What's new

AREX REX AKB-15 assault rifle (Slovenia)

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
REX AKB-15 assault rifle was developed by Slovenian company AREX. First displayed in 2015, by mid-2018 it is reported to be in low rate initial production.

AREX REX AKB-15 assault rifle

REX AKB-15 assault rifle is based on the Serbian (ex-Yugoslavian) Zastava M70 assault rifle, which, in turn, is a clone of the Soviet Kalashnikov AKM rifle. AKB-15 uses same receiver and internals (bolt group, trigger group, safety/selector) as its parent weapon. Key modifications include changes to the front and rear trunnions of the receiver and the all-new top cover, machined from aluminum alloy. Top cover extends forward almost up to the gas block, and at the rear end contains a separate backplate to which a buttstock is attached. Top cover connects to the receiver via three cross-pins, one above the barrel breech and two more at the rear of the receiver. To remove top cover, one has to pull all three pins out and then raise the cover with attached shoulder stock off the receiver. Rest of the disassembly is carried out more or less similar to any other Kalashnikov AK-type rifle. Side-folding shoulder stock is made from plastic and is adjustable for length of pull.

AREX REX AKB-15 assault rifle

Specification Value
Full text name AREX REX AKB-15 assault rifle (Slovenia)
Caliber cartridge 7.62x39 M43
Action type select-fire
Trigger type sa
Overall length, mm 874-798
Length, folded, mm 729
Barrel length, mm 405
Weight empty, kg 3,6
Magazine capacity, rounds 30
Cyclic rate of fire, rounds/min 600

http://modernfirearms.net/en/assault-rifles/slovenia-assault-rifles/rex-akb-15-2/

@Horus @Path-Finder @Arsalan @balixd @Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah

No one can beat AK. It is a Mona Lisa of Guns.
Yes, that is why Galil borrowed a lot from it :).

Galil/R4 is superb 5.56mm weapon which also cannot be beaten. As hard as an AK - reliable but more accurate than AK for same range.

Because you cant go wrong with it, its so damn reliable that a oerson will have a meltdown and.die but this weapon wont....
But according to @Horus Type 56 used by us gets heated up really fast. Also the Quetta Policeman who was fighting those church attackers I think his Assault Rifle got jammed twice that is why he switched to Handgun

Gun heating up have more to do with metallurgy than manufacturing, though the later is not irrelevant. I will prefer buying gun from a country that have a long history of arms manufacturing and heavy arms manufacturing, hoping they will have better metallurgy expertise. For me, though catching up at lightening pace, China do not falls into that category yet.

Gun heating up have more to do with metallurgy than manufacturing, though the later is not irrelevant. I will prefer buying gun from a country that have a long history of arms manufacturing and heavy arms manufacturing, hoping they will have better metallurgy expertise. For me, though catching up at lightening pace, China do not falls into that category yet.
Czech are amongst the best in this field.

Czech are amongst the best in this field.
Indeed!! Among the very best in this field, the Czech.
I think Poland is good too. Some of the former Soviet states have also inherited the knowledge.

Indeed!! Among the very best in this field, the Czech.
I think Poland is good too. Some of the former Soviet states have also inherited the knowledge.
Yes.... absolutely. Love CZ.. Incredibly reliable and superb engineering.

No, Poland is so so, not to the level of Czech; they had a long history of excellent weapons. If I look at the Polish side arms the finish is just not there, you still need to machine a few bits here/there to make it perfect - long ago had the polish Makarov - so so; but when you compare it to CZ-83; CZ83 is just a beauty.

For CZ - never once had any issues - CZ75B is what i have going on to over 25+ years - i lost count now.

Last edited:
Yes.... absolutely. Love CZ.. Incredibly reliable and superb engineering.

No, Poland is so so, not to the level of Czech; they had a long history of excellent weapons. If I look at the Polish side arms the finish is just not there, you still need to machine a few bits here/there to make it perfect - long ago had the polish Makarov - so so; but when you compare it to CZ-83; CZ83 is just a beauty.

For CZ - never once had any issues - CZ75B is what i have going on to over 25+ years - i lost count now.
You never know this GROT I mean Polish Rifle could turn out to be their major break through in developing good firearms as it's based on ACR

Back
Top Bottom