What's new

Apple becomes top smartphone vendor in China for the first time

Great achievement by apple. But then again, we shouldn't be surprised. Apple is not even a company anymore its now transcended that to become more like a cult. Since you will hadly see apple fans/user change to another brand/smartphone compared to other smartphone users. Also apple is the worlds biggest tech company by at, its also the most valuable company out there, yes more than eben petrol rich Exxon. Its market valuation more than the GDPs of big middle sized powers and it also has strong IP rights etc which brings it billions of dollars in revenues. Its handsets are considered bove tier 1 I.e in their own league before others come behind. All this makes apple a unique brand /company. Its nearest competitor Samsung, though a behemoth its revenues and valuation still.lag way behind apple. Aplle is regarded as top tier in evey country out there, without exception. To match apple and its quality is a really daunting task I must confess.
Kudos to the Cupertino based behemoth who. Created all by itself a new industry which others are now thriving under and changed the way we all communicate/use our mobile phones. :cheers:

You should not be surprised because its Q4 result, on the back of a major launch. Galaxy note had a similar effect, as well, when it was launched last year. Nothing special here. Xiaomi will have a similar Q1 result this year because it hasjust launched its own premium version.

Do not read too much into it.

American will have to think twice about having war with China.

WTH? 900+ DOLLARS? JESUS....:o: and it still manages to be number 1?:what:
Jeezzz...I wouldn't buy a phone at that price even if you put a knife on my neck. That's ripping off people. :hitwall:
U.S r robbing Chinese ppl ... by 912 USD of Apple Iphone6 Plus. :coffee:

Jeezzz...I wouldn't buy a phone at that price even if you put a knife on my neck. That's ripping off people. :hitwall:
Large number of money needed to pay for Chinese worker wages, welfare and many which will benefit lots of Chinese. :P

Large ? no, only small, ... I guess 4$ / pcs

the price of Iphone Made in China sold in China much more expensive than in other countries
incl. Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Hongkong ...

Large number of money needed to pay for Chinese worker wages, welfare and many which will benefit lots of Chinese. :P

This week, Iphone 6 plus: 5700 RMB (900+ USD) for 16G

In Malaysia, it's at 760$, about 1,000 rmb less than in China.
In my family, we all use Sony Xperia now,

Last edited:
Here it's $1000+. Costlier than China.

760$ == 4500 RMB

BTW Sony Xperia phone sell 2,000 RMB in China market.
00.jpg

Last edited:
Though as #1, iphone's market share is just about 15%, native brands account for about 70% and they have been working hard to become more and more competitive.XiaoMi's engineers work 6*10 per week, the similar as Huawei.
To my knowledge, iphone's tax rate is at least 27% in China, that's why it seems more expensive.

Why so surprised? I just check out on Amazon UK, iphone 6+ 16G costs around 600 pounds(around 900 US dollars).

Annoying Viet.
Why not show mercy to your countrymen,many of whom still have to deposit for many months to pay for an iphone.:pop:

Tell me about it ! I paid $500+ for my Iphone5 s last year. And the guy at AT &T was smiling. Next time, I'm not getting iphone, time to support Sony Xperia...

760$ == 4500 RMB

BTW Sony Xperia phone sell 2,000 RMB in China market.
View attachment 187477

Dude, it looks so handsome !

Tell me about it ! I paid $500+ for my Iphone5 s last year. And the guy at AT &T was smiling. Next time, I'm not getting iphone, time to support Sony Xperia...
Now official Iphone 5s still sell about 4,000+RMB (700+ USD) in China ... but last week when im in ZhenZhou city of HeNan province, i found there's 2,700 RMB (450 USD) Iphone 5s sell in local phone shops ... Im surprised ! Smuggled & Repaired Iphone 5s from S.Korea version ... sell much cheaper in China.

Back
Top Bottom