What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

There is a saying or rather a punch dialogue in Tamil:

"Singam single ah thaan varum,Panniga thaan kootama varum"

(The lion always comes alone,,it is the pigs that come in crowds.)

Hope this fits ur post . :D
sakath statement

Does that mean the current batch of 124 arjuns dont have that capability..?

Yes they don't have. But Arjun fired Lahat from its gun way back. They need to integrate laser designator on Arjun to fire LAHAT and incorporating it with Arjun's fire control system. It will need only six months.

LASER DESIGNATORS can be installed on already rolled out tanks also..right..?

This is time to party tonight............:taz::taz:
Can anyone have photographs of the interior of Arjun tank(fire control systems) ?????
can the fire control systems be comparable to Abraham M1A2.

I think Sancho is right...
The weight needs to be looked at. else IA will cry again saying its over weight...

I sometimes wonder why there shouldnt be physical changes, Looking at all the modern tank, you will see the base below the turret(I dont know what it is, pls help me) is slanted to defeat missiles, but in case of Arjun its not slanted.

Any one can help me here why did they go for this?....and any update if they can fit any turbine engine to it unlike desiel?

good news..kya din hai bhai aaj...pehle AGNI-2 aur ab ARJUN...

Any idea what will be XTRA features on MK-2.

sir,it will be slapped with 2 tons of more armour on the vital parts of front portion...also will be able to fire lahat and other anti tank missiles...
drdo promisses to provide a better navigation system that can be directly connected to a uav...also to the satellite [provided active in 2013}...also it will be provided better upgrades in the engine and accuracy...drdo has also rejected army demand to remove the blackbox from further orders saying it will be an integral part of arjun-mk-2,
also recently mod disclosed the forign firms who inspected the arjuns..in a statement

Arjun Tank has been certified by an govt.Israeli firm IMI.CUBA has asked for a Request For Proposal for Arjun Tanks. The Tanks have been tested to death.
The Arjun MBT NBC filtration system has been integrated with roentgenometer cum flash sensor alongwith a chemical sensor. These products have been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). A roentgenometer is used to measure of dose rates recieved by the crew of Arjun Tank or other armoured vehicles which have similar systems in Indian Army. It has energy compensated GM tube sensor (80 keV to 1.3 MeV) with an analog display. It meets all JSS 55555-L 3 test series specifications. It displays 0 to 1000 R/h in 4 ranges with an accuracy of plus or minus 2%. It weighs approximately 2.5Kg and is powered by 18-32 V DC tank batteries.

Its really a very good news to hear more Arjuns joining Indian Army Tank regiments. But we were expecting atleast 270-300 tanks instead of just 124 more. I think there should be more orders once LAHAT and Kanchan Armours are done with new batches.
But still its ice breaking news from IA perspective. And i think some neighbours might need to change the spellings for Arjun now.:taz::taz::toast_sign:

Last edited:
GOOD GOD what is this not a single troll ....... this news might be a hard hit to someones face here :-)

^^^^^^^^
Are you going to protect your nation by just 248 Tanks .??????

1657 tanks are on order and will replace all old T55 system .
T72 all will be upgraded and will be given Eye transplant which Media always criticizes :frown:.

Get used to T-:cheers:series it will serve India atleast for next Decade or so.

frankly speaking what are the possible upgrades on these t series tanks such as the the t 72's what are the costs involved u know my friends i start doubting our army also because of the netas god forbid if there are any kick backs involved by some Russian firms to the Indian army hi racy:sniper::sniper::sniper::rolleyes:

GOOD GOD what is this not a single troll ....... this news might be a hard hit to someones face here :-)

yes my dear friend with Israeli electronics and assistances it will be difficult for our pak and chini friends to digest they must be thinking what to right and what not to:sniper::sniper::rofl:

yes my dear friend with Israeli electronics and assistances it will be difficult for our pak and chini friends to digest they must be thinking what to right and what not to:sniper::sniper::rofl:

Why r u bringing Pakistan and chinese people in ur rant?
Were u born with the low life habit?
Thank the israelis and get over it.....
Could make a tank 4 decades and now have started trolling after numbers of failures.....we dont even know if it still works.

good news..kya din hai bhai aaj...pehle AGNI-2 aur ab ARJUN...

Any idea what will be XTRA features on MK-2.

No Idea about Future arjun but most of the below mentioned Upgrades will be done to the present arjuns

I got these from wiki pedia

Automatic target locating, tracking and destruction.
DRDO is developing the Tank Urban Survival Kit which is a series of improvements to the Arjun intended to improve fighting ability in urban environments which includes defensive aids like laser warning, IR jammer, and aerosol smoke grenade system.
CVRDE is in the process of developing tank simulators.
DRDO is developing a Laser Warning Control System (LWCS) in cooperation with Elbit Limited of Israel to be equipped on the Arjun at regimental level trials with T-90s. The MCS is being developed by DRDO to help the tank reduce the threat of interference from all types of sensors and smart munitions of the enemy in the tank's systems. LWCS includes laser warning system, Infra Red jammers and aerosol grenade smokes, and will help reduce the signatures of the tank in the battle field and help it improve its survivability. DRDO is also co-developing the and Mobile Camouflaging System (MCS) technology along with a Gurgaon-based private sector defence manufacturer Barracuda Camouflaging Limited.
A new improved 1500 hp engine.
DRDO also plans to develop robotic that will work on tele-linking Arjuns in addition to make the tracking of targets automatic.
An anti-helicopter round is under development as well.

Back
Top Bottom