What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

I dont know why this is being made into a T 90 vs Arjun.. If ever its going to be T-90+T-72+Arjun vs Al Khalid + T80 + Al-Zarrars

;)

Second that! Arjun was a overkill for the T-90 but T-90 is still superior to Al Khalid. ;) I don't think T-90 have to fight against Arjun in real combat. Arjun and Bhishma on one side. So cool down. :azn:

I dont know why this is being made into a T 90 vs Arjun.. If ever its going to be T-90+T-72+Arjun vs Al Khalid + T80 + Al-Zarrars

;)

The recent trial was between Arjun and T-90. Arjun was declared the winner over T-90, shocked the whole world except for the people conducting the test. The resulting numbers were indeed unexpected. Maybe the people doing the test knows something that was not announced.

The recent trial was between Arjun and T-90. Arjun was declared the winner over T-90, shocked the whole world except for the people conducting the test. The resulting numbers were indeed unexpected. Maybe the people doing the test knows something that was not announced.

typical ,

distort the facts to make your point.

why don't you just say Arjun sucks and go way.

DRDO has been saying the Arjun will come out on top from the start.
the army has been delaying these trials by up to a year.

Let me break down the time line for you.

right, before the trials , we had this BS

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/49983-its-official-no-more-arjuns.html

then this

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/50806-arjun-meets-performance-objectives.html

then this

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/51822-arjun-tank-outruns-outguns-russian-t-90-a.html

Over the last four months, the army had systematically signalled that it did not want to buy more Arjuns. The message from senior officers was — 124 Arjun tanks have been bought already; no more would be ordered for the army’s fleet of 4000 tanks. The comparative trial, or so went the message, was merely to evaluate what operational role could be given to the army’s handful of Arjuns.

“The senior officers who attended the trials were taken aback by the Arjun’s strong performance,” an officer who was present through the trials frankly stated. “But they were also pleased that the Arjun had finally come of age.”

The army’s Directorate General of Mechanised Forces (DGMF), which has bitterly opposed buying more Arjuns, will now find it difficult to sustain that opposition. In keeping out the Arjun, the DGMF has opted to retain the already obsolescent T-72 tank in service for another two decades, spending thousands of crores in upgrading its vintage systems.

Now, confronted with the Arjun’s demonstrated capability, the army will face growing pressure to order more Arjuns.

The current order of 124 Arjuns is equipping the army’s 140 Armoured Brigade in Jaisalmer. With that order almost completed, the Arjun production line at the Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF) in Avadi, near Chennai, needs more orders urgently. The Rs 50 crore facility can churn out 50 Arjuns annually. That would allow for the addition of close to one Arjun regiment each year (a regiment is authorised 62 tanks).

Tank experts point out that conducting trials only in Mahajan does not square with the army’s assertion that they are evaluating a role for the Arjun. Says Major General HM Singh, who oversaw the Arjun’s development for decades, “If they were evaluating where the Arjun should be deployed, they should have conducted the trials in different types of terrain: desert, semi-desert, plains and riverine. It seems as if the army has already decided to employ the Arjun in the desert.”

and currently this

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/54262-army-purchase-more-arjun-tanks.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only people shocked were those who kept the assertion that the Arjun was rubbish , i have always taken DRDO's side and suspected such an outcome from the start.

For me And i have always believed this India . FUTURE TANK forces will be

Arjun 15% HEAVEY @ 500+

T90 50% meduim @ 1500

T72 30% Meduim upgrades @ 1000

Light Tank ??? 300+ TBC for chinease theatre

THATS 3300 in around 65+ regiments.

OVER THE MOON ABOUT ARJUN looks a great beastly looking tank

Guys i have read in some sites that the primary gun of Arjun is a 120 mm rifled one..
now is it a 120 mm rifled or 125 mm rifled..?
can anyone clarify..?

M1A2 GOT A 120 MM

LEOPARD 2 ALSO GOT A 120 MM

merkava also have a 120 mm

so debatabley top 3 tank in world have 120 mm

CHEERS i hope this answer your question

Last edited:
ENJOY SOME PICS NOW

URL]

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

2007043003261301.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

URL]

Back
Top Bottom