What's new

Are these currency exchange guys legit? They're called "pakistancurrency" established in 2003

Zyzz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I contacted them and their rates are too good to be true.
Their rates are
1 HKD = 19 PKR

but the thing is
the current live rate at all banks is 1 HKD = 17 PKR

Why are they giving out more PK rupees? suspect af
I honestly feel like i will be mugged if i ever exchange with them just because of that 19 PKR rate. just not believable.

Their website is http://www.pakistancurrency.com/about

Yes legit...Its quite famous exchange company. Inter bank and open market rate difference

What are the chances of me being mugged if i ever to exchange 10000 HKD?

@war&peace @War Thunder @Zibago @Hiraa @LoveIcon @Imran Khan
not hating, i am just curious as i want to be as safe as possible. also am i even allowed to bring 10000HKD in cash with me into Pakistan? i think they don't allow anything over 30,000 Rupees iirc? or is it 30,000 of any currency?

Best to call and check with the Pakistani embassy in your country mate. They are the best source to guide you on this. I have never used that exchange so can't really say. But I think a safer option would be to travel with the HKD's and exchange on the go after hitting down in Pakistan (not anywhere near the airport though)...

The exchange rate in open market are always higher than bank rates (except when money changers or bank mafia try to manipulate). So, there's no abnormality here. Restriction is on taking money out of country, for incoming there's no restriction, you only have to declare it with customs if you are bringing more than certain limit.

The exchange rate in open market are always higher than bank rates (except when money changers or bank mafia try to manipulate). So, there's no abnormality here. Restriction is on taking money out of country, for incoming there's no restriction, you only have to declare it with customs if you are bringing more than certain limit.
Honestly
i want to bring with me 25,000 HKD(i am worried about those corrupt customs officer, because of them i have decided not to bring my drone after reading horror stories online)
exchange it at one of these exchanges and then open a bank account in pak(NBP, UBL, HBL) and deposit it there, do you think they are going to ask me weird questions as to where i got all this money etc? I only want to deposit in a bank there so that i can use the ATM card to withdraw them bit by bit instead of carrying the bundle and looking over my shoulder constantly.

not hating, i am just curious as i want to be as safe as possible. also am i even allowed to bring 10000HKD in cash with me into Pakistan? i think they don't allow anything over 30,000 Rupees iirc? or is it 30,000 of any currency?
sorry dear i have no idea about it . as i know money exchange are at blue area and airport .

Honestly
i want to bring with me 25,000 HKD(i am worried about those corrupt customs officer, because of them i have decided not to bring my drone after reading horror stories online)
exchange it at one of these exchanges and then open a bank account in pak(NBP, UBL, HBL) and deposit it there, do you think they are going to ask me weird questions as to where i got all this money etc? I only want to deposit in a bank there so that i can use the ATM card to withdraw them bit by bit instead of carrying the bundle and looking over my shoulder constantly.

Dude, 25000 HKD will not be problem, you don't need to declare it. However, I will advise to bring USD as it will be convenient and exchange as per your need. If you have Visa/Master debit/credit card then you can use them in most of places and also to withdraw PKR from ATMs. Opening Bank Account will not be easy, specially these days.

May be you can get the currency exchanged in your country to PKRs and bring it here. Well, it is not so common to get mugged especially if you are smart. Just don't announce to everyone on the street that you have 30000 HKD with you. Follow the normal precautions and you will be pretty much safe...as safe as in HK or better. But don't bring out huge cache of cash every time to go to a cashier counter for the payment. Islamabad and Lahore are pretty safe...certain areas in Karachi, you need to be careful ..there used to be mobile snatchers so do not stand alone on the road with your latest smart phone (though I have done that many times and nothing happened but not everyone is that lucky) ... because then you're inviting for the trouble but it is in just certain area of Karachi..try to feel the vibe of the area...rest it is pretty safe and safe emergency numbers and keep an extra cheap cell phone for calling when you are in such areas ...also it provides you a layer of safety in something happens so you can contact police and emergency services... and yeah make good friends with locals and then you are pretty much safe..

check at FIA or pakistan customs website i think you can bring it as pakistanis do not restrict however to be safe you may also want to check with the country you are departing from if you are allowed to carry this much cash

most of the exchanges are safe in khi there are cases of muggings but lahore and isl pretty safe , best bet to be very safe is go to the exchange in the malls they have ample security and no one can dare mug any one inside a mall

check at FIA or pakistan customs website i think you can bring it as pakistanis do not restrict however to be safe you may also want to check with the country you are departing from if you are allowed to carry this much cash

most of the exchanges are safe in khi there are cases of muggings but lahore and isl pretty safe , best bet to be very safe is go to the exchange in the malls they have ample security and no one can dare mug any one inside a mall

What are your thoughts on pakistancurrency.com
Are they reliable?

What are your thoughts on pakistancurrency.com
Are they reliable?
In khi didnt see them much as i said go to the mall whichever city u visiting and get it done there u can negotiate also better to carry usd than hk currency

Honestly
If you have a bank account in pakistan why not send tge money from HK to pak via bank to bank. Simple safe and no headaches

In khi didnt see them much as i said go to the mall whichever city u visiting and get it done there u can negotiate also better to carry usd than hk currency

I would have to convert them to USD then lol and you know the whole fuss of rates etc

If you have a bank account in pakistan why not send tge money from HK to pak via bank to bank. Simple safe and no headaches

I don’t have a bank account in pak tbh
That’s why this is troubling

Back
Top Bottom