What's new

Apple's iPhone is now China's largest smartphone brand

Any indication Harmony OS is widely used in China, or is it preloaded on certain phones only, or do people have to specifically install this OS themselves?
Till end of October, there are 150 million phones installed Harmony OS. As far as I know all Android phones can use it. I installed it because my Huawei phone atoumatically reminded me I can try the new OS. I don't know how other poeple installed it.

If China government asks Tencent to prohibit Apple using Wechat and other apps, I believe Apple's sale in China will be very soon close to zero.
You're right, especially since WeChat has so many functions necessary for life in China.

However such an action, for no apparent reason, would probably just result in the US banning all Chinese phones from using Google and the war would just keep going on

Sometimes makes you wonder if in the 21th century the Chinese are the true free market capitalists and while the Americans are the communists. That fact the Apple is still allowed to sell their phones in China while Huawei can't in America is outstanding and a testament of the maturity of the Chinese.
Its more complex than that. China allows Apple to freely operate and sell in China because apple is also deeply integrated in China's supply chain management and industry. She directly and indirectly employs tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of Chinese people and many Chinese companies are suppliers of apple. So if China cuts off apple she will be as impacted or maybe even more than the US. So it will be an own goal. CCP isn't that stupid I believe, propaganda aside. So China has as much to lose as well.
Moreover, the US can afford to do so since almost no Chinese brand is dominant in the US market or supply chain industry , so the US can easily cut them off without much repercussions. In this regard, the fact remains that the US is still the world's sole superpower and she leads/dominates in most technologies (chips, software, operating systems, aerospace etc you name it) and has allies who they can rely on to put pressure on any adversary, hence they have the luxury and can afford to act the way they want. Huawei's fate showed just how much power the US has over the world's technology.
China by contrast doesn't enjoy such a position as she is still a developing country trying to move up the value chain and become a high income status country . So she needs to be much more careful not to make mistakes that can jeopardise its rise and growth. Hence their more cautious approach even when the US is openly belligerent towards them , they still don't react that radically, compared to say hot tempered middle regional powers like say north Korea or Iran (they don't have much to lose as well, reason they act that way). So ultra nationalists here aside, the CCP has been more level headed not to think they can afford to act like a superpower like the US. They are not on the same level yet .

So to each his own.

Last edited:
I have always maintained that the biggest enemy of the Chinese nation is Chinese people.

After Xi Jinping cleans up there will be less idiots and white worshippers and then the nation will be rejuvenated.
Lool Dude the average person doesn't care much about geo politics and will consume whatever products they fancy/ like or which gives them thebest value fir their money, this talk of nationlism is good, but when it comes to reality and day to day affairs the average person will forget about that and carry on with their lives . Look at India after all the talk of anti China and protests etc, they still consumed/imported more goods from China this year than they did almost in their entire history . Lol
Same with China, despite talk of anti US/West, Western companies/brands still do alot of business in China and make alot of money there. So reality is often different from public talk.

Last edited:
Its more complex than that. China allows Apple to freely operate and sell in China because apple is also deeply integrated in China's supply chain management and industry. She directly and indirectly employs tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of Chinese people and many Chinese companies are suppliers of apple. So if China cuts off apple she will be as impacted or maybe even more than the US. So it will be an own goal. CCP isn't that stupid I believe, propaganda aside. So China has as much to lose as well.
Moreover, the US can afford to do so since almost no Chinese brand is dominant in the US market or supply chain industry , so the US can easily cut them off without much repercussions. In this regard, the fact remains that the US is still the world's sole superpower and she leads/dominates in most technologies (chips, software, operating systems, aerospace etc you name it) and has allies who they can rely on to put pressure on any adversary, hence they have the luxury and can afford to act the way they want. Huawei's fate showed just how much power the US has over the world's technology.
China by contrast doesn't enjoy such a position as she is still a developing country trying to move up the value chain and become a high income status country . So she needs to be much more careful not to make mistakes that can jeopardise its rise and growth. Hence their more cautious approach even when the US is openly belligerent towards them , they still don't react that radically, compared to say hot tempered middle regional powers like say north Korea or Iran (they don't have much to lose as well, reason they act that way). So ultra nationalists here aside, the CCP has been more level headed not to think they can afford to act like a superpower like the US. They are not on the same level yet .

So to each his own.

WOW, USA is so powerful.
So what about inflation and commodity shortages in USA?
Since USA is so powerful, why do you want to reduce tariffs? Why not continue the trade war?
I secretly tell you that if USA persists for another year, China will collapse.

BTW: The Chinese govt did not sanction apple and other companies because China's enemy is populism and China's ally is globalization. Companies such as apple and Tesla support globalization. They are our allies, no matter which country they are. The chip card of USA is not the largest card, China has some bigger card, for example, rare earths. However, China has not used the rare earth brand, and the USA has lost.

Last edited:
Huawei isn't banned. It just doesn't have Google services.
I have a Huawei phone myself, and I can say that while the hardware is good, having no GS sucks really bad, I'll upgrade to a different phone soon.
Huawei smartphone business has always been defacto banned by the U.S. regime coercing or straight out collaborating with U.S. regime backed carrier monopolies not to allow Huawei smartphones on the U.S. market and U.S. media under clout of the U.S. regime is as everyone knows only spreading hate and misinformation about anything regarding China, making it unfeasible for the brand to sell in the U.S.A. Of course you wont hear that but denial from their regime, mediamouthpieces and shills.

Huawei was banned from using Google for security reasons
Everyone knows Huawei was banned for political reason and to shield inferior American products from competition. There was no security concern at all besides the fear that Chinese hardware and brands will reign supreme in a free market.

Apple won the sales champion in October 2021 because the iPhone 13 was launched and other manufacturers did not launch new models.
Dont ruin the anual selfmasturbation session of Americans toiling the fields to feed hungry pigs in China with context and facts they worked hard to ommit and hide at the end of articles for domestic consumption that nobody in America ever even reads past the headline. 😂

Where does china’s own Phone OS stand? China was working on a software that didn’t need Android or iOS, if I remember correctly.
Making Americans who insisted it was a bluff and Huawei was finished for the 100th time so butthurt after reaching several tenmillions of phones, they had their shills and media mouthpieces blatantly lie and fabricate complete bullshit reports and repeatedly insist on the lie that Harmny was "found" to be based on Android so it "doesnt count" or is even just a reskin of Android and the Huawei developed UI somehow also Android because they used it on top of Android before (while telling the Apple fanboys that its a iOS clone at the same time) and keep at least their ignorant double digit IQ portion of their population fooled and give their paid trolls armies something to cope with. 😂

The successfull deployment of Harmony OS also roughly doubled the amount of HMS enduser already, the equivalent of the blocked Google Services that was supposed to kill Huawei because "people cant live without Google".

Last edited:
repeatedly insist on the lie that Harmny was "found" to be based on Android so it "doesnt count" or is even just a reskin of Android and the Huawei developed UI somehow also Android because they used it on top of Android before

No, I think you are the usual butthurt because this OS in development by the great minds of China for years is simply an Android fork. So it's not going to join the OS achievement list of Windows, MacOS, Android, IOS, and others.

Honestly don't get the point of Apple phones. Android is superior and most apps are piratable.

Then again, I'm an PC guy.

Honestly don't get the point of Apple phones.

Mostly because Apple hardware is dependable, updates to issues are done quickly, updates support older devices for a long time, compatibility with other devices built into it so you don't need to download utilities, etc.

Remember Apple controls both hardware and software so they can plan things well in advance to make sure everything works.

Everyone knows Huawei was banned for political reason and to shield inferior American products from competition. There was no security concern at all besides the fear that Chinese hardware and brands will reign supreme in a free market.
If that was the case, they would have banned Xiaomi and Oneplus from using Google services. Arguably, those brands are on par or better than Huawei, also Oneplus was far more popular than Huawei across western world.

If working in an Apple factory assembly line gives you a middle class income then China is doing far worse than anybody is imagining. It is supposedly $700-900 a month.

That will just cover the cost of 1 phone they are making. Yay for the middle class :china:

Haha, now American are bragging and behaving just like Indian to show that they are somehow "superior". Cannot imagine that 10 years ago.

Take a look at the streets of Philadelphia, San Francisco... any big cities: dirties, slums, homeless, tent cities, hungry people. ... And a lot of so-called middle class, who still have a job, in the US do not have a home and have to sleep in their cars.

And you are still brazen enough to compare the US with China. Even the most remote city in China seems to be better off.

Haha, now American are bragging and behaving just like Indian to show that they are somehow "superior". Cannot imagine that 10 years ago.

Take a look at the streets of Philadelphia, San Francisco... any big cities: dirties, slums, homeless, tent cities, hungry people. ... And a lot of so-called middle class, who still have a job, in the US do not have a home and have to sleep in their cars.

And you are still brazen enough to compare the US with China. Even the most remote city in China seems to be better off.

LOL! Sorry for getting you triggered.

Nothing more than a temporary boost from the release of the iPhone 13.

Strong unit sales of the new iPhone 13 already boosted Apple's share of China's smartphone market to over 20% in October, up from less than 5% in September, according to figures from China Academy of Information and Communication Technology (CAICT).

However, the long term trend is clear.

cEQXRG0.png

Because they worship whites like gods. Even the chinese patriots on this forum would bend over and lick the boots of their white master given the chance.

Because they worship whites like gods. Even the chinese patriots on this forum would bend over and lick the boots of their white master given the chance.

When the word visa is mentioned, Sri Lankan turn their heads even faster than Indians.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom