What's new

Any motorcycle riders out here? Want to post photos of your rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“My greatest moments of solitude (my churches) are found in the land, on the road” - Brad Pitt

0e1855e7d4b6e36a30c95f530a91ac42.jpg

Nothing like a chilly ride to warm up with awesome BBQ:

20151019-26--007.jpg

20151019-26--009.jpg

Aish hai boss.

A 2015 F800 GS perhaps?

I was thinking more along the lines of a 1200 GS or GSA. I rode the one that belongs to my friend and liked it a lot. The weight is down low and it handles very well, better than what one would expect. The F800 would not be that much of a change from my KLR. I would like to add a much lighter 250 for trails later on, perhaps.

That's great to hear. My pet peeve with the Kawasaki Ninja 650. Even the bigger Triumph Tiger. Very offputting.

I have a friend with the Tiger 800. Great bike, and about 50 lbs lighter than the GS, but its weight is up high by comparison. What's more, it falls pretty flat on its side, while the GS usually doesn't since it is propped up by the guard over the cylinder heads, so it is paradoxically easier to pick up, "easy" being a relative term here, of course.

I have a friend with the Tiger 800. Great bike, and about 50 lbs lighter than the GS, but its weight is up high by comparison. What's more, it falls pretty flat on its side, while the GS usually doesn't since it is propped up by the guard over the cylinder heads, so it is paradoxically easier to pick up, "easy" being a relative term here, of course.

Isn't the GS a Boxer engine? Which means its not the guard actually but the fact that the engine blocks are jutting out transversely. I would be worried. About frontal impact as well.

Isn't the GS a Boxer engine? Which means its not the guard actually but the fact that the engine blocks are jutting out transversely. I would be worried. About frontal impact as well.

Yes, but the GSA has the guards, and those are options on the GS. A must-have IMO.

Another early morning departure:

HalloweenTrip-02.jpg

HalloweenTrip-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom