What's new

Any egyptians here? Best hotel near Pyramides`?

Ive heard there is an Oberoi hotel in Egypt. Those are quite luxurious hotels.

Ive heard there is an Oberoi hotel in Egypt. Those are quite luxurious hotels.

I think those are the same as the MENA house. There's one near the Pyramids but he won't get the flavor of Egypt staying there the whole 3 days. He's better off in Cairo in one of many other luxury hotels that has the view of the city and Nile and close to the museum and downtown. But it's ultimately up to him of course.

I think those are the same as the MENA house. There's one near the Pyramids but he won't get the flavor of Egypt staying there the whole 3 days. He's better off in Cairo in one of many other luxury hotels that has the view of the city and Nile and close to the museum and downtown. But it's ultimately up to him of course.

I must stay i prefer emptiness. I hate big cities. I was in egypt as a kid. We did a nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan. It was awesome. But Luxor is much smaller than Cairo.

This hotel here looks like a blast

http://menahousehotel.com/

They even book flight + hotel and you have a super cool pyramide view room.

Flight will be with Alitalia. And looks like i can book a driver as well who takes us from airport and brings us there.

I must stay i prefer emptiness. I hate big cities. I was in egypt as a kid. We did a nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan. It was awesome. But Luxor is much smaller than Cairo.

That is one of the best cruises you can take anywhere in the world. It's so relaxing, the view is fabulous and the water for that stretch is very calm, makes the trip quite serene.

Abu Simbel in Aswan is one of the most incredible sites to see. Not only for the ancient Egyptian magnificence of the monument and temple, but also the fact that is was relocated from its original spot below the artificial mountain where it currently resides. They moved it in 1966 as they were getting ready to build the Aswan high dam and had to flood and create Lake Nasser. An amazing feat of engineering.

abu-simbel-03.jpg

The whole process of the monument relocation here: https://dilemma-x.net/2015/04/13/fashback-the-relocation-of-egypts-abu-simbel-temples/

The only thing that could possibly make that cruise any better is to do it in one of your Italian built Azimut 48 flybrdiges. :tup:

yahts_od1.jpg

Then go all the way up through the Delta into the Mediterranean, bang a right and head to Port Said and enter the Suez Canal, enjoy that awesome ride south to the Gulf of Suez and into the Red Sea and all the way south to the tip of Sinai and dock at Sharm El Sheikh.

sharm-el-sheikh-egypt.jpg

sharm_el-sheik-Pharaoh_s_Island-1112x630.jpg

page2.jpg

sharm_el_sheikh_1.jpg

hyatt-regency-29479136-1477475347-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg

13711283.jpg

AFRICAEGYPTEGYPT-REDSEA.jpg

tumblr_o95vu1CR511sfdr4zo1_1280.jpg

That will probably have to wait till your next visit. :-) And I didn't even get into what you would have in store if you banged a left once out of the Nile. Alexandria, El Alamein, Marsa Matruh are just a few of the absolutely mesmerizing places to go on the northern west coast of Egypt. In Mars Matruh you can visit Cleopatra's bath rock. It's a natural rock right at the shore of the white, silky sanded beach that has an entrance and an exit for the water to come in and out and in the middle, it has a pool where the water collects. It was believed that this served as Cleopatra's Jacuzzi.

In Arabic it's called Hammaam Cleopatra or (Cleopatra's bath).

3858997.jpg

15402477.jpg

3859039.jpg

http://menahousehotel.com/

They even book flight + hotel and you have a super cool pyramide view room.

Flight will be with Alitalia. And looks like i can book a driver as well who takes us from airport and brings us there.

Sounds like you're all set. Have a good time and take some pics and post them on this thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom