What's new

Anti-Koondakulum stir 'sponsored' from outside, alleges Russia

Err....and what qualifications do fishermen & fisher-women have...? Nuclear experts, are they?

So the protestors are supposed to take the word of Kalam? Didn;t a nuclear scientist object to this and put Kalam in his place? So you are telling me that unless you are educated you cannot protest? People all over the world would not be able to protest according to that logic unless they were "qualified". You can be illerate or literate and it doesn;t matter. You will hae doubts. YOu can form a decision based on the available facts. People have no faith in our system. For the poor, there is no justice just corruption. They live and see it everyday. So, they protest to make sure their voice and rights are heard.

So the protestors are supposed to take the word of Kalam? Didn;t a nuclear scientist object to this and put Kalam in his place? So you are telling me that unless you are educated you cannot protest? People all over the world would not be able to protest according to that logic unless they were "qualified". You can be illerate or literate and it doesn;t matter. You will hae doubts. YOu can form a decision based on the available facts. People have no faith in our system. For the poor, there is no justice just corruption. They live and see it everyday. So, they protest to make sure their voice and rights are heard.

Not my point. You were the one asking what qualifications a former President of India who was front & foremost in national security matters in addition to being a missile engineer has and insinuating that he had no understanding on nuclear matters. Then it is open to question the qualifications of those protesting since the nuclear plants are first cleared & certified by nuclear scientists whose points you do not wish to believe. Kalam would, by his position, have more access to facts then any of the protestors. You cannot use an argument when it suits your point & run away from the very same when it come back to bite you.

Naa ji protesters should listen to Bishops and cardinals of the church and udaykumar who dont even know "N" of nuclear and trust them that god has himself revealed them the 11th commandment-"Thou shalt not construct NPP unless procured from USA".....:rofl:

Not my point. You were the one asking what qualifications a former President of India who was front & foremost in national security matters in addition to being a missile engineer has and insinuating that he had no understanding on nuclear matters. Then it is open to question the qualifications of those protesting since the nuclear plants are first cleared & certified by nuclear scientists whose points you do not wish to believe. Kalam would, by his position, have more access to facts then any of the protestors. You cannot use an argument when it suits your point & run away from the very same when it come back to bite you.

No I suggest you read all the posts on the thread instead of getting wined up on one. As for Kalam, I stated exactly what a nuclear scientist stated who put Kalam in his place. Like you said, he was the former Prez and that position is BS. Its govt and they do make mistakes. Kalam can have all the access to info, even more than protestors then its up to the govt to come out clean and answer these questions that arise.

As for Kalam, I stated exactly what a nuclear scientist stated who put Kalam in his place.

When the PM answers, one wouldn't ask him what his qualification on the subject is, would one? Same with Kalam, actually less so. Unlike the one nuclear scientist (whoever that is) that you refer to, most nuclear scientists within the nuclear establishment (who would be the only ones to have access to all the facts) agree & support what Kalam himself said.

Like you said, he was the former Prez and that position is BS.

Not relevant, still a high enough position to be better informed in this case.

Its govt and they do make mistakes. Kalam can have all the access to info, even more than protestors then its up to the govt to come out clean and answer these questions that arise.

The government has repeated answered all questions, the protestors have been both unreasonable & irrational. There is nothing that will convince those who refuse to be convinced because their minds are all made up.

When the PM answers, one wouldn't ask him what his qualification on the subject is, would one? Same with Kalam, actually less so. Unlike the one nuclear scientist (whoever that is) that you refer to, most nuclear scientists within the nuclear establishment (who would be the only ones to have access to all the facts) agree & support what Kalam himself said.

Not relevant, still a high enough position to be better informed in this case.

The government has repeated answered all questions, the protestors have been both unreasonable & irrational. There is nothing that will convince those who refuse to be convinced because their minds are all made up.

I just think your whle premise that the govt knows everything therefore it knows whats is best sounds illogical. The point og govt is to rule for the ppl by the ppl, at least in a Democracy. People aren;t being irrational. They are being aware of corrupt India has become. They have the right to question and ask what;s going on. Like some one pointed out, there was no mandate conducted to ask the local ppl's position on constructing this in the first place. I pointed the contingency plans. Another poster gave me a report of 80 pgs. In the entire report, there was 1 small paragraph that has gives very little details and explanation. on the contingency plans. This and many other reasons are why ppl protest. They want answers and the govt has not been forthcoming. Saying one thing and showing nothing means bull.

SOrry we live in a democracy, we have the right to question anyone;s qualificationsand their position. Some of you guys quesiton nobel prize winners so wy not quesiton Kalam? Don;t you think working for the govt and hearing their position is kind of biased? These protestors have called for an Independent panel free of govt interference to make the facts clear. How come there is opposition to that?

YOu have access to google. YOu can look up the incident. im surprised you don;t know about the incident involving Kalam. YOu act as if it never occurred. A simple search would prove its a fact.

Now when I bring examples of govt inefficinecy and incompetnece, then you and others will say "oh its not relevant". Sorry it is, it shows a track record of lying and not doing a good job.

@axisofevil The Kundalkalm nuclear plant has been certified for safety by none other than Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.

Business Line : Industry & Economy News : Kudankulam plant safe, needed for TN: Kalam

If you can't believe a scientist of his stature over some random NGO types then nothing else can be said.

Why cant the govt allow an Independent panel to come to its own conclusions? Let me ask you something. OUr govt cant even act on Indian money in foreign banks, then how can they act so quikcly on this. This issue is more complex yet the bank issue could easily be resolved. Yet, our govt does not. So my advice to all is to follow the money. Sadly, you all have become corrupt to the way life is in India. YOu have grown so accustomed to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think your whle premise that the govt knows everything therefore it knows whats is best sounds illogical. The point og govt is to rule for the ppl by the ppl, at least in a Democracy. People aren;t being irrational. They are being aware of corrupt India has become. They have the right to question and ask what;s going on. Like some one pointed out, there was no mandate conducted to ask the local ppl's position on constructing this in the first place. I pointed the contingency plans. Another poster gave me a report of 80 pgs. In the entire report, there was 1 small paragraph that has gives very little details and explanation. on the contingency plans. This and many other reasons are why ppl protest. They want answers and the govt has not been forthcoming. Saying one thing and showing nothing means bull.

SOrry we live in a democracy, we have the right to question anyone;s qualificationsand their position. Some of you guys quesiton nobel prize winners so wy not quesiton Kalam? Don;t you think working for the govt and hearing their position is kind of biased? These protestors have called for an Independent panel free of govt interference to make the facts clear. How come there is opposition to that?

YOu have access to google. YOu can look up the incident. im surprised you don;t know about the incident involving Kalam. YOu act as if it never occurred. A simple search would prove its a fact.

Now when I bring examples of govt inefficinecy and incompetnece, then you and others will say "oh its not relevant". Sorry it is, it shows a track record of lying and not doing a good job.

Why cant the govt allow an Independent panel to come to its own conclusions? Let me ask you something. OUr govt cant even act on Indian money in foreign banks, then how can they act so quikcly on this. This issue is more complex yet the bank issue could easily be resolved. Yet, our govt does not. So my advice to all is to follow the money. Sadly, you all have become corrupt to the way life is in India. YOu have grown so accustomed to it.

The government is elected by the people and as of now, is the only accepted measure of people's will. The rest of your post is just one long rant lacking any logic & most not being connected to the topic under discussion.

By the way, I don't care for your condescending remarks on Indians living here and am most certainly not outsourcing a government policy decision to some "independent" panel.

The government is elected by the people and as of now, is the only accepted measure of people's will. The rest of your post is just one long rant lacking any logic & most not being connected to the topic under discussion.

By the way, I don't care for your condescending remarks on Indians living here and am most certainly not outsourcing a government policy decision to some "independent" panel.

Every govt in the world has used independent panels. What;s the problem? Seems when a plausiable solution comes up then you have an issue. Go figure. And there is no rants in my previous post. Time to check yourself if you feel corurption is the norm

Every govt in the world has used independent panels. What;s the problem? Seems when a plausiable solution comes up then you have an issue. Go figure. And there is no rants in my previous post. Time to check yourself if you feel corurption is the norm
Let us see who can be in this Independent Panel

1 Senior Beaureocrats Na they are corrupt

2 Retired Judges Na they are part of the govt

3 Eminent Scientists Na we can find obscure scientists who can point figures at their qualifications

4 foreign experts Na they don't know Indian conditions and they have vested interest as they want to sell reactors to India.

5 NGOs and Arundhati Roy types Perfect !!!

Let us see who can be in this Independent Panel

1 Senior Beaureocrats Na they are corrupt

2 Retired Judges Na they are part of the govt

3 Eminent Scientists Na we can find obscure scientists who can point figures at their qualifications

4 foreign experts Na they don't know Indian conditions and they have vested interest as they want to sell reactors to India.

5 NGOs and Arundhati Roy types Perfect !!!

Hey maybe you should look harder. You and others don;t want to see an Independenet panel bear fruit. I didn;t say who I just independent panel who are not being paid by any govt. Doesn;t that sound fair and unbiases?

See if you paid attention yo would realize a judge actually wanted this issue to be resolved properly and not rushed the way govt wanted.

Hey maybe you should look harder. You and others don;t want to see an Independenet panel bear fruit. I didn;t say who I just independent panel who are not being paid by any govt. Doesn;t that sound fair and unbiases?

See if you paid attention yo would realize a judge actually wanted this issue to be resolved properly and not rushed the way govt wanted.
Just tell who would you find acceptable in this Independent Panel? You say it should not be paid by the government. Then who should pay for it? Whoever pays for it can be accused of biasing the panel.

And for the record I do not believe that Dr. Kalam was paid for by the govt. the same govt. incidentally, which blocked his re-election to the post of President when he had an overwhelming public support.

As for the Protests I respect everyone's democratic right to protest peacefully. However they must also realise the reality of an energy hungry India. Sometimes the people have to think of the greater good

The nuclear is built & certified. Why should everyone's crazy wishes be acceded to? There are no grounds for some "independent" panel being set up. You have hardly shown yourself as being open to convincing, sure as you are about your doubts on nuclear energy. The same with others who are protesting this. There is no convincing anyone there because there is no rational thinking in the first place.

If you go on & on about corruption, maybe you agree that the protestors might be paid to disrupt the plant. Surely they too are "Indians" & therefore amenable to the very same corruption that you suggest strikes every other Indian having the opposite view of you & the protestors. In which case, all this talk about independent panel is all humbug meant to delay & disrupt an important national project.

Always remember, an evil Hindu is still better than an evil person from any other religion :P

You have a nice day!

:rofl:....

When people are willing to pay Rs. 20/- per unit & willing to surrender 100's of thousands of acres for solar & other ideas, we can have this discussion. The Europeans can afford to talk about this, they wouldn't allow any fishermen like those protesting to survive in the first place what with all their regulations.

Europeans can afford to dibble-dabble in solar power because they have acquired lakhs of hectares in the Sahara just across the mediterranean and transport the energy from there.

Hey but dont let facts and economic realities disturb the tree-kissers. We just need "clean" energy.

Didn't even Manmohan Singh blame foreign NGO's for the trouble?

That he opened his mouth to make this allegation must atleast have convinced these skeptics if not the scientific reports from BARC,DAE or Dr.Kalam, that there was somethign fishy about the whole issue.

Back
Top Bottom