What's new

Are We Underestimating China's Military?

Im talking militarily. "with us or against us" only works against third rate powers like Iraq and Libya.
The idea of a war against China is absurd.

Confrontation does not mean an all out war...There are numerous other ways to confront any state. Sanctions,economic isolation,asymmetric warfare etc etc for which US has dependable allies in the region and across the world if US decides to go that route against a growing China while China hardly has any dependable ally to counter balance that.

That's the point I am trying to make it here.

Confrontation does not mean an all out war...There are numerous other ways to confront any state. Sanctions,economic isolation,asymmetric warfare etc etc for which US has dependable allies in the region and across the world if US decides to go that route against a growing China while China hardly has any dependable ally to counter balance that.

The same thing goes to India as well! It's because we both are non alliance countries. In real situation the allied forces don't make up more strength than US alone, and Korean war would be a good example.

"...the U.S. has very capable allies and ones that share its values and interests in many ways.."

This really is a serious drawback for PRC. There exist no capable ally of China as we speak of. North Korea is a big joke. Russians are nothing but backstabbers.. so really PRC cant trust them in case of crisis.

China has no real allies because all the potential allies is just China now.

Why does Europe and South East Asia have allies? They are divided, China would have allies too, but we are a united nation. If Europe was still Rome, and Middle east was still the Ottomans, they have no allies too.

But this is not a weakness, but a strength.

not a great point I got to say, US cannot cut China out, China cannot cut US out, this embargo is stupid, no one in Washington is sure what will happen if embargo is placed on us, but I am quite sure, WW3. Embargoes are about the same as declaring war.

Economically Japan, Korea, South East Asia, needs China more than US, it will be increasingly so in the next 20 years. Mostly because we are so close.

I'm not making this topic to prove our superiority. It was not my intention. My intention is to show the US never been right in their estimation of our strength, whether by hyping up our capability for increase budget or degrading us as "Paper Tiger" to show their superiority. One thing remains constant and fact, we do like to surprise people. LOL

I'm not making this topic to prove our superiority. It was not my intention. My intention is to show the US never been right in their estimation of our strength, whether by hyping up our capability for increase budget or degrading us as "Paper Tiger" to show their superiority. One thing remains constant and fact, we do like to surprise people. LOL

You have access to classified Pentagon briefings??? And I don't mean the crap they stand in front of Congress saying.

Or you just saying things just for the sake of saying?

Point Taken and acknowledged

You have access to classified Pentagon briefings??? And I don't mean the crap they stand in front of Congress saying.
So you are saying the annual report to Congress is a lie? Do you know lying to congress is a serious crime? LOL

Being a member of Congress does not allow you access to classified information.
The Congress is the ultimate decision maker of the USA. There is no need for the Pentagon to lie to Congress about China capability. In fact, they should be as honest as possible to give Congress the right idea to allocate a budget and make an appropriate response. Now I don't believe a single thing that come out of the USA can be accurate, whether underestimating or overestimating our capability. Our military is one of the world most secrecy.

The Congress is the ultimate decision maker of the USA. There is no need for the Pentagon to lie to Congress about China capability. In fact, they should be as honest as possible to give Congress the right idea to allocate a budget and make an appropriate response. Now I don't believe a single thing that come out of the USA can be accurate, whether underestimating or overestimating our capability. Our military is one of the world most secrecy.

The military only gives congress reasons for justifying their unclassified spending. They will paint any picture that suits that spending level.

As I said before they were notorious for overestimating Soviet strength to get it.

The military only gives congress reasons for justifying their unclassified spending. They will paint any picture that suits that spending level.

As I said before they were notorious for overestimating Soviet strength to get it.

And now the US defence budget is shrinking, and will continue to shrink for the foreseeable future?

All the scaremongering in the world doesn't help, if there is no money in the budget.

Point Taken and acknowledged

And now the US defence budget is shrinking, and will continue to shrink for the foreseeable future?

All the scaremongering in the world doesn't help, if there is no money in the budget.

Lets face it my American & Chinese friends - Prosperity has made you both soft - You can't fight anymore ! :p:

You used to be the Wonder Woman & Bat Girl now you're more like a Swimsuit Model & Vicky Zhao respectively ! :bunny:

But Vicky Zhao is :wub: so I'd always stand with her ! :kiss3:

Lets face it my American & Chinese friends - Prosperity has made you both soft - You can't fight anymore ! :p:

You used to be the Wonder Woman & Bat Girl now you're more like a Swimsuit Model & Vicky Zhao respectively ! :bunny:

But Vicky Zhao is :wub: so I'd always stand with her ! :kiss3:

thanks, you wouldn't came after me again hehehehe :p: :bunny:

Not to mention the fact that there are lots of 'off the books' black project toys. US will always be advancing no matter what the gloom and doomers wishful thinking might be.

Back
Top Bottom