What's new

Antony asks Navy to assert its hold over IOR

KALKI

Reaction score
With China making forays, Antony asks Navy to assert its hold over IOR

With China making frequent forays into the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), Defence Minister A K Antony on Wednesday asked the Navy to assert its hold over the IOR and ensure it remained that way in the future.

Inaugurating a four-day Navy Commanders Conference here, Antony also wanted the maritime force to increase its contacts with the navies of other IOR countries to strengthen ties, mutual trust with them and to streamline joint operations.

"The complex maritime security environment in our region requires the Navy to maintain a state of perpetual readiness operationally. You must factor in the need to be ready at all times prominently, while planning for the future.

"At the same time, we need to maintain -- and even increase the momentum of our navy-to-navy contact with the littoral countries of the Indian Ocean. Such contacts strengthen professional ties, mutual trust and streamline inter-operability issues," he said in his address.

With China making forays, Antony asks Navy to assert its hold over IOR

Very good Anthony saab... Good tactic...:hitwall:Keep giving the contracts to PSUs who are known for delays so that Every ship navy wants is delayed and then ask the ill equipped navy to assert its hold..

^^ Once Gorshkov arrives and then IAC, navy's strength will be greatly enhanced.

Anthony saheb cancels all weapon contracts and blacklist companies and then he expect force to keep hold on sea air and water.....

^^ Once Gorshkov arrives and then IAC, navy's strength will be greatly enhanced.

yes..but who will protect Gorky..old KILOs getting life enhancement drug..?? or, U-209s..??

hmm...we need more submarines...gosh where are Indian armed forces heading?

Indian army infantry is in bad shape. Same with artillery programs.

IAF strength is also depleting.

IN is also not ready. :hitwall:

God save us now :cry:

yes..but who will protect Gorky..old KILOs getting life enhancement drug..?? or, U-209s..??

during war, AC sails with destroyers and submarines and mine sweepers.
its easy to target an AC but very difficult to sink it.
actually, may be it will be accompnaied by Adavance Vassel or could be Kilo class.

Sri Anthony needs to get out of his clean-as-an-angel image and get our scorpene production line and our next gen subs with RIP on fast tract ASAP, our shipbuilding yards seems to be on schedule with their AC'.

Wonder whats taking the Nerpas so long ?

LOL! Sweet Butterballs!!:woot:

Are my eyes deceiving me!? Or did Anthony get hit on the head while coming down from his house? A UPA minister asking IN to "assert" something!!? अबे ये तो चमत्कार हो गया!!!

This calls for a celebration! A UPA minister asking to "assert" something! I never knew I would live to see something like this! HAHAHAHAH! :hang2::D

hmm...we need more submarines...gosh where are Indian armed forces heading?

Indian army infantry is in bad shape. Same with artillery programs.

IAF strength is also depleting.

IN is also not ready. :hitwall:

God save us now :cry:
With a lethargic government like this, its a wonder how we remain the world's 4th largest firepower. Half the companies are blacklisted, the submarines are ancient, the artillery tenders are scrapped, Dhruv's production is so slow, Tejas MK.2 is nowhere on the horizon, not even a single MRCA has entered IAF, Coast Guard has about 1/3rd the helos it should have that too old Cheetahs rather than Dhruvs.

It is a miracle how we're not getting attacked at such a weak time.

With a lethargic government like this, its a wonder how we remain the world's 4th largest firepower. Half the companies are blacklisted, the submarines are ancient, the artillery tenders are scrapped, Dhruv's production is so slow, Tejas MK.2 is nowhere on the horizon, not even a single MRCA has entered IAF, Coast Guard has about 1/3rd the helos it should have that too old Cheetahs rather than Dhruvs.

It is a miracle how we're not getting attacked at such a weak time.

I also say that MoD have to be more efficient, especially when it comes to plan and issue such competitions, but can we blame them alone? Dhruv production, LCA development, for example is clearly the problem of HAL, ADA, DRDO right? Not to mention that our forces are also not that easy to handle, just think about all the issues and changing requirements of IA for Arjun.
I think not only the arms and techs of our forces needs to be modernised, also the ways and rules how such competitions, or procurments will be done.

However, one thing should remain very important, fighting the bribery! We can't let the vendors win who pays the highest bribes, although their arms and techs might be crap, or not what is needed four Indias security. So investigating such cases and ban companies because they tried, or even break the rules is totally the right way imo.

Back
Top Bottom