What's new

Are people on the subcontinent embarrassed about the state of their countries?

Extremely embarrassed about the rapes in our country and the reputation we have gotten over the past 5 years.

Also embarrassed about this government and its goons, but at least I am reasonably confident that the larger part of my countrymen are equally disgusted and that this does not reflect who we are.

Cheers, Doc

As Bangladeshis and others can attest, Pakistanis have more experience in these matters than most other peoples.

@TruthTheOnlyDefense
And what about Israeli brutalities against Palestinians? You are a hypocrite of the biggest proportions.

Are Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc embarrassed about the state of their countries? Corruption, sexual harassment, child abuse, rape.

Poor infrastructure, filth everywhere, lack of sanitation, slums (I have never been to Pakistan or Bangladesh so not sure if this is true).

I know Indians like to lie about their country about how beautiful, safe etc it is, but we all know that is a lie.

So arent you people embarrassed about your countries?
Are you not embarrassed about the state of your nation? Bikini culture, extramarital affairs, women dressing in a promiscuous manner.

Before criticizing other societies look at yours own first.

Stop Trigger-typing .

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...-indian-because-i-was-afraid-2015-1?r=US&IR=T

NICHOLAS CARLSON
JAN 11, 2015, 2:46 AM
Fahad KhanFahad Khan: ‘There is no place like America in the world for entrepreneurs but being an immigrant does come in the way sometimes.’
Fahad Kahn is a proud American citizen and Pakistani-American.

But, in the industry he’s chosen to work, Kahn hasn’t always felt comfortable revealing his origins.

Kahn is a serial entrepreneur who has founded several companies in the tech sector.

Currently, he is the chairman of one, a marketing firm named One Public, and the CEO of another, Tube Centrex.

A couple weeks ago, we were out with Kahn having coffee and he told us that when he first moved to the United States and entered the tech industry, he sometimes quietly allowed people to believe he was born in India, not Pakistan.

We asked him to explain why he did this. In an email, Kahn sent this thoughtful reply:

I’m a very proud Pakistani-American. When I immigrated to the U.S. few years back, I was very afraid of discrimination based on my name, faith and origin. Whenever I was asked about my origin, I used to say I was from Lahore, which is my hometown. Many people confused Lahore with Bangalore and assumed it was in India. I never corrected them, thinking that Indian label might be better for business.

Overtime I realised that everyone is an immigrant in America. When I’m asked the origin question now, I say, “I’m a first-generation American and where are you originally from?”

To be clear, there is no place like America in the world for entrepreneurs but being an immigrant does come in the way sometimes. I won’t say there is a race issue in tech, but if I were born here and white, all else constant, I would have been 10 years ahead of where I am today.
Wow, I would never want to pass off as an Indian.

Look at your Kareena Kapoor actress, she wants to pass off as a Pakistani. :lol:

I can pass off as a Pakistani: Kareena Kapoor
4th September 2012 | Dawn.com
Bollywood's hottest and most talked about couple Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan chat with Shayan Shakeel for Dawn.com and Images on Sunday. The soon-to-wed duo talk about their films, families, future and what acting means to them.

113 Comments
Email
Print
More

In pictures: The unmatchable pristine beauty of snowbound Kalam valley

Restoration of peace in Karachi paved way for healthy activities, says CM Shah

In pictures: Life slowly comes to a halt as polar vortex grips the midwest regions of the US

In wartime Yemen, children find solace in music

Lightning and heavy rain hits Karachi

Unwanted Afghan refugees pin hopes on PM Imran Khan's promise for citizenship

Pomp, pageantry and protocol: Visuals from UAE crown prince's brief visit to Islamabad
https://www.dawn.com/news/746935

Back
Top Bottom