good for is talking nonsense.

if his loyalties are to the enemy; then he should see if they'll offer him a passport the way the britishers did

i actually used to sympathise with him, because i liked his moderate (anti-extremism) stance, and his bold take against terrorism

i have totally lost any respect i had for "Altaf bhai"....the guys a drama queen. He claims to represent "his people" over a skype video conference sitting in London

neither him nor MQM officials can get their heavily armed activists on a leash.

MQM isnt the only party to blame here.......the Rangers should grow a sack, learn proper policing, and totally CLEAN UP that place. Anyone wielding even a stick in a hostile manner should meet an iron fist.

authorities have had well over a year to do SOMETHING to deal with this political violence. They haven't done jack shyte about it. And now, they are begging Army to go in to do the work which civilians are supposed to be able to handle and take care of? :disagree:

simply pathetic. . .

PPP Govt 3 Years - Atta Rs.13 to 34 Sugar Rs.21 to 70 Oil Rs.90 to 190 Milk Rs.25 to 65 Petrol Rs.56 to 88 Diesel Rs.46to 97 Bike Rs.45000 to 65000 Tax On Call SMS 15% to 21% DAP Urea 1300 To Rs 4700 Loadsheding 30% to 150% Bijlee 6.13 to 11.38 Railway FINISHED - Awam Mar gaee lekin BIBI AAJ Bhi Zinda hay!!

I am from Karachi, and very worried for current unrest situations. What the hell going on? Are we coward ?

Is it possible Karachi should be split in divide by peace deal similar to Sudan/South? :(

if his loyalties are to the enemy; then he should see if they'll offer him a passport the way the britishers did

i actually used to sympathise with him, because i liked his moderate (anti-extremism) stance, and his bold take against terrorism

i have totally lost any respect i had for "Altaf bhai"....the guys a drama queen. He claims to represent "his people" over a skype video conference sitting in London

neither him nor MQM officials can get their heavily armed activists on a leash.

MQM isnt the only party to blame here.......the Rangers should grow a sack, learn proper policing, and totally CLEAN UP that place. Anyone wielding even a stick in a hostile manner should meet an iron fist.

authorities have had well over a year to do SOMETHING to deal with this political violence. They haven't done jack shyte about it. And now, they are begging Army to go in to do the work which civilians are supposed to be able to handle and take care of? :disagree:

simply pathetic. . .

When the state machinery will be used for terrorism then what should we do ?

I am from Karachi, and very worried for current unrest situations. What the hell going on? Are we coward ?

Is it possible Karachi should be split in divide by peace deal similar to Sudan/South? :(

A better option would be to push all pro-MQM and pro-separatist crowd into the Arabian sea.

wouldnt solve anything

and besides, Karachi is already kind of polarized....you have the shiny, spotless, clean enclaves...you have the financial district; then you have "the other side" which is not so uplifting

I have an idea.....!!!

just disarm the citizens there, and allow the police to do their jobs.......problem is, politicians are in bed with some of these people. So in that scenario, it means that from the very grass-roots level massive changes need to be made

examples need to be made out of people....but we all know that the government is too cowardly to take such measures

PPP Govt 3 Years - Atta Rs.13 to 34 Sugar Rs.21 to 70 Oil Rs.90 to 190 Milk Rs.25 to 65 Petrol Rs.56 to 88 Diesel Rs.46to 97 Bike Rs.45000 to 65000 Tax On Call SMS 15% to 21% DAP Urea 1300 To Rs 4700 Loadsheding 30% to 150% Bijlee 6.13 to 11.38 Railway FINISHED - Awam Mar gaee lekin BIBI AAJ Bhi Zinda hay!!

lol what does the PPP government has to do with commodity prices increasing in the international markets.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom