What's new

Army and IAF face off over new war plan

Yeah i remember well how China helped us with a lot of military aid during the 2001 crisis with India. we got SAM systems from China in no time, lot of other weapons, and most important of all dozens of brand new J-7 fighters which were shipped in crates and also Chinese engineers helped in assembling them at the Pakistani air bases and this operation was done in the shortest possible time period.

But unfortunately we are still lacking in some quality products compared to India and AF is one of them. Hope we get quality products soon to counter the imbalance.

And as for this Indian Cold Start Doctrine, hopefully PA would have devised their counter strategy plans as same case happened in 87 also when India wanted to kind of use such strategy in disguise of Operation Brasstack. PA has inducted lot of mechanized units and armor units in its arsenal, also lot of SP units in place to support them.

Hope so we don't have to face another war in future, but it won't be an easy one for both sides.

I second that...There should not be any quantum of doubt that China will overtly/covertly help Pakistan if any war broke out... However we can debate on the extent of help...Will it be just logistics(most likely) or she physically would help by mobilizing her army(most unlikely)??

However that is always the case and should have been well accounted for...As far as war is concerned it can only happen if one of the countries heads have some nuts and bolts missing in their heads....As far as cold-start doctorine stands than i don't think there would be enough time for any help to arrive....

I second that...There should not be any quantum of doubt that China will overtly/covertly help Pakistan if any war broke out... However we can debate on the extent of help...Will it be just logistics(most likely) or she physically would help by mobilizing her army(most unlikely)??

However that is always the case and should have been well accounted for...As far as war is concerned it can only happen if one of the countries heads have some nuts and bolts missing in their heads....As far as cold-start doctorine stands than i don't think there would be enough time for any help to arrive....

No physical intervention, more like a logistical help.

Hope so we don't get nut kind of leader on both side of the border.

As i said PA knows this Cold Start Doctrine and as said also it is preparing its self for such scenario. They are upgrading their armor, AKs are being inducted more in number and upgradation of that also happening, ATGMs being procured, we have our own 2 strike corps, so don't mind but if Indian Army thinks it will have a field day with their Cold Start Doctrine, it may not be so easily done.

No physical intervention, more like a logistical help.

Hope so we don't get nut kind of leader on both side of the border.

As i said PA knows this Cold Start Doctrine and as said also it is preparing its self for such scenario. They are upgrading their armor, AKs are being inducted more in number and upgradation of that also happening, ATGMs being procured, we have our own 2 strike corps, so don't mind but if Indian Army thinks it will have a field day with their Cold Start Doctrine, it may not be so easily done.

I don't have any quantum of doubt that PA would have a counter for the cold start doctrine....I would be nuts to think that...However i hope you agree that putting a doctrine on paper and its counter is easy...however the difficult part is its application(hope that day never come)...Now who will stick to the plan and execute it properly will end up as winner....Though i must say with India's booming economy and renewed effort to modernize her Army will definitely be giving head-aches to counterparts on the other side of the border....

Back
Top Bottom