What's new

ARMED VARIENT OF LCH TO UNVEILED IN AERO INDIA 2011

HAL needs to work on reducing the weight of LCH. at present this chopper is lil over weight. nothwithstanding that good job done.

HAL needs to work on reducing the weight of LCH. at present this chopper is lil over weight. nothwithstanding that good job done.

well i did not knew abt the weight thing but they are gong fast and will surely make this problem come to an end

They developed this A LOT quicker then LCA and Arjun.. Keep improving India! For India's first attack helicopter, I think it look great.

That is because most of the sub-systems used in LCH were developed primarily for Dhruv and this is the advantage of iterative development.

Dhruv took time, but relatively less time for LCH.

Tejas has taken time, but next fighters will be developed in relatively less time.

Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
They developed this A LOT quicker then LCA and Arjun.. Keep improving India! For India's first attack helicopter, I think it look great.
That is because most of the sub-systems used in LCH were developed primarily for Dhruv and this is the advantage of iterative development.

Dhruv took time, but relatively less time for LCH.

Tejas has taken time, but next fighters will be developed in relatively less time.

I completely Agree you Karthik sir, The next step will be not much painful, By the time AMCA airframe will be ready, many subsystems will be available.

I like Mr Antony and his philosophy of Indianisation of weapons... Big Salute to him... May god keep him as Defense minister for few more decade (no matter which party gain delhi)

I agree wit you. Also HAL must fit it with a 1800shp engine in order to increase the the power/mass ratio.

You're $hitting me right? This is really fast development!
2006: Combat helo plans announced
2010:First flight
2012:Induction? O_O.. Not just by Indian standards. This was fast for anyone!

LCH looks a terrific beast, what a brilliant accomplishment considering that its our first such program and with armed versions of ALH Dhruv hardly making any impact.

I see tremendous export potential for LCH !!!

mi 35 is a bad a** helicopter as it comes under heavy attack category and lch is a light weight

But then one must understand the need of LCH.

Mi-24/25/35 can't fly in high altutude. Thanks to its heavy weight + troops/cargo/ammunition.

It was useless in Kargil and IAF had to bring Mi-8/17 in play with rocket pods and LMG/MMG's.

Result Mi-8/17 shot down by manpad.

LCH is lightweight and can fly/combat in high altitudes and hence it is in the whole different league.

GB

You're $hitting me right? This is really fast development!
2006: Combat helo plans announced
2010:First flight
2012:Induction? O_O.. Not just by Indian standards. This was fast for anyone!

this is because we developed a helicopter before known as dhruv we gained experience from it and some of its sub system will be used in lch and we now have the experience and knowledge how to make these thing tejas to gave us a lot of experience that we needed and you will all the projects meeting there deadlines

But then one must understand the need of LCH.

Mi-24/25/35 can't fly in high altutude. Thanks to its heavy weight + troops/cargo/ammunition.

It was useless in Kargil and IAF had to bring Mi-8/17 in play with rocket pods and LMG/MMG's.

Result Mi-8/17 shot down by manpad.

LCH is lightweight and can fly/combat in high altitudes and hence it is in the whole different league.

GB

The whole world is mocking because we are doing lighter version in every product.. While they are not at all aware what is the need and why this was very important especially in terrain like India..
(e.g.) of a great show case is use of Dhurv in Leh... Which increased the capability by a lot compared to the older version(Cheetah)...

These Light combat vehicles will play a vital role in JK and Tibet borders..

this is because we developed a helicopter before known as dhruv we gained experience from it and some of its sub system will be used in lch and we now have the experience and knowledge how to make these thing tejas to gave us a lot of experience that we needed and you will all the projects meeting there deadlines

LCH timeline has been short because of the experience gained in ALH development. there is another factor which every one has over looked. LCH is designed and developed by HAL with only minor contributions from other agencies where as in the case of LCA there were 15-20 agencies involved. LCA is a case study of bad project management. what should have been done is to give task to single agency rather than involving 15-20 agencies.

It's not only the experience, but the fact that LCH is basically a Dhruv WSI with a different airframe!
All the techs and weapons LCH will use, are directly taken from Dhruv which means only a bit real development work was needed.
The new HAL LUH instead, will be a totally new development and will gain gain the most from the experience of Dhruv/LCH developments and operational service.

Back
Top Bottom