What's new

Apache, Chinook to serve IAF’s needs into future: Boeing

jaiind

Reaction score
Country
India
Sept 30: Aerospace giant Boeing made its first official statement regarding India's decision to buy 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from the company. Boeing said that both models are the latest ones capable of enhancing India's capabilities across a range of military and humanitarian missions.
India is the 14th nation to select the Apache and the 19th nation to select the Chinook. As reported by OneIndia earlier, Boeing officials confirmed that the Ministry of Defence has finalized its orders for ‘production, training and support' of Apache and Chinook helicopters.

Read more at: Apache, Chinook to serve IAF’s needs into future: Boeing - Oneindia

Sept 30: Aerospace giant Boeing made its first official statement regarding India's decision to buy 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from the company. Boeing said that both models are the latest ones capable of enhancing India's capabilities across a range of military and humanitarian missions.
India is the 14th nation to select the Apache and the 19th nation to select the Chinook. As reported by OneIndia earlier, Boeing officials confirmed that the Ministry of Defence has finalized its orders for ‘production, training and support' of Apache and Chinook helicopters.

Read more at: Apache, Chinook to serve IAF’s needs into future: Boeing - Oneindia
but 22 apaches and 15 chinooks are way too less we need at least 3X the ammount minnimum:feminist:

There will be more orders for these choppers after the initial procurement
i hope india ties up with USA directlli to incorporate latest apache type avionicks & wepons on owr LCH which will make it much much more leathel

i hope india ties up with USA directlli to incorporate latest apache type avionicks & wepons on owr LCH which will make it much much more leathel
apaches are heavier and more lethal compared to lch.

Will HAL be interested in doing that? i mean that will make it a totally foreign tech project while the aim was to build an indigenous platform.

Will HAL be interested in doing that? i mean that will make it a totally foreign tech project while the aim was to build an indigenous platform.
we can at least devout a couple of platforms for R&D for the same to add more teeth to existing/potential LCH fleet :pleasantry:

apaches are heavier and more lethal compared to lch.
LCH is at developing Stage it will be developed into more mature platform
It has also Edge in high altitude strikes due higher ceiling

we can at least devout a couple of platforms for R&D for the same to add more teeth to existing/potential LCH fleet :pleasantry:
You mean get the US give there system to a few LCH so HAL can work on that and after RnD develop something for LCH? I guess it is a bit too far fetched.

You mean get the US give there system to a few LCH so HAL can work on that and after RnD develop something for LCH? I guess it is a bit too far fetched.
why we are not asking or getting them for free we deal in hard cash onli yes USA will over pirce them but whats wrong in doing so for R&D sake when in the end its to make owr existing platforms more potent and leathel :azn:

Can't we fit longbow like firefinding radar into lch??

LCH avionics are almost equal in performance of Apaches except the Longbow MMR & higher payload.

LCH avionics are almost equal in performance of Apaches except the Longbow MMR & higher payload.
Well then @GURU DUTT was wrong in saying that:
??

NKVD, you know better then comparing a helicopter that have fought ACTUAL warS with one that just had its first flight after decades!
If i say anything people will say i am doing so just because i am a Pakistani commenting on India, still, you guys must also be a little bit more sensible with sch claims. Juch kuda khoofi kia kro bahi!!

why we are not asking or getting them for free we deal in hard cash onli yes USA will over pirce them but whats wrong in doing so for R&D sake when in the end its to make owr existing platforms more potent and leathel :azn:
hahaha,, you seriously have no idea of how these things work or are you just kidding?
Thinking they will give you tech for RnD while there is a potential, keeping in view the current needs and previous track record that they can sell the same technology in shape of there very own helicopters is actually a bit more then just far fetched. :)

Well then @GURU DUTT was wrong in saying that:

??

NKVD, you know better then comparing a helicopter that have fought ACTUAL warS with one that just had its first flight after decades!
If i say anything people will say i am doing so just because i am a Pakistani commenting on India, still, you guys must also be a little bit more sensible with sch claims. Juch kuda khoofi kia kro bahi!!

hahaha,, you seriously have no idea of how these things work or are you just kidding?
Thinking they will give you tech for RnD while there is a potential, keeping in view the current needs and previous track record that they can sell the same technology in shape of there very own helicopters is actually a bit more then just far fetched. :)
no sirji you are wrong according to indian reports IAF intends to buy 22+11 apaches while IA palns to buy similar numbers for there air arm with some 150+LCHs and apache can direct/guide wepons other air assets(helicopters and UAVs) on target (somthing what some calle sensor fusing/sharing) in a given combat zone so dont worry that(apache type avionicks) is coming sooner than later on all offensive air assets :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom