What's new

Apple’s sales in China overtake Lenovo

a true Chinese patriot would never buy an apple product

Technically Lenovo is just a re-branding of the IBM Thinkpad, so by buying Lenovo your pretty much doing the same thing.

Technically Lenovo is just a re-branding of the IBM Thinkpad, so by buying Lenovo your pretty much doing the same thing.

What's your point? His was that revues from buying Lenovo goes to a Chinese company. What are you talking about?

Lol, Thinkpad is old and already out of market. The company now makes everything from i5 laptops to smartphones. But seriously, these Lenovo/Acer/W.E assembly companies require no technology, just marketing strength against parts suppliers in Taiwan and Korea.

if China wishes to develop her own brand then stop using English names 1st, and put restrictions on foreign companies. Chinese people are the consumers now.

I wish India would do that..

The Chinese name is hard for the Non-Chinese folks to pronounce it properly.

So it was a fake Chinese patriot who bought IBM's laptop division to create Lenovo?

Yep. Lenovo's prices are robbery. Not saying that Apple's prices aren't robbery of course, its just like a big robber and small robber.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

But most of the Chinese products specially the cell phones are not upto the par, they still lack many applications compared to the giant nokia or for that matter any other good company , the synchronization is not that good, plus the english language used in them is pretty awful , its like a google translation of chinese into english . but since fews days i had an experience with "YX tel" a "Hong Kong" based company and i am impressed though the graphics are not upto par compared to nokia or samsung but still some good applications in reasonable price.

But for the nokia lovers like me it still lags behind but nonetheless good value for money as they come pretty cheap

i dont feel that way, because i only care about the hardware, which is the same. the software you can rip out and put in your own, especially for PCs. For Chinese consumers specifically I recommend Hasee, they're cheap, tough and work.

I had a classmate that said Apple products showed her individuality. I walked into a lecture hall and 3/4 were using MacBook. Yep, real individualistic indeed. Nothing funnier than drones thinking they're individuals. For the price of a MacBook, I can easily get an Alienware laptop from Dell (Which is still ridiculously overpriced by PC standards) that outperforms it by miles. I also had people tell me I was a hater, hating on people using a superior product. Here is the thing, you are paying Mercedes prices for Honda cars.

Never owned any Apple products, and most likely never will. Turned off by outrageous prices and pompous A-hole Apple users. I swear Steve Jobs could take a dump, call it iPoop and millions of suckers will camp outside of stores to buy it.

Yep. Lenovo's prices are robbery. Not saying that Apple's prices aren't robbery of course, its just like a big robber and small robber.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

i dont feel that way, because i only care about the hardware, which is the same. the software you can rip out and put in your own, especially for PCs. For Chinese consumers specifically I recommend Hasee, they're cheap, tough and work.

Yup in PCs you can do so but my point was regarding cellphones i mean is it possible to change the hell whole software and applications of a cellphone and will the cellphones belonging to the Chinese companies able to support the software and applications used by nokia ? Also as apple is manufacturing in china so aren't apple products cheap in china as compared to the other parts of the world?

Yup in PCs you can do so but my point was regarding cellphones i mean is it possible to change the hell whole software and applications of a cellphone and will the cellphones belonging to the Chinese companies able to support the software and applications used by nokia ? Also as apple is manufacturing in china so aren't apple products cheap in china as compared to the other parts of the world?
Great............

no in fact Apple products are twice as expensive in China because in China, the "I'm unique because I use Apple like millions of others" effect is even more powerful than elsewhere. With such a dumb market how can Apple not jack up prices?

i suck with phones; i just use a 2005 Nokia until I got my BBK music phone a few months ago.

no in fact Apple products are twice as expensive in China because in China, the "I'm unique because I use Apple like millions of others" effect is even more powerful than elsewhere. With such a dumb market how can Apple not jack up prices?

i suck with phones; i just use a 2005 Nokia until I got my BBK music phone a few months ago.

Apple is really asking too much for its products in term of prices i mean you can get nokia or HTC in much lesser price then iphone with almost same applications and stuff , Infact HTC's was half a price of iphone but just as with a bit of innovation in iphone it has set a brand identity so people are really rushing towards it without having a glimpse of knowledge about the competing products , as for nokia i think they are quite fair with their pricing with the exception of few, i still remember when nokia released its new symbian cellphone around 2006 i bought it and after 5 years still using it and it has really lived upto the mark . in these 5 years i haven't spend a penny on it and never ever a fault occurred, that made me a big fan of nokia products .

apple is my favorite brand
mac is totally different platform that why people are now coming to apple platform

You are ignore why Apple is so successful. It partially a status symbol. American companies are still the best marketers around (ever wonder why Americans are so driven to mindless consumption?)

Exactly its just a status symbol and it has been falsely given the most valuable company award. Heck Lockheed Martin and other military and Oil companies in US are much more valuable companies then Apple.

I have never ever bought apple products for myself or family and I have experience with them inside out opened then closed them and done all torture to PCs and Apple laptops and came to the conclusion only an insane person can buy high priced technically bad engineering products like apple macs books/pros who ignored heat and melting problems just to show off their slim laptops.

Believe me Samsung and HTC are the first class first rated products and now my personal favorite the new coming Microsoft Windows Phone.

This current wave will go away in coming months no big deal Lenovo will rise again as their products are becoming more maturer and better designed then even Dell. Just wait as soon HP manufacturing plant shuts down completely across globe, Lenovo and Dell would be back in the driving seat while Apple can go to hell with their animal products lol.

apple is my favorite brand
mac is totally different platform that why people are now coming to apple platform

Bhai who told you people are coming to apple, 99.9% gamers and casual laptop users are staying with PCs/Windows systems due to cost and power factor. Apple is underpowered limited configuration options you buy what Apple wants you to buy a big -ve point.

Check out the whole corporate and industrial and business are into PCs and Microsoft based OS for servers and non server Apple is a flopped one in this area infact it never dared to go there because it can't deliver such a products.

I was wondering why apple has to go with such a dead OS design with same bar grey color and limited user functionality then Windows OS, A big -VE just is annoying you do not have full control of OS at all. Most users even those who have worked with it for years take minutes to find their place in and store files in proper folders so apple feeds you with default folder to store data just as Unix/linux lol forgot apple OS roots lies in Unix.

Back
Top Bottom