What's new

Armenia has to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity - Davutoglu

Again, only speak when you know things.

1) The power parity of the average Iranian is much higher than the PPP of the average Azerbaijani.
2) Poor Azerbaijanis each day travel in thousands to Iran only to have good health care and cheap food. If it wasn't for Iran, these people couldn't survive.
1) GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

2) Yeah of course, they couldnt survive without Iran. :P

PS: Dont use PPP since there are many problem with that.

Purchasing power parity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

IMF comparison between Iran and Azerbaijan:

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

2) Yeah of course, they couldnt survive without Iran. :P

Not my words, but the words of Azerbaijanis themselves:

“There are many unemployed people like me in Astara, and most of the men in work have insecure temporaryjobs and earn a maximum of 200 manats [250 US dollars] a month,” Akif Huseynov, from the border town of Astara, said. “How can you feed a family on that amount? We have to go to Iran, where everything is half the price it is here.”

[…]

“You can see this horror show every day from early in the morning until 12 or one o’clock,” said Maqsud, a man from Yardimli in southern Azerbaijan. “The majority of these people are lie me, going to Iran for food. First you have to wait two or three hours just to get inside the cage, then you have to stand inside it for about the same amount of time. It’s closed off on all sides and people often get ill there. And it takes an hour for the border guards to open the door while you’re shouting at them.”

[…]

“I am a teacher on 240 manats [a month]. If I don’t go to Iran to get food, my family will starve,” he said. “Of course you can shell out ten or 15 manats and go via the left-hand cage which is meant for foreigners. People are allowed through quicker and you don’t have to wait nearly as long. But I can buy a lot of food in Iran for that money, so it’s a shame to give it to the border guards.”

“All these people are going to Iran for cheap food, manufactured goods and medicines. And it isn’t the first year this has been happening,” he said. “Medicines in Iran are low in price and high in quality. For poor Azerbaijanis, Iran has become the only hope of feeding their families and getting treatment. And sadly, Azerbaijani customs exploit them.”

Safura Qadimova is among those who have benefited from Iran’s healthcare system. “I’ve been married eight years, but we didn’t have children. I underwent endless tests and treatment, amounting to over 5,000 manats,” she said. “In the end, my friends advised me to go to Iran. I spent 400 dollars there and it only took a month – after the first course of treatment, I got pregnant immediately.”

Natig Ibadov, Astara’s deputy mayor with special responsibility for healthcare, acknowledged that local residents often went to Iran for treatment, but he insisted the town’s new hospital would improve matters.

[…]

“If we don’t have decent doctors, and the ones we do have think only about getting money from their patients, then who’s going to go there?” he asked. “Everyone is still going to Iran.”

Hashimli said the government needed to pay more attention to southern parts of Azerbaijan because of their strategically sensitive location.

“It’s no secret that Iran wields influence in southern areas of Azerbaijan. And now it’s expanding its influence because of the local population’s needs,” he said. “Our government has to take this seriously. It must provide people with work and create the conditions for them to live decent lives, to study and to access medical treatment, so that citizens of Azerbaijan aren’t reliant on Iran.”

Azerbaijanis Flock to Iran for Food, Medicines - Institute for War and Peace Reporting - P212

This is how desperate Azerbaijanis are every day to get to Iran:

Not my words, but the words of Azerbaijanis themselves:

This is how desperate Azerbaijanis are every day to get to Iran:

And what do you say about this?

I really dont wanna go into anti Iranian discussion with you since i have nothing against Iranians but you
You are talking like Azerbaijan is a African country while Iran is a second Switzerland...

And what do you say about this?

I really dont wanna go into anti Iranian discussion with you since i have nothing against Iranians but you
You are talking like Azerbaijan is a African country while Iran is a second Switzerland...

I am not saying everything is perfect in Iran. It isn't. But don't forget that we are facing the world's toughest sanctions.

But still. Iranians do not have to visit any country to buy food in order to survive.

AKP should respect the territorial integrity of Syria, Iraq and Egypt before they tell others to, another garbage statement by AKP.

Motocross Pants

Surenas, your a fcking joke. You were repeating the same thing a year ago or something, and you are also using the same articles. But you don't even bother to read that its about the border town of Astara (you can buy more with Azerbaijani manat in Iran, there is a reason why products would be much cheaper on Iranian side), or you do but you are just a two-faced degenerate?

As for your other delusions, one only has to laugh. When was the last time that Iran updated its conventional army? Stick your North-Korean copy Scuds to your supreme leaders a**.

Last edited:
@Azerbaboon

No need to update our conventional army. One battalion of crazy Basijs is enough to overrun your whole country. Pathethic yurt-nomad. You couldn't even defeat a bunch of Armenian fedayeen (armed civilians).

Post reported

@Azerbaboon

No need to update our conventional army. One battalion of crazy Basijs is enough to overrun your whole country. Pathethic yurt-nomad. You couldn't even defeat a bunch of Armenian fedayeen (armed civilians).

We all know how they performed during war against Sadaam they died by the thousands. I am not sure why you mention that anyway if you want to have a part II be our guest and make a move go ahead invade them.

Back
Top Bottom