What's new

Featured Arab foreign ministers: Ethiopia should refrain from filling the Renaissance Dam without agreement

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada

5ef203ae42360479b33afbb2.jpg

Arab foreign ministers today called on Ethiopia not to start filling the reservoir of the Renaissance Dam before reaching an agreement, stressing that Egyptian and Sudanese water security is an integral part of Arab national security.

The ministers gathered through the video conference stressed the rejection of any action or measure that affects the rights of all parties in the Nile waters.

They expressed appreciation for the initiative of Sudan to call for holding rounds of negotiations that were held during the period from May 25 to June 17 this year in order to reach an agreement on the rules for filling and operating the Renaissance Dam.

On Monday, Egyptian Foreign Minister, Sameh Shoukry, warned that if the UN Security Council does not succeed in stopping Ethiopia from starting to fill the Renaissance Dam before negotiation, Egypt will be "frank and clear in its action."

For its part, Sudan also confirmed yesterday that it had not agreed with Ethiopia on the process of filling the dam.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1...-إثيوبيا-الامتناع-عن-ملء-سد-النهضة-دون-اتفاق/

this dam filling will dry sudan egypt issue must be solved

Egypt: Our actions will be "straightforward and clear" in case the Security Council fails to stop Ethiopia from starting to fill the Renaissance Dam

"Egypt insists that an agreement can be reached, but only on condition that it is negotiated in good faith," Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry told the Associated Press.

He added: "If the Security Council does not succeed in stopping Ethiopia's efforts to start filling the Renaissance Dam before negotiating and arriving at filling and operating bases, we will find ourselves in a position to deal with, and Egypt will be very frank and clear in the action it will take."

Shukri said, "The responsibility of the Security Council is to address a threat closely related to international peace and security, and surely the unilateral actions taken by Ethiopia in this regard will constitute such a threat."

Shukri warned that filling the Dam without an agreement would violate the 2015 Declaration of Principles and exclude a return to negotiations.

Shukri stressed that the Egyptian government did not threaten military action and sought a political solution, and worked to convince the Egyptian public that Ethiopia has the right to build the dam to achieve its development goals.

On military action, Shoukry said, "Over the past six years, Egypt has never even made an indirect reference to such possibilities."

Shukry called on the United States and other members of the Security Council, along with African countries, to help reach an agreement that "takes into account the interests of the three countries," and said that Egypt affirms that an agreement can be reached, but "it must be negotiated in good faith."

He added that any future deal on the Nile water shares should take into account that Ethiopia has other water sources besides the Nile.

Last Friday, Ethiopia announced that it would start filling the dam reservoir in July, after the last round of talks with Egypt and Sudan failed last week to reach an agreement governing how to fill and operate the dam.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1...لس-الأمن-بإيقاف-إثيوبيا-عن-بدء-ملء-سد-النهضة/

Smuggled Turkish weapons seized in Sudan's Gedaref state, en route to Ethiopia

5ef21a714236047c7c4f578a.JPG

The Sudanese authorities announced that the Military Intelligence Division in the eastern Gedaref State, seized arms and ammunition smuggled on its way to Ethiopia, and six suspects were also arrested.

The designated governor of Gedaref, Major General Nasrudin Abdul-Qayyum, when he stood at the headquarters of the Division, today, Tuesday, on the size of the seizures in the presence of the members of the State Security Committee, that these smuggled weapons included 25 Kalashnikov rifles, 80 Turkish pistols, and quantities of Dushka and Kalashnikov ammunition.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1127398-ضبط-أسلحة-تركية-مهربة-ولاية-القضارف-السودانية/

Last edited:

Smuggled Turkish weapons seized in Sudan's Gedaref state, en route to Ethiopia

5ef21a714236047c7c4f578a.JPG

The Sudanese authorities announced that the Military Intelligence Division in the eastern Gedaref State, seized arms and ammunition smuggled on its way to Ethiopia, and six suspects were also arrested.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1127398-ضبط-أسلحة-تركية-مهربة-ولاية-القضارف-السودانية/

Really, are you that dumb?

Why would Turkey smuggle arms through Sudan, when their largest oversea military base is located just next door in Somalia?

since I opened my eyes, I have seen nothing but treason and betrayal to Islam and Muslims from this Arab league, its the club of the shittiest most treasonous evil hypocrites ever, the enemy number one to Islam, all they care about is how to kill Muslims (for example they support Assad and support besieging Gaza and the war on Yemen ...), and normalize relations with the Jews !!

This guy is unbelievable. Completely without dignity or any ability to separate truth from falsehood.

How do you think Arabs are ruled like sheeps without freedom or rights etc. Because of people like this who believes everything

since I opened my eyes, I have seen nothing but treason and betrayal to Islam and Muslims from this Arab league, its the club of the shittiest most treasonous evil hypocrites ever, the enemy number one to Islam, all they care about is how to kill Muslims (for example they support Assad and support besieging Gaza and the war on Yemen ...), and normalize relations with the Jews !!
We learned it in the 60s. While the Cypriot Muslim children were massacred in the bath tubs, while there was a genocide throughout the island; The Arab league had declared to support Greece.

EEPJdieXoAA9xZ7

Last edited:

West gave them thrones with one condition. Do whatever we ask you to do or lose your throne and your people will hang you up. This is how the life goes in most Arab lands.

Arab League is a traitor of Arab Ummah.
Ethiopia have full right to built and fill the dam

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom