What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

What I like about the Arjun program is the proposed variants to give a common heavy armour fleet.

These include AEV, ARRV, AVLB, Air Defence and the artillary piece.

I only wish Pakistan had something like these planned for Al Khalid.

What I like about the Arjun program is the proposed variants to give a common heavy armour fleet.

How unfortunate for a decade's long MBT programme to end like this.
Many analysts had already predicted in past that Arjun will only be inducted (if they ever will be) in IA as a token tank and will never be a MBT horse.
Finally, a support vehicle is an intelligent solution.
BTW, any news of June testing?:coffee:

Al-Khalid is MBT and has a great furture. :pakistan:

Batman your spoilling this thread and repeating the article that I refutted point by point WITH OFFICIAL SOURCE, June testing wont be reported like you want it to be its not testing but JRI (joint reception inspection) of around 30 tanks which is a batch production.

If quoting from an unofficial source is considered as 'spoiling the thread' than still I count my self in last runners. :bunny:

What the hell is JRI !!!!!!!!!

If quoting from an unofficial source is considered as 'spoiling the thread' than still I count my self in last runners. :bunny:

What the hell is JRI !!!!!!!!!

You find no testing only strange in other countries,
Pakistan inducts without testing..:enjoy:

It is good to have a multi-purpose base which can be used for other vehicles,however there is one "expensive" element to it. The engine.
It could be used for things like SPA and bridge layers,but would be expensive for stuff like SAM carriers etc.

and Saudi Arabia, Turkey and has been tested in Pakistan by PA and military delegates from various other countries. :enjoy:

What the hell is JRI ????

and Saudi Arabia, Turkey and has been tested in Pakistan by PA and military delegates from various other countries. :enjoy:

What the hell is JRI ????

What was tested? AK?
I always wondered what was the feedback from the Saudi test? It was reported almost 3 years back. Long time to test a tank isn't it?

why didn't the Saudi's accept the tank?

It is good to have a multi-purpose base which can be used for other vehicles,however there is one "expensive" element to it. The engine.
It could be used for things like SPA and bridge layers,but would be expensive for stuff like SAM carriers etc.

I see your point but I think they are probably referring to a German Gepard type SPAAG system with automatic cannons

Look up Zravers criticisms in the army section for tank upgrades and it is clear that things need rectifying.

There may be criticisms to be aimed at the AK however you have to bear in mind that it would mostly be facing T-72's or T-90's. Which the estimable Mr Zraver has also stated that it would have an edge over. I am sure the AK-2 would have more than enough punch to deal with another problems that would arise from the smaller number of Arjuns.

Back
Top Bottom