What's new

Anti-Vietnam Sentiment against Vietnamese with Chinese Citizenship living in China

As promised earlier, I have now translated the article about the Dayak and the ancient Viet people. But I have used another website that is more research oriented.

Roughly translated from Lạ lùng tộc người giống người Việt cổ trên đảo Borneo | Khoa Học - KhoaHoc.tv

A peculiar ethnic tribe in Borneo that resembles the ancient Vietnamese

This ethnic group also possess feather adorned headgears, tattoo, stilt housing, worship dragons and sacred birds... just like the ancient Vietnamese during Hung Vuong era (nb: northern Vietnam).

Redsvn-Dayak-people-03.jpg~original

In Borneo Island, the biggest island in South East Asia with territory belonging to Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia, live the ethnic Dayak - a community whose cultures are ancient and unique. According to historical research, the Dayak has inhabit Borneo since a long time. Their ancestors migrated from the Asian mainland to the island from over 3,000 years ago. The Dayak society began to prosper as metallurgy was transferred to the island around 2,450 years ago, which is also around the time of the Hung Vuong era in Vietnam.

nguoi-Dayak.jpg

The Dayak community consists of hundreds of different residents scattered across the island of Borneo. It has been claimed that they have hundreds of different dialects, but all belong to the Austronesian language (Austronesien). In Vietnam there are many ethnic groups that also belong to this language family, such as the Cham, Ede, Gia Rai, Out glai and Churu.

Most Dayak people live by the riverside, working in rice fields, agriculture, oil palm plantations on low hills ... They are also involved in handicrafts, pottery, weaving, metal casting, hunting and fishing.

nguoi-Dayak2.jpg

The main religion of the Dayak is Kaharingan, a form of localized Hindu Polytheism in Borneo. They particularly worship the dragon god and a sacred bird, two entities in the legend of the birth of the ethnic Dayak. This legend is akin to the ancient Vietnamese people of the Hung Vuong era, who considered themselves to be the descendent of a "Dragon and Celestial entitiy" and honored a sacred bird as a symbol and totem of the country.

The Dayaks also has many folk customs akin to the ancient Vietnamese such as erecting ceremonial poles, customs in mariage, burial, and other traditional beliefs. A similar custom of the ancient Vietnamese and the Dayak, little seen in other ethnic groups in the region, is the custom of tattooing.

nguoi-Dayak3.jpg

For the Dayak, tattoos express their relationship with the spirits, gods or ancestors and to banish disease, disaster, as well as ceremonies marking the coming of age, recognizing hierachy, status in tribal or distinguish friends from foes. The Dayak dress is also very similar to those of the Hung Vuong era, they use similar headgear that is decorated with long feathers, like the images depicted on the Dong Son bronze drum.

nguoi-Dayak5.jpg

Dayak women's costumes varies by region, but are made from brocade gown, decorated with bright patterns. They wear decorative headgear on special occasions. Dayak women often stretch their earlobes with heavy metal bracelet.This is pretty similar to how the ethnic minorities in the Central Highlands of Vietnam such as Ede, Bana, M'nông, Ma ...

nguoi-Dayak6.jpg

Traditionally, several generations live together in a Dayak stilt house of over 50m in length, has a capacity for 30 - 40 families and has meticulously carved patterns. The long house is also where the Dayak people gather, present offering on the worship alter, playing gongs and drums, dancing in traditional festivals. The colors, shapes, patterns are carved onto the house structure all has their own meaning. Unfortunately, these houses are slowly disappearing in our modernised age.

The Dayak have one particular practice that is internationally known: head-hunting among the tribes. This is how they protect their territories and how their warriors assert their power. The main weapons of the headhunter are spears and shield. The skulls will be kept indoors and used in many different rituals. Few people know that the nation of the central Vietnam region also had a similar head-hunting tradition. This is recognized by the French scholar, accordingly, head hunting people of rival villages is a major task to ask the spiritual world for better weather, avoiding pests, diseases and other calamities.

nguoi-Dayak8.jpg

The Dayak people continue to practice head hunting until the 1970s, but that tradition has now been eradicated. In terms of art, the Dayak are famous for their ngajat dance, inspired by the battle of the warriors.They also use a variety of different traditional music instruments.

Redsvn-Dayak-people-19.jpg~original

@Indos, @madokafc @Reashot Xigwin @Nihonjin1051 @JaiMin, etc.

Yes it's off-topic but very relaxing even motivating to watch pretty girls right? After all we are all just guys!

I think it was intended to be off topic from the beginning. I doubt the thread was created to discuss anti-Vietnam sentiments against Viet-Chinese, but to prove another point, which Im not really sure of but find it a bit weird.

As promised earlier, I have now translated the article about the Dayak and the ancient Viet people. But I have used another website that is more research oriented.

Roughly translated from Lạ lùng tộc người giống người Việt cổ trên đảo Borneo | Khoa Học - KhoaHoc.tv

A peculiar ethnic tribe in Borneo that resembles the ancient Vietnamese

This ethnic group also possess feather adorned headgears, tattoo, stilt housing, worship dragons and sacred birds... just like the ancient Vietnamese during Hung Vuong era (nb: northern Vietnam).

Redsvn-Dayak-people-03.jpg~original

In Borneo Island, the biggest island in South East Asia with territory belonging to Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia, live the ethnic Dayak - a community whose cultures are ancient and unique. According to historical research, the Dayak has inhabit Borneo since a long time. Their ancestors migrated from the Asian mainland to the island from over 3,000 years ago. The Dayak society began to prosper as metallurgy was transferred to the island around 2,450 years ago, which is also around the time of the Hung Vuong era in Vietnam.

nguoi-Dayak.jpg

The Dayak community consists of hundreds of different residents scattered across the island of Borneo. It has been claimed that they have hundreds of different dialects, but all belong to the Austronesian language (Austronesien). In Vietnam there are many ethnic groups that also belong to this language family, such as the Cham, Ede, Gia Rai, Out glai and Churu.

Most Dayak people live by the riverside, working in rice fields, agriculture, oil palm plantations on low hills ... They are also involved in handicrafts, pottery, weaving, metal casting, hunting and fishing.

nguoi-Dayak2.jpg

The main religion of the Dayak is Kaharingan, a form of localized Hindu Polytheism in Borneo. They particularly worship the dragon god and a sacred bird, two entities in the legend of the birth of the ethnic Dayak. This legend is akin to the ancient Vietnamese people of the Hung Vuong era, who considered themselves to be the descendent of a "Dragon and Celestial entitiy" and honored a sacred bird as a symbol and totem of the country.

The Dayaks also has many folk customs akin to the ancient Vietnamese such as erecting ceremonial poles, customs in mariage, burial, and other traditional beliefs. A similar custom of the ancient Vietnamese and the Dayak, little seen in other ethnic groups in the region, is the custom of tattooing.

nguoi-Dayak3.jpg

For the Dayak, tattoos express their relationship with the spirits, gods or ancestors and to banish disease, disaster, as well as ceremonies marking the coming of age, recognizing hierachy, status in tribal or distinguish friends from foes. The Dayak dress is also very similar to those of the Hung Vuong era, they use similar headgear that is decorated with long feathers, like the images depicted on the Dong Son bronze drum.

nguoi-Dayak5.jpg

Dayak women's costumes varies by region, but are made from brocade gown, decorated with bright patterns. They wear decorative headgear on special occasions. Dayak women often stretch their earlobes with heavy metal bracelet.This is pretty similar to how the ethnic minorities in the Central Highlands of Vietnam such as Ede, Bana, M'nông, Ma ...

nguoi-Dayak6.jpg

Traditionally, several generations live together in a Dayak stilt house of over 50m in length, has a capacity for 30 - 40 families and has meticulously carved patterns. The long house is also where the Dayak people gather, present offering on the worship alter, playing gongs and drums, dancing in traditional festivals. The colors, shapes, patterns are carved onto the house structure all has their own meaning. Unfortunately, these houses are slowly disappearing in our modernised age.

The Dayak have one particular practice that is internationally known: head-hunting among the tribes. This is how they protect their territories and how their warriors assert their power. The main weapons of the headhunter are spears and shield. The skulls will be kept indoors and used in many different rituals. Few people know that the nation of the central Vietnam region also had a similar head-hunting tradition. This is recognized by the French scholar, accordingly, head hunting people of rival villages is a major task to ask the spiritual world for better weather, avoiding pests, diseases and other calamities.

nguoi-Dayak8.jpg

The Dayak people continue to practice head hunting until the 1970s, but that tradition has now been eradicated. In terms of art, the Dayak are famous for their ngajat dance, inspired by the battle of the warriors.They also use a variety of different traditional music instruments.

Redsvn-Dayak-people-19.jpg~original

@Indos, @madokafc @Reashot Xigwin @Nihonjin1051 @JaiMin, etc.

I think it was intended to be off topic from the beginning. I doubt the thread was created to discuss anti-Vietnam sentiments against Viet-Chinese, but to prove another point, which Im not really sure of but find it a bit weird.

that's what i said before, the Dayaks is not quite related with the Champ as their culture and racial face is slightly quite different. The Champ is more akin to Malay people but with strong emphasis toward seafaring culture

Urang is Minang Kabau language (West Sumatra), we speak just like that until now, and yes according to some Vietnamese here, we have similar old story with ancient Vietnamese about a baby buffalo who can kill a big buffalo.

We always say Urang instead of orang.

And yes, there is ancient story about Minang people who can rule other country.

Beside that, maybe not many in PDF knows that first Malaysian King is also Minang Kabau ethnic. We rule Negari Sambilan in Malaysia.

First Singaporean president is also a Minang Kabau

Yusof Ishak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yusof_bin_Ishak.jpg

Both Malay kingdom in Malaysia and Singapore has been conquered already by our tiny tribe

:chilli:

It is very intersting. I copy from wiki here below:

The name Minangkabau is thought to be a conjunction of two words, minang ("victorious") and kabau ("buffalo"). There is a legend that the name is derived from a territorial dispute between the Minangkabau and a neighbouring prince. To avoid a battle, the local people proposed a fight to the death between two water buffalo to settle the dispute. The prince agreed and produced the largest, meanest, most aggressive buffalo. The Minangkabau produced a hungry baby buffalo with its small horns ground to be as sharp as knives. Seeing the adult buffalo across the field, the baby ran forward, hoping for milk. The big buffalo saw no threat in the baby buffalo and paid no attention to it, looking around for a worthy opponent. But when the baby thrust his head under the big bull's belly, looking for an udder, the sharpened horns punctured and killed the bull, and the Minangkabau won the contest and the dispute.

This story is same with our story " buffalo fighting " by our legenda elite Trạng Quỳnh.

It ís reported in media Vietnam that this people Minangkabu still maintain matriarchy , in the family , women ís economic power . In each of Minangkabau family , the oldest women called Turun Cicik , the sister in inheritance row secondery called Turun Nyi . These sounds and after a long period of history , read up still sounds a bit like suggesting see two names Trưng Trắc and Trưng Nhi in history Vietnam.

Indonesia gìn giữ văn bản nguồn gốc người Việt cổ | Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)
Trưng Sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.:cheers:

Last edited:

The OP has a history of starting provocateur threads. And usually is either China vs Japan or China vs Vietnam in nature.

Look at the poster's thread genesis history.

that's what i said before, the Dayaks is not quite related with the Champ as their culture and racial face is slightly quite different. The Champ is more akin to Malay people but with strong emphasis toward seafaring culture

I think they were more similar to Orang Suluk of Northern Borneo; the Suluk people number in the millions in southern Philippines, as well as their numbers swell nearly 3-4 million in Eastern Malaysia, as well as some numbers in Indonesian side of Boreo contiguous to Sabah. And the Orang Suluk have an extensive sea faring culture as well.

As for the Indo culture adoptation; I believe the Cham predecessors merely adopted the local Khmer / Angkorian culture of the local territory when they established their seat of power near present day Danang.

Facial phenotype wise the Cham look very similar to Northern Borneons, similar to Orang Suluk as well as some coastal Dayak communities. Also i would encourage you to search Orang Bajao; they are sea gypsies in the Philippines. They are found all over coastal communities in the Philippines and speak a similar dialect despite their location in that country. They are a sea faring gypsy people in the Philippines; they even still practice their ancient pre-islamic, pre-christian religion of animism mixed with Hindu-buddhism.

------

Orang Suluk:
DSCN5274.JPG

P1020702.JPG

97bac4b13ee25567c61ff166134fe877.jpg

Orang Suluk in Filipinas

=============

now compare to : Cham people of Southern Vietnam.
Their facial phenotype is identical.

Cham_Muslims_Cambodian.JPG

20111026152324_1.jpg

Compare the Cham men with Orang Suluk men in Filipinas,

pangsat.jpg

Kulintang_09.jpg

Interesting. Tatooing is a very common practice found in EVERY SINGLE Austronesian community.

1. Paya tribes in Taiwan tattoo
  2. Ifugao tribes in Filipinas tattoo
  3. Suluk Tagalogs also tattoo
  4. Visaya people also tattoo
  5. Suluk, Maranao, Tausug people tattoo
  6. Dayak tattoo
  7. Javanese and Sundanese tattoo
  8. Sulawesi tribes tattoo
  9. Malays tattoo
  10. Cham also tattoo

Heck even communities that are of the Polynesian communities such as the Maori, Samoan, Hawaiian also practice tattoo. Then again i am not suprirsed since these are members of the greater Malayo-Polynesian (Austronesian Ethnic branch) Family.

Please refer to said picture:
2004-004-7102F813.gif

Seems this thread has been derailed substantially. On topic, I disapprove of this anti-VN sentiment, almost all Viet buddies of mine are nice, smart and hardworking guys, even admire their toughness in dealing with business. Well I don't speak for all, just my personal opinion. Oh BTW I love Pho, buttered chicken wings, cane prawns and Maggie Q.

Last edited:
2004-004-7102F813.gif

This story is same with our story " buffalo fighting " by our legenda elite Trạng Quỳnh.

Not surprising bro; the oldest race in East / Southeast Asia is the Austronesians. Second are the Austroasiatic branch who came down from the mainland of China some 5-8,000 years ago. The Austronesian Race is far older, and larger; they arrived to present day Taiwan from the mainland of China through land bridge some 15,000 years ago. From Taiwan, they would colonize what is now the Philippines; from the Philippines they would then further colonize what is now Borneo, then into Java, into Sumatra, into Papua. They did not stop there; they further colonized far west into present day African island of Madagascar. In the East they would colonize the Guam island ; then they would colonize every single Polynesian and Micronesian island there is today -- as far as Hawaii.

So instances of Austronesian - Austroasiatic communities intermingling and even battling is not uncommon. Tho i must say , however, unlike the Austroasiatic (which Vietic is part of), the Austronesians are the 2nd largest ethnic group. Their numbers --- combined --- number more than 400 million. They are , as a collective race, a sea-fairing people. They have mastered extra-hemispherical colonization on nearly two hemispheres and a distance of over 10,000 miles.

It is very intersting. I copy from wiki here below:

The name Minangkabau is thought to be a conjunction of two words, minang ("victorious") and kabau ("buffalo"). There is a legend that the name is derived from a territorial dispute between the Minangkabau and a neighbouring prince. To avoid a battle, the local people proposed a fight to the death between two water buffalo to settle the dispute. The prince agreed and produced the largest, meanest, most aggressive buffalo. The Minangkabau produced a hungry baby buffalo with its small horns ground to be as sharp as knives. Seeing the adult buffalo across the field, the baby ran forward, hoping for milk. The big buffalo saw no threat in the baby buffalo and paid no attention to it, looking around for a worthy opponent. But when the baby thrust his head under the big bull's belly, looking for an udder, the sharpened horns punctured and killed the bull, and the Minangkabau won the contest and the dispute.

It ís reported in media Vietnam that this people Minangkabu still maintain matriarchy , in the family , women ís economic power . In each of Minangkabau family , the oldest women called Turun Cicik , the sister in inheritance row secondery called Turun Nyi . These sounds and after a long period of history , read up still sounds a bit like suggesting see two names Trưng Trắc and Trưng Nhi in history Vietnam.

Indonesia gìn giữ văn bản nguồn gốc người Việt cổ | Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)
Trưng Sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.:cheers:

My brother from Vietnam....:cheers:

:D

Seems this thread has been derailed substantially. On topic, I disapprove of this anti-VN sentiment, almost all Viet buddies of mine are nice, smart and hardworking guys, even admire their toughness in dealing with business. Well I don't speak for all, just my personal opinion. Oh BTW I love Pho, buttered chicken wings, cane prawns and Maggie Q.
Except Maggie Q is not full Vietnamese

@Rechoice

I like cute ladies, no doubt about that, but currently I like the graceful one though....:cheers:

pengantin_pelaminan_tanduk_minangkabau.jpg

Minang traditional dress

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom