What's new

Arjun MK2 1st Pic arrived

@Auz,
How exactly are you gonna crush our tanks,dare to explaine.
If you think your present FSAPDS rounds can penetrate our tanks,then you are just being simply over optimistic (by a great margin).

but its not T-90 ERA its kanchan armor ERA and the storage boxes on the side have been removed and replaced with an armor which makes it look more smooth and not boxy

It's Non Explosive Reactive Armour (NERA) , Indigenous

Edit: need conformation i'll let you know by evening ;)

a slopping turret.....i was hoping MKII will receive that upgrade

No Slopping turret for Mk II

i have my doubts whether its a Tank Ex or not.
Even if its the Arjun,i don't think that the turret will be redesigned like this.May be the inclined ERA plats are fitted over the Mk1 turret which is plane in design and In my knowledge,the best design to utilize the kanchan composite armour.

There is no Tank Ex there.

It's Mark 2 and T-90 Bhisma.

whats the main difference between NERA and ERA?i mean does the other have better protection?
I am gonna use my noob/fanboy brain to try to explain.

I think in ERA (Explosive Reactive armor) A bit of explosive material is sandwiched between two plates so when the shell hits the plate rather than the shell penetrating all the way through the explosive blows the round outward deflecting the shell and reducing the penetrating ability.

As for NERA I am not even sure if there is something like this. But if there is then it basically means a block of armor that doesn't have explosive in it. More of a bullet protection vest for the tank except its blocks larger shells.

Nice looking tank. Let's not argue about it till the stats and specs are released.

Chutia admi,

He's complimenting the Arjun MK2.

[/B]

Pakistani Armour will CRUSH your super "Arjun" tanks , if Indians made any mistake during the battle ..Thankfully for you , your generals aren't fanboys...and they know the capability of Pakistani armour divisions deployed against India...

Arjun is O.K , but it is far from being "invincible" ..specially against Pakistan.

Abay oye lalu bharti , first comprehend what members are saying..... delusional kid.

Oye Chutiyam Sulphate...be in limit ....I was talking what generally Pakistani says…India Don need Pakistan’s Compliment at all..

So arjun has NO EXTERIOR CHANGES besides the addition of ERA? I was really hoping they redesign the whole tank to make it sleeker and have a lower profile like the new Chinese prototypes. Does anyon know if the Arjun have rubber tracks?

So arjun has NO EXTERIOR CHANGES besides the addition of ERA? I was really hoping they redesign the whole tank to make it sleeker and have a lower profile like the new Chinese prototypes. Does anyon know if the Arjun have rubber tracks?

The turret is modified a little.

ajjem.jpg

Mark 1
RSBbQ.jpg

Mark 2

Btw, I don't know what you were expecting. Because we have 2 CGI of it. And it looks similar.

cer9c.jpg

arjunmarkii.jpg

Once these are fit, it'll look the part.

b4LHV.jpg

People with very little knowledge of Arjun and its capabilities giving their reviews whereas experts and trials result are being ignored.

Indians should be happy that people are underestimating Arjun, both MKI and MKII.

34213800.jpg

judging by this i think it has

People with very little knowledge of Arjun and its capabilities giving their reviews whereas experts and trials result are being ignored.

Indians should be happy that people are underestimating Arjun, both MKI and MKII.

i think even mk1 was good enough, but mk2 is simply world classs. its a nail in coffin that india has arrived in the tank arena on the world stage.

I am gonna use my noob/fanboy brain to try to explain.

I think in ERA (Explosive Reactive armor) A bit of explosive material is sandwiched between two plates so when the shell hits the plate rather than the shell penetrating all the way through the explosive blows the round outward deflecting the shell and reducing the penetrating ability.

As for NERA I am not even sure if there is something like this. But if there is then it basically means a block of armor that doesn't have explosive in it. More of a bullet protection vest for the tank except its blocks larger shells.

There is indeed something called NERA.All modern western tanks use them in their base armor as a 'dynamic protection elements'.In case of NERA (Non Explosive/Energatic Reactive Armor),multiple layers of vulcanised rubber are inserted into the base armor or fitted over the base armor as add on like used on the Leopard 2A5/6.
Designers had seen that when highly compressed rubber,when hit by a high kinetic energy,it creats bulge at the point of impact which automaticaly increases the effective LOS thickness of the armor and also minimizes the damage on the ceramic bricks.
Moreover,NERA (though pound by pound less effective against FSAPDS rounds compared to ERA) if thick enough,can protect against multiple shaped charge HEAT warheads unlike ERA which is use and throw system. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think our defence industry should revolutionize our manufacturing abilities like CHina. The edge that the Chinese have is the abiity to incorporate changes very quickly into a product. In fact, they have the fastest ability to adapt changes to their end products by developing manufacturing expertise. If we can do so, we can changes on the drawing board become a reality damn quick. That should be an area where we put some focus.

Back
Top Bottom