Transporter
M548
with engine Sofam 250hp
ZL1ysOw4rmc.jpg

Chinese MLRS
Type_85_sdyfgthd000.jpg

scaled.php

images

New 40-Tube Self-Propelled 40x122mm Multiple Launch Rocket System of the Peoples Liberation Army (PLA)

smlrs.jpg

images

40x122mm+Multiple+Launch+Rocket+System-04.jpg

Chinese 122mm SPG IFV.
Chineese interesting design. 122mm Howitzer on IFV Type 70.
The Type 70-I self-propelled howitzer has a simple design. It is one of the first Chinese indigenously designed self-propelled artillery systems. The Type 70-I was introduced in 1970. It was a gap-stop measure increasing mobility of Chinese towed artillery. Some sources suggest that less than 200 of the Type 70-I howitzers were built before production fully stopped.

This turretless artillery system is similar to WW2 assault guns. Such weapons are cheaper to build comparing with conventional artillery systems, however it has a number of drawbacks, such as poor protection of the crew.

The Type 70-I is armed with a Type 54 122-mm towed howitzer, which is a copy of the Soviet M-30 (M1938). It is worth mentioning that in early 1950s Soviets helped China to set up local production of the M-30 howitzers. This SPH is compatible with 122-mm projectiles of the M-30. Maximum range of fire is 11.8 km. The Type 70-I is also capable of direct firing. Secondary armament consists of 7.62-mm machine gun.
Weight only 15ton.
type_70_1.jpg

type_70_1_l1.jpg

TugCGiZr8Gg.jpg

kQVXV-PlbmM.jpg

083f6fdf56df4602027e3606e0ba19f1.jpg

They are not Tanks!!! They are howitsers!!!
In 105mm calibre with range 15km and 90 rounds capacity, They are fast land destroyers.

arma-spg-type-74-jpg.265742

tulpar-spg-type-74-jpg.265669

tulpar-spg-amx-jpg.265668

kaplan-spg-fv433-jpg.265666

kaplan-denel-spg-jpg.265665

arma-spg-jpg.265663

Last edited:
German tank destroyer Pz.Sf,was built in 1940.
0_14bc51_87761737_XL.jpg

0_14bc52_45d65af4_XL.jpg

0_14bc53_21ed8aa9_XL.jpg

0_14bc54_eba243a6_XL.jpg

In 105mm calibre with range 15km and 90 rounds capacity, They are fast land destroyers.

arma-spg-type-74-jpg.265742

tulpar-spg-type-74-jpg.265669

tulpar-spg-amx-jpg.265668

kaplan-spg-fv433-jpg.265666

kaplan-denel-spg-jpg.265665

arma-spg-jpg.265663

How effective 105mm SPGs are in era where armies usually prefer 155mm SPG? Why not much emphasis on 130mm SPG guns towed ones are back bone of many armies?

155mm and 105mm are very different calibers. They use in different places against different enemies.
I dont tell 105mm better than 155mm.

Do you know mean of tactical weapons?
I suppose that we have to give every soldier of our army .50 auto or Javelin. LOL.

I have always wondered which vehicle is more cost-effective for a small armed forces like the Philippines - is it a wheeled armored fighting vehicle or a tracked one when dealing with rebel groups that tend to hide in the jungle?

Currently, the PH Army always used Simba APCs and V-150 Commando AFVs, and even uses KM450 trucks made by Kia which doesn't provide sufficient protection against ambushes and IEDs.

I have always wondered which vehicle is more cost-effective for a small armed forces like the Philippines - is it a wheeled armored fighting vehicle or a tracked one when dealing with rebel groups that tend to hide in the jungle?

Currently, the PH Army always used Simba APCs and V-150 Commando AFVs, and even uses KM450 trucks made by Kia which doesn't provide sufficient protection against ambushes and IEDs.

your question is deserved to be placed at another thread

But as far as my knowledge goes on, let me tell you. Anything who can moving and can withstand against small arms caliber like 5.56 mm NATO or 7.62 mm is fine and great additional for any army. Low level insurgencies the Ph Army faced today is not requiring heavy armored vehicle to wipe out any opposition, until the enemy starting to employ large caliber weapons such as Heavy Machine gun like old Soviet 14.5 mm cal and ma deuce along with anti-tank weapon like RPG-2 and RPG-7. Wheeled or tracked is no problem, but tracked vehicle is great when be used at rough terrain such as forest and rocky places, meanwhile tracked vehicle is good when be used at places with good infrastructure or urban terrain.

In the past Indonesian army using everything she can throw at her enemies to protect our soldiers. like our AVB, alvis saracen and saladin, scorpion, alvis stormer, AMX series and so on.

your question is deserved to be placed at another thread

But as far as my knowledge goes on, let me tell you. Anything who can moving and can withstand against small arms caliber like 5.56 mm NATO or 7.62 mm is fine and great additional for any army. Low level insurgencies the Ph Army faced today is not requiring heavy armored vehicle to wipe out any opposition, until the enemy starting to employ large caliber weapons such as Heavy Machine gun like old Soviet 14.5 mm cal and ma deuce along with anti-tank weapon like RPG-2 and RPG-7. Wheeled or tracked is no problem, but tracked vehicle is great when be used at rough terrain such as forest and rocky places, meanwhile tracked vehicle is good when be used at places with good infrastructure or urban terrain.

In the past Indonesian army using everything she can throw at her enemies to protect our soldiers. like our AVB, alvis saracen and saladin, scorpion, alvis stormer, AMX series and so on.

Ooops, my bad.

Anyways, I do remember an old news that one of the rebel groups - specificallty the MILF has RPG weapon (RPG-2 and RPG-7), which is quite disturbing as it seems the rebel groups are "better armed" than the military itself.

Ooops, my bad.

Anyways, I do remember an old news that one of the rebel groups - specificallty the MILF has RPG weapon (RPG-2 and RPG-7), which is quite disturbing as it seems the rebel groups are "better armed" than the military itself.

if it's the case, then your army need to have a much more heavier platform to give more deterrence against rebel and opposition forces. Modern IFV like Marder or Bradley or KIFV is been known to have additional add on armor to defend themselves against low kinetic projectile like RPG-2/7. Even wheeled design (modern 8x8 IFV) such as gempita, terrex, amv patria and such is been known to be used in hostile area where RPG's is a common threat

Another IMI 160mm MLRS
Transporter
M548
with engine Sofam 250hp
ZL1ysOw4rmc.jpg

The carrier is the hull of a French built AMX-13, not an M548 tracked cargo carrier (M113 family)

These are all photo montages, not actual vehicles.

TAM VCLC
Manufacturer: I.M.I. Israel Military Industries Ltd

Israel loves 160mm rockets. They use them in every platform.
lar_s.jpg

vclc_ereiui1.jpg

vclc_ereiui2.jpg

vclc_l3.jpg

LAR 160 is an Israëli export product, it is in limited use by IDF itself (50 units). Since Israel used to operate AMX-13 tanks, I presume the hull of retired AMX-13s are what the rockets are mounted on in IDF service.

Yes, I know. Because I photoshoped them:)

105mm LAV III Light Self-Propelled Howitzer (LSPH) is armed with Denel's G7 gun – an original design which uses base-bleed ammunition to achieve a range of 30km. Mounted on the Piranha / LAV III / Stryker, the combined system weighs 17.5 tons making a LEO-105 transportable by Hercules. The turret has a limited traverse but this is acceptable for "digitized" shoot-and-scoot tactics. The LSPH fired high explosive projectiles at a maximum range of 31km from a manned turret.
360.jpg

AMX 105 Mk 61 Self propelled Howitzer (casemate)
1277806282zVGPQ7dh.jpg

AMX 105B Mk 62 Self-Propelled Howitzer (limited traverse turret, prototype, trialled for Switzerland)
Panzerhaubitze_AMX_13.jpg

JGSDF Type 74 105 mm Self-Propelled Howitzer (Japan)
JGSDF_Type_74_105_mm_Self-Propelled_Howitzer_01.jpg

FV 433 105 mm Abbot (SP) of the UKs 7th Armoured Division (note 'Desert Rats' logo)
abbot.jpg

Other tracked 105mm spgh's:

US M52 105mm Self-propelled Howitzer
M52_105mm_Self-propelled_Howitzer_Display_in_Chengkungling_20121006a.jpg

US M108 105MM SP HOWITZER
ROCA_M108_howitzer_in_Armor_School_20130302b.jpg

India: IFG 105MM on BMP1/2 chassis. (Abbot replacement?)
url

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom