What's new

Anurudhati Roy About Modi

People of ancient Gandhara aren't much related to modern population. Gandhara didn't contain all of Afghanistan, it was a territory North of Islamabad.

:omghaha:

And how they were related to Indian population? Infact i would say unlike today Pakistan which have between 20-30% ASI component, in those times it most have been pretty low or 0%. How can they be compared to Indians with Indians with average of 60% ASI?

Padamasambhava being blond is trait of Indians right? :lol: The so called Dravidians of Pakistan Brahui, have just 12% ASI. Much lower then Indo-Aryans like Punjabis with 30% or even pashtuns with 20% ASI. Brahui are not related to South Indian dravidians. Speaking English now wont suddenly make you anglo-saxon.

Padmasambhava is from 8th Century AD that means Oddiyana name is also from 8th Century AD. Gandhara is mentioned as Mahajanapada of Ancient India in Buddhist sources around 600BC.

Rigveda 1.126.7

1.126.07 Approach me, (husband); deem me not immature; I am covered with down like a eve of the gandharins.

अमन्दान सतोमान पर भरे मनीषा सिन्धावधि कषियतो भाव्यस्य |
यो मे सहस्रममिमीत सवानतूर्तो राजा शरवैछमानः ||
शतं राज्ञो नाधमानस्य निष्काञ्छतमश्वान परयतान सद्य आदम |
शतं कक्षीवानसुरस्य गोनां दिवि शरवो.अजरमा ततान ||
उप मा शयावाः सवनयेन दत्ता वधूमन्तो दश रथासोस्थुः |
षष्टिः सहस्रमनु गव्यमागात सनत कक्षीवानभिपित्वे अह्नाम ||
चत्वारिंशद दशरथस्य शोणाः सहस्रस्याग्रे शरेणिंनयन्ति |
मदच्युतः कर्शनावतो अत्यान कक्षीवन्त उदम्र्क्षन्त पज्राः ||
पूर्वामनु परयतिमा ददे वस्त्रीन युक्तानष्टावरिधायसो गाः |
सुबन्धवो ये विश्या इव वरा अनस्वन्तः शरव ऐषन्त पज्राः ||
आगधिता परिगधिता या कशीकेव जङगहे |
ददाति मह्यं यादुरि याशूनां भोज्या शता ||
उपोप मे परा मर्श मा मे दभ्राणि मन्यथाः |
सर्वाहमस्मि रोमशा गन्धारीणामिवाविका ||

Show me what they claim.

Check my globalsecurity source ,quoted in the last few pages.

The two major ancient civilizations of the area which is now Pakistan, were the Indus Valley Civilization (Harappa and Moenjodaro) and the Gandhara Civilization (500 BC to 10 AD). Gandhara, being the easternmost province of the Achaemenid Empire of Persia, became a major power in the region. Its two cities - Pushkalavati, or present day Charsadda near Peshawar, and the capital Taxila, were the center of civilization and culture. Gandhara literally means perfumed. It was the name of a great civilization and kingdom in northern Pakistan. It was located in the Valley of Peshawar, the Potohar plateau, Taxila and on the northern side of the river Kabul. Its main cities were Peshawar and Taxila.
Gandhara / Ghandhara

Mixing could have been possible during Kushan empire though.

Kushan and Indus valley civilization, do you know time period of each of them. :omghaha::omghaha: Your knowledge about history of Classical India is totally screwed. :omghaha:

You still need to explain how the name Gandhara has the complex Indic phonology unique only to North Indians. :wacko:

Many western historians agrees with. The recent genetic studies done by Harvard Medical school put the mixing of two races around 2200BC coinciding with Indus valley civilization.

Another lie, only 1 sample out of 132 from all over South Asia was that old. Not everyone mixed 2200bc :azn: The samples they toke range from 1900-4200 years ago. Its believed that there were 2-3 waves of ANI who mixed with ASI.

Kushan and Indus valley civilization, do you know time period of each of them. :omghaha::omghaha: Your knowledge about history of Classical India is totally screwed. :omghaha:

You still need to explain how the name Gandhara has the complex Indic phonology unique only to North Indians. :wacko:

using smilies don't use prove your point. Globalsecurity classifies gandhara and indus valley as different civilisations.

Check my globalsecurity source ,quoted in the last few pages.

Where does it say it wasn't Indian. :omghaha::omghaha: Gandhara became the part of Persian empire around 500BC.

"Gandhara means perfumed" is itself a Sanskrit name, Gandhara word is obtained from the Sanskrit word "Gandha".

Where does it say it wasn't Indian. :omghaha::omghaha: Gandhara became the part of Persian empire around 500BC.

"Gandhara means perfumed" is itself a Sanskrit name, Gandhara word is obtained from the Sanskrit word "Gandha".

Buddhists say Oddiyana ... And the debate was that indus and gandhara civilisation were different.Globalsecurity proved it.

In those days,India did not exist.

:omghaha:

And how they were related to Indian population? Infact i would say unlike today Pakistan which have between 20-30% ASI component, in those times it most have been pretty low or 0%. How can they be compared to Indians with Indians with average of 60% ASI?

Padamasambhava being blond is trait of Indians right? :lol: The so called Dravidians of Pakistan Brahui, have just 12% ASI. Much lower then Indo-Aryans like Punjabis with 30% or even pashtuns with 20% ASI. Brahui are not related to South Indian dravidians. Speaking English now wont suddenly make you anglo-saxon.

My friend worked with some Pakistani Baloch and Pakistani Pashtuns in the gulf. They told him that "Punjabi Muslims only share a common religion with Pashtun and Baloch of Pakistan but Punjabi Muslims are Indian by race and they aren't."

How much logic of skin color obsession that won't work first you need to convince your own people.

Buddhists say Oddiyana ... And the debate was that indus and gandhara civilisation were different.Globalsecurity proved it.

Ancient Buddhist sources dating from 600BC call it Gandhara, Padmasambhava is from 8th century AD. The origin of the word Gandhara is older than the foundation of Buddhism.

India didn't exist as nation state but it did exist as an Indian civilization both recognized by Indians and foreigners.

Another lie, only 1 sample out of 132 from all over South Asia was that old. Not everyone mixed 2200bc :azn: The samples they toke range from 1900-4200 years ago. Its believed that there were 2-3 waves of ANI who mixed with ASI.

Does this negate no mixing took place in 2200BC.

My friend worked with some Pakistani Baloch and Pakistani Pashtuns in the gulf. They told him that "Punjabi Muslims only share a common religion with Pashtun and Baloch of Pakistan but Punjabi Muslims are Indian by race and they aren't."

How much logic of skin color obsession that won't work first you need to convince your own people.

Ancient Buddhist sources dating from 600BC call it Gandhara, Padmasambhava is from 8th century AD. The origin of the word Gandhara is older than the foundation of Buddhism.

Punjabis are pathologically colour obsessed. Now I can see why.

They need to prove to Pushtoons that they are not really Indians.

Look at this @shan guy, obsessing over percentages - "Oh you are 30% ASi, I m only 29%. So naturally Im superior"... Pathetic:disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont need to convince my people, especially your imaginary baloch-pashtun friends. :lol: Your whole theory has been proven to be BS, now you have extended India to Afghanistan. I wonder what they have to say about it :omghaha:

India didn't exist as nation state but it did exist as an Indian civilization both recognized by Indians and foreigners.

there was no term as indian civilisation. It was refered to as hindu .

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/genera...urudhati-roy-about-modi-19.html#ixzz2h1oyXzHL

But the tibetan buddhist sources say otherwise. Refer to as oddiyana. :hitwall:

Punjabis are pathologically colour obsessed. Now I can see why.

They need to prove to Pushtoons that they are not really Indians.

Look at this @shan guy, obsessing over percentages - "Oh you are 30% ASi, I m only 29%. So naturally Im superior"... Pathetic:disagree:

Not really, it mean there are differences. Just like there are differences between pashtun and punjabi despite being neighbours for centuries. Your obsession of claiming our heritage is quite pathetic and proves Indian inferiorty complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont need to convince my people, especially your imaginary baloch-pashtun friends. :lol: Your whole theory has been proven to be BS, now you have extended India to Afghanistan. I wonder what they have to say about it :omghaha:

You know that I am not lying. :omghaha::omghaha: Even Pakistani Pashtuns on this forum has referred Punjabis as Indian by race. :lol:

But the tibetan buddhist sources say otherwise. Refer to as oddiyana. :hitwall:

There was no Tibetan Buddhism in 600BC, it came in 800AD. Oddiyana is not referred to Gandhara, it was referred to some small kingdom in Swat Valley.

Back
Top Bottom