What's new

Are you for or against Indo-US JD projects?

Are you for or against the latest US offers for Joint developments?

• I am for it

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • I am against it

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I prefer a wait and watch and will see where it goes.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
India is way behind USA in technology... so what will be the use of JV? what will India bring to table..
its just a way to avoid being seen selling weapons ... americans learnt it from russians/israelis..

Yes we don't bring much to the table but in the end we get Know- How by sponcering their R&D and can work on that to improve further and then produce them in house itself. Don't you think Nirbhay is very much based on Brahmos ??And what do you think we will do with Barak-8 ??We won't sit on that tech itself ,it would be further improved.

Yes we don't bring much to the table but in the end we get Know- How by sponcering their R&D and can work on that to improve further and then produce them in house itself. Don't you think Nirbhay is very much based on Brahmos ??And what do you think we will do with Barak-8 ??We won't sit on that tech itself ,it would be further improved.
I am very skeptical about Indian govt companies absorbing technology..

India is way behind USA in technology... so what will be the use of JV? what will India bring to table..
its just a way to avoid being seen selling weapons ... americans learnt it from russians/israelis..
It a way to transfer technology it seems. I am for it, nothing comes close to superior US weapons. Need of the hour, China's behavior will also push us close to US.

We should be willing to co develop, not just in military sphere but also in pharma, electronice, heavy engineering, with all favorable partners.... India can learn a lot about management of research projects, Quality culture and industrial safety from US.

Apart from US, other countries to keep a keen eye on are Israel, Russia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Sweeden.

The situation of all the domestic started defense projects its such a mess that it will be better to go in joint ventures with US

He demitted office in February itself and after that I do remember Chuk Hagel linking India with turbulence in Pakistan.

Ashton Carter was nominated and given a brief to develop the Indo US development cooperation by Mr. Panetta.

And, Chuck Hagel wasnt pentagon chief when he said that about India.

I am not against it! but i am also concerned on how much damage it will cause to the indo-russian ties. having friendly relations and having strategic relations is totally different thing. I am sure it will hamper Indo-Russian ties. end result will be china getting closer to Russia or Russian weapons sale to Pakistan! which is inevitable then!

I am not against it! but i am also concerned on how much damage it will cause to the indo-russian ties. having friendly relations and having strategic relations is totally different thing. I am sure it will hamper Indo-Russian ties. end result will be china getting closer to Russia or Russian weapons sale to Pakistan! which is inevitable then!

Nations don't build friendship on fear but they do it on interests/importance. If we are important to Russians they will be our friends no matter what. If we are not important then no matter how much we @ss lick they will dump us. Its not very different from relationships in real life :D

There are two obstacles in that case.

1# China and Russia targets almost same class of countries for their defence hardware exports and I don't think Russia will allow copy cat China to eat into their market.

2# Russia neither believes in dole outs and nor in giving soft loans , they need hard cash upfront , so Pakistan being cash strapped is pretty much out of equation. Pakistan is already using some of their platforms and that never made any significant difference.

Unless you are a CPM fan who paints America as the embodiment of the Monopoly guy - you can't be against India-US joint development in weaponry.

Its a no no from me.

We all know the mentality of uncle SAM..........

If you are useful to them they will give all kinds of help, money, and "lalach" to you. You will fall preay to all this and your are gone.
There is no doubt that their tech is the best in the world. But their intensions are also the worst in the world. You just can't trust them.
Tech is available to us from many countries. Iserial, Russia, South Kores, and many get JV with them.

If US is so commited let them declair that all thos restricting lows loke CISCOM or any thing like that is not applkicable to India. No end use monitoring. We have C130, C17,INS Jalsshwa but we can not teck them in conflict zone. What the use of weapons if you cant use them when needed.

Its a no no from me.

We all know the mentality of uncle SAM..........

If you are useful to them they will give all kinds of help, money, and "lalach" to you. You will fall preay to all this and your are gone.
There is no doubt that their tech is the best in the world. But their intensions are also the worst in the world. You just can't trust them.
Tech is available to us from many countries. Iserial, Russia, South Kores, and many get JV with them.

If US is so commited let them declair that all thos restricting lows loke CISCOM or any thing like that is not applkicable to India. No end use monitoring. We have C130, C17,INS Jalsshwa but we can not teck them in conflict zone. What the use of weapons if you cant use them when needed.

This is news to me, who said c130, C17, jalashwa or P8I cannot be used during war?

Back
Top Bottom