What's new

Are You Happy With the Work Culture in Pakistan?

Sherry123

New Recruit

Reaction score
When you hear the word ‘work’ what comes to your mind? Required to earn money? Stress and exhaustion? Waking up early? Endless hours spent at the office? Spending half the day being drained of energy and losing the will to enjoy anything? Too much pressure?

The country’s social problems play their part in establishment of unsuitable work conditions. With the steady population increase, the unemployment rate of the country is on the rise. The employees are easily replaceable and exploitation is common. As a result, the impact of the office norms on the employee is ignored in Pakistan. There is heavy workload, unsuitable office environments, long working hours, low wages and even gender discrimination. As a result, employees find it hard to be productive at work.

There’s a large body of research that suggests that regardless of any reasons for working long hours, overwork is not beneficial. The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health has found that it leads to depression, diabetes, impaired memory and sleep. In Pakistan, companies don’t even offer medical insurance because of lack of proper laws – there is no accountability to ensure the employees are mentally and physically fit.

Extensive working hours is only the tip of the iceberg of problems that our work culture faces. It doesn’t create a facilitating environment for women to reach their potential because of gender discrimination and low wages. According to a recent online poll, 58% of the Pakistani professionals feel there is gender discrimination in their workplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
totally dissatisfied with work culture in pak. in some organizations people dont work at all. in some organizations and offices work is done through rishwat only give them the required rishwat and your job will be done and in some organizations employees are over worked. drastic reforms are required.

He stopped posting after he got Job, now dis satisfied came back to share his problem at work place. :coffee:

I sympathize with him.
I was just curious and was also wondering that an account inactive for so long still survived...

Work Life Balance in Pakistan needs proper legislation.
Most people in Pakistan, take their work home and that hampers the social experience of a human being.

There wont be anyone who will say that yes he is happy
also
there wont be anyone who is willing to actually change it for himself.

when I joined my first job after graduation, I was scolded by seniors that I was not calling them "Bhae" and was calling them by their names,

Back
Top Bottom