What's new

Any Possibility Pakistan getting F-35 jets after 2020?

Guys still this thread is on?
Maybe they give it to us in 2040 so better stay away from these dreams, and build our own 5th Gen fighter!

5th gen planes are much more dependent on electronics and computer codes so even if a country has abundance of spares, those planes will be there for joy ride only incase uncle SAM is not happy. I think we should invest in j-10 and JXXs. Let F-16 be last US fighters in our inventory.

in answer to the thread heading, Pakistan is a 'tier-2' country when it comes to sales of 'high-tech' weaponary - 'tier-2' basically means that the US allows sales of such weapons which are one version below the latest version or a 'export' version.

eg; US released the AIM-120C5 only after the 120C7 was inducted into the 'tier-1' countries which are mainly NATO plus Isreal, ROK, Japan etc.

tier-2 are most western countries plus major non-nato allies.

IMHO the F-35 is a 'no discussion' at this time.

Yes F-16 should be the last fighter of uncle sam, and now we even have J-20 on the table. But I don't see fifth gen fighter in PAF anytime soon, so not a good possibility.

Opportunities Joint Strike Fighter[For Pakistan]
No. After the by USA embargoed deliveries of the F-16, there is a growing cooperation with
the Chinese industry (FC20, export variant of Chinese Chengdu J-10B) and development of
own industry. The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex material started in 2009 with full
production of the JF-17. PAC plans to produce 12 aircraft in 2010 and 15-16 aircraft per year
from 2011. This may eventually be increased to 25 aircraft per year, using a mixed use of
Chinese aircraft technology, Russian engines and latest Western (French) electronics and
weapons [#51.103] .

Taken from Report for Dutch Parliament Sep-2009 Market Analsysis JSF
http://new.isoshop.com/dae/dae/articles/communiques/JSF_MARKETANALYSIS_JOBO.pdf

i think pakistani prefer to buy J-XX instead of f-35 after 2020. however if they want to buy f-35 ,they can buy it whenever they want but it require money. American made this war machine only for sell. any one can buy it.

Before we get a head of ourselves here boys.

Let me explain that Fiffth Generation planes starting price for F35 is $130m each . F22 ARE $250M EACH. Even USA CANNOY AFFORD MORE than 190

That the Russian & chinease fighters are twin engines like F22 less ike JSF and they too will cost $100m+ each.

The running cost of a twin engine JXX/PAK FA will be anything between 2 and 4 times of a typical single seater like F7 OR Thunder.

The pdf MEMBERS are forgetting that the likes of USA/CHINA & even Russia have trillion dollar GDPs multi billion $$$ budgets to afford to buy and maintain this hardware.

fifth gen fighter require fifth gen military budgets.. NO ONE will be giving them away..

Is F-35 really as good as all the hype?

It is worse thrust to weight and not as many hardpoints as F-16

yes it has stealth technology, but some people out there say that stealth technology will be obsolete in a few years. The russians have already claimed to build radars that can detect f-22.

Is F-35 really as good as all the hype?

It is worse thrust to weight and not as many hardpoints as F-16

yes it has stealth technology, but some people out there say that stealth technology will be obsolete in a few years. The russians have already claimed to build radars that can detect f-22.

here we go, guess we cant fix the basic problem here, every1 can join and "grace" us with his "thoughful" comments

1-If JSF would not be as good as you say, then USAF would not have been keen to induct it. If you have hard times in digesting this fact, then disgest it ASA you can, JSF is here to stay and will be certainly at par with all other 5th Gen programs

2- Let me tell you one thing, 5th Gen do not use hard points, they carry their munition internally to reduce signature, however if needed, like Raptor, JSF would also be able to carry munitions externally.

3- What are those some people, carlo kopp or some indians?

Well, to me, Pak-US relations are based on pure needs. It would be possible only if the US would be depended on Pakistan like it is right now for sustaining its supplies in Afghanistan.

The so called strategic relationship between the two are just a fallacy and it has been proven time and again during last 60 years. Pakistan must not think of JSF particularly after JXX has made its median appearance on net and by 2020 PAF would be looking for inducting a new fighter and on the other hand JXX, by that time, would be turned into a mature design.

If US is still engaged in Afghanistan and have an open armed confrontation with Iran -- yes, most likely we will be in position to push for one but than I am no soothsayer or crystal ball reader!!!!

i think pakistani prefer to buy J-XX instead of f-35 after 2020. however if they want to buy f-35 ,they can buy it whenever they want but it require money. American made this war machine only for sell. any one can buy it.

....and dont forget the 'strings' attached to such deals like 'end-user' agreements.

You are asking the wrong question.

What you really should ask is: When Pakistan can *BUILD* a F35 type jet?

Relying on other countries for critical defense weaponry is never a good idea.

Develop your economy, build better universities, train better scientist/engineers, invest more on R/D, this is what a great country such as Pakistan should do.

Comparing to India, I find Pakistan significantly lacking in the development of science and technology. (The same is true with other rich Muslim countries, maybe it is in the culture?)

It is great that China is willing to transfer many key technology to Pakistan, seize the opportunity and build a true indigenous industry base RIGHT NOW.
:pakistan:

Any Possibility Pakistan getting F-35 jets after 2020?

Without F-35 jets it won’t be easy to maintain a strong air defence capability after 2020, If F-35 available for sale can Pakistan afford it, it will be good if Pakistan can get F-35 jets.

After 2020 JF-17 & F-16 (Block 52) won’t be helpful to maintain a strong air defence capability.

You are asking the wrong question.

What you really should ask is: When Pakistan can *BUILD* a F35 type jet?
are you drunk?......this is a very far flungh though at the moment

Relying on other countries for critical defense weaponry is never a good idea.
but building everything inhouse is also not a wise idea as well why to spend huge money on infrastructure when all you need is a limited induction?

Develop your economy, build better universities, train better scientist/engineers, invest more on R/D, this is what a great country such as Pakistan should do
how come? with 60% military spending and 30% debt servicing what can we spend on development. btw how much tax do you pay?

Comparing to India, I find Pakistan significantly lacking in the development of science and technology. (The same is true with other rich Muslim countries, maybe it is in the culture?)
may be because we can not spend on development of science and technology

It is great that China is willing to transfer many key technology to Pakistan, seize the opportunity and build a true indigenous industry base RIGHT NOW.
:pakistan:
okey, but who will provide the funds for this RIGHT NOW you proprietory oil fields?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom