What's new

Anti-Pakistan propaganda in the US media

I respect your points, and there is validity there. The alliance has certainly been mishandled. But can you say with certainty that such things as the comments from the USA re: the ISI are without merit? Within the rhetoric from both sides are elements of truth blended in with falsehoods.

Do you think that if the bin Laden raid had been communicated to the ISI prior to the date, or the USA had asked Pakistan to go in and get him, would there have been the slightest possibility of bin Laden being tipped off?

I can state with certainty that the CIA has done immoral things, and that elements within the CIA often work outside recognized authority, i.e. they have gone partially rogue. Can you say the same about the ISI? Or can they do no wrong?

How do you think cooperation be restored?

There is no perfect alliance. But together, we are infinitely stronger vs. a common enemy.

That reminds me, Mi:4 for is about some CIA rogues who save the world, so now i understand that these elements you call rogue that are immoral are actually praised as heroes by ordinary americans

It is not surprising at all.

When i saw the comments made by the US Internet users on Pakistan, i saw nothing except the hatred and the hostility.

Comments on China are also pretty much the same. Even Indian use racial slurs against Chinese people.

People who make bad comments against Pakistanis and Chinese are just simply angry monkeys:

DP81.jpg

and they are frustrated, because they are losing.

frustrated commentors:

DP302.jpg

That reminds me, Mi:4 for is about some CIA rogues who save the world, so now i understand that these elements you call rogue that are immoral are actually praised as heroes by ordinary americans

Uh, MI-4 is a movie and is total fiction.

No one in the USA are praising REAL rogue actions by CIA personnel.

It is not surprising at all.

When i saw the comments made by the US Internet users on Pakistan, i saw nothing except the hatred and the hostility.

We see gross, insensitive, and hateful comments from U.S., Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, every internet nation has herds of idiots. It does not represent national policy, nor does it represent people in general.

Kind of like YouTube comments.... they are not representative.

We see gross, insensitive, and hateful comments from U.S., Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, every internet nation has herds of idiots. It does not represent national policy, nor does it represent people in general.

Kind of like YouTube comments.... they are not representative.

But sir, I can quote you comments coming from US senators & highly ranked officials who use similar abrasive language towards Pakistan. And if I start quoting you the kind of comments Western think tanks & journalists make about Pakistan (like the Long War Journal), you have to admit there is a problem there. Pakistan has tried to keep the strategic relationship between both the nations functioning, but it sometimes seems like the US & NATO are trying their utmost to p*ss Pakistan off, & break up the relationship. The US & NATO can afford to be callous in their 'approach', as they don't have to live in this region forever, Pakistan does.

But sir, I can quote you comments coming from US senators & highly ranked officials who use similar abrasive language towards Pakistan.

You are correct there. But abrasive is different from insensitive, and there are levels, graduations. The congressmen and officials who do this are pandering to their constituency.

Come on, let's be realistic... right now, relations between our nations stink, are about as low as they've ever been. We have massed demonstrations of U.S. flag burnings in Pakistan, "Death to America" rallies reminiscent of Iran, we have Americans hating on Pakistanis for the bin Laden thing, etc. We've really got to work through this, as the alternative is unthinkable. The Taliban/TTP are loving it all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they go out of their way to create or engineer incidents in the future.

You are correct there. But abrasive is different from insensitive, and there are levels, graduations. The congressmen and officials who do this are pandering to their constituency.

Come on, let's be realistic... right now, relations between our nations stink, are about as low as they've ever been. We have massed demonstrations of U.S. flag burnings in Pakistan, "Death to America" rallies reminiscent of Iran, we have Americans hating on Pakistanis for the bin Laden thing, etc. We've really got to work through this, as the alternative is unthinkable. The Taliban/TTP are loving it all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they go out of their way to create or engineer incidents in the future.

Sir, doesn't this go against your viewpoint?

Taliban are not our enemy, says Joe Biden as US to negotiate deal to end Afghanistan war | Mail Online

No deal is going on at large scale as American Media is reporting.
Just yesterday a solder was killed in IED attack in Tribal Areas.Taliban have claimed responsibility of killing 3 Rangers in Karachi so Where is that deal?

Reality is that US media people are afraid to come to Pakistan and Afghanistan and most of there input is from media contractors
These media contractors just want to earn money and they show the American what they want and listen from US Army.
Americans think that every Pashtoon with beard,turban and shalwar Kameez is terrorist.This is reality that Pak Army arrests hundreds when they carry out any operation or get attacked and later releases these people.

What you say here may be true as per news below it also not surprising.

Pakistan deadliest country for journalists - Yahoo!7

Biden is, IMO, a bumbling idiot who cannot talk his way out of a wet paper bag.

Biden may be a 'bumbling idiot', but his argument is valid, and the White House appears to have endorsed his position.

The White House could have just left it at 'Biden spoke and/or was taken out of context', but Carney chose to go further and essentially justify Biden's comments by arguing that Biden's argument was the basis behind 'pursuing political reconciliation ..'

Biden may be a 'bumbling idiot', but his argument is valid, and the White House appears to have endorsed his position.

The White House could have just left it at 'Biden spoke and/or was taken out of context', but Carney chose to go further and essentially justify Biden's comments by arguing that Biden's argument was the basis behind 'pursuing political reconciliation ..'

i wonder how many Americans will keep on replying this thread any more ... :rolleyes:

No realistic person would say his argument is valid. The Taliban were our enemy in 2001 and remain our enemy. Of course officials in the Obama administration are going to attempt to defend him. They aren't going to throw him under the bus over that particular gaffe.

I am no friend of the Obama administration. I don't think we've had a decent Executive (Presidency) since Pappa Bush, and he was just average. Clinton would have gained my admiration except he was too much of a lying sleaze.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

i wonder how many Americans will keep on replying this thread any more ...

I'm right here, although we're 4 generations off topic at this point.

Can we make a voluntarily Pakistan defense forces of an offensive internet wing of PDF whose job is to defend against defamation and negative propaganda campaigns on the web? Much like JIDF

Jewish Internet Defense Force

No realistic person would say his argument is valid. The Taliban were our enemy in 2001 and remain our enemy. Of course officials in the Obama administration are going to attempt to defend him. They aren't going to throw him under the bus over that particular gaffe.

I am no friend of the Obama administration. I don't think we've had a decent Executive (Presidency) since Pappa Bush, and he was just average. Clinton would have gained my admiration except he was too much of a lying sleaze.

In essence you are sorta implying that the US democratic process has failed to produce good leaders as well.
If you guys arent having any luck, what can us third world folks be expected to do??

Back
Top Bottom